Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,556 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Help! My Only Kid Sister Is Epileptic #sobbing - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! My Only Kid Sister Is Epileptic #sobbing (874 Views)

Help! My Sister Is Seeing Her Period The Second Time This Month / A Shocked Uniport Student Suffered An Epileptic Fit As Her Friend Fainted / I Am Epileptic Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Only Kid Sister Is Epileptic #sobbing by amtheicyone900: 7:28pm On Jun 19, 2017
It hurts so bad each time I see her in such condition and can't find a lasting solution. This chronic disorder has been inflicting her for the past 4 yrs and all efforts to restore her has proven abortive. I decided to reach out to my fellow nairalander to please assist in anyway possible as I don't want to loose her. #crying

1 Like

Re: Help! My Only Kid Sister Is Epileptic #sobbing by NwaAmaikpe: 7:30pm On Jun 19, 2017
You won't lose her.

Put a spoon in between her teeth during her next bout,
Lie her down.
Use a metal pan and knack her head so hard...
Re: Help! My Only Kid Sister Is Epileptic #sobbing by eezeribe(m): 7:30pm On Jun 19, 2017
This life sef...
Re: Help! My Only Kid Sister Is Epileptic #sobbing by Iloveafrica: 7:32pm On Jun 19, 2017
embarassed
Re: Help! My Only Kid Sister Is Epileptic #sobbing by grayjonz(m): 7:39pm On Jun 19, 2017
sorry about that is she on any medication?
Re: Help! My Only Kid Sister Is Epileptic #sobbing by kolafolabi(m): 7:45pm On Jun 19, 2017
Doctor should be able to give you medicines that are used to treat epilepsy. The ones that work by stabilising the electrical activity of the brain. She needs to take medication every day to control seizures. In about 8 in 10 cases, seizures are well controlled by medication. Surgery is an option in some cases.

So sorry about that. It is well.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Only Kid Sister Is Epileptic #sobbing by Ipfreely: 7:55pm On Jun 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
You won't lose her.

Put a spoon in between her teeth during her next bout, Lie her down. Use a metal pan and knack her head so hard...
Silly.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Only Kid Sister Is Epileptic #sobbing by slyrone(m): 8:13pm On Jun 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
You won't lose her.

Put a spoon in between her teeth during her next bout,
Lie her down.
Use a metal pan and knack her head so hard...
Its epilepsy not convulsion

1 Like

Re: Help! My Only Kid Sister Is Epileptic #sobbing by oxypress: 11:25pm On Jun 19, 2017
amtheicyone900:
It hurts so bad each time I see her in such condition and can't find a lasting solution. This chronic disorder has been inflicting her for the past 4 yrs and all efforts to restore her has proven abortive. I decided to reach out to my fellow nairalander to please assist in anyway possible as I don't want to loose her. #crying

Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (hbot) is a more scientific way to treat seizure disorders except for a few space-occupying lessions in the brain. It is effective and very safe. HBOT deals with the root cause of seizures (which all neurologists agree) is a deficit of blood flow in the epileptic foci from which some erratic electrical impulses originate.

HBOT floods the brain tissues with oxygen and improoves the the blood supply and metabolic activities of brain cells. New blood vessels are created in damaged arrears, repairs of damaged tissues are carried out, stem cells are also released to replace dead or damaged neurons. The drugs are also beneficial but the benefit stops when treatment stops. One should also consider the side effects of these drugs.
With hbot freequency and intensity of seizures are reduced or eliminated and this is a healing effect.
When we give advice people never take it serious because they want to cut corners.
The 'koner-koner' treatments in epillepsy don't work because epillepsy is a form of brain damage.
Re: Help! My Only Kid Sister Is Epileptic #sobbing by Baroba(m): 11:54pm On Jun 19, 2017
amtheicyone900:

See a doctor, please ignore the person that advised you to put a spoon in her mouth..

Whenever she is fitting, clear all hazards and let her get on with it.

Is she on medication such as sodium valporate or keppa. See a doctor..

Educate yourself on tonic / clonic seziures so you can help her, epilepsy is not a death sentence, a lot of people function day to day despite having the condition..it is well..
Re: Help! My Only Kid Sister Is Epileptic #sobbing by sammysunny88: 7:47am On Jun 20, 2017
amtheicyone900:
You can contact me on whatsapp for details. There is natural, pure and curative herbal medicine from China that has just been discovered for treatment and cure of chronic epilepsy. And we have confirmed it because we have used it to cure an epilepsy patient of six years recently. This medicine are natural and pure herbs without any side effect but a bit expensive because tue pateint have to be on treatment for at least three months to acheive remarkable result but efficacy is guarantee. 0/8/0/6/8/8/03/3/8/6.
Re: Help! My Only Kid Sister Is Epileptic #sobbing by Ipfreely: 12:39pm On Jun 20, 2017
slyrone:
Its epilepsy not convulsion
Perhaps a quick search on those two terms would enlighten you.

(1) (Reply)

China: Boy With Cup Size Breast Goes For Surgery / How To Get Flat Tummy In A Very Short Time / Sign And Self Examination For Breast Cancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.