Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,159 members, 7,815,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Islamic Agenda In ABU, Zaria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Islamic Agenda In ABU, Zaria (826 Views)

Federal University, Lafia: Sex Scandal, Islamic Agenda Allegations / New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria / Scenic Pictures Of ABU Zaria Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Agenda In ABU, Zaria by coptic: 9:31pm On Jun 19, 2017
A wise man once said, "Education would be all the better for teachers focusing on knowledge and not evangelising for their god."

Unfortunately, it is becoming increasingly difficult to tell ABU apart from a religious organisation.

Every facet of the academic life is now been given a religious coloration. Exceptional professors, doctors, and lecturers have left the institution at one point or the other owing to the politics of religion playing out there.

Today, it has been established that the the non-Muslim and non-natural/Fulani Muslim lecturers were frustrated out of the school to make way for the rather inept but Muslim ones.

Information from reliable sources disclosed that ABU Zaria has been hiring Muslim-only candidates to fill various vacancies in the school. This is irrespective of whether they are fit for the job or not. Professor Ibrahim Garba has turned the once reverred institution into a sectarian assembly where merit has been thrown out the window.

I have been reliably informed that the recruitment was such that some Christian applicants were told to their faces that they won't make the cut just because they differ in religious beliefs.

Even the admission process has taken a different dimension.

Religion has been eating deeply into the fabrics of ABU for long, but never before has it been this bad.

The Federal government needs to look into the affairs of that school.

Cc: Lalasticlala, Seun, mynd44
Re: Islamic Agenda In ABU, Zaria by SUPERPACK: 9:39pm On Jun 19, 2017
who cares, if they like they should christianize the school,
Re: Islamic Agenda In ABU, Zaria by coptic: 9:50pm On Jun 19, 2017
SUPERPACK:
who cares, if they like they should christianize the school,

That's a bad sign for a federal uni at that.
Re: Islamic Agenda In ABU, Zaria by Afam4eva(m): 9:53pm On Jun 19, 2017
I thank God I'm not from that part of the country.
Re: Islamic Agenda In ABU, Zaria by coptic: 9:56pm On Jun 19, 2017
Afam4eva:
I thank God I'm not from that part of the country.

Seriously.

There's a lot to be thankful for when you and those people do not relate.

They don't mind tearing everything down for the sake of religion. It's shameful.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Agenda In ABU, Zaria by ogashman(m): 10:23pm On Jun 19, 2017
nepotism and religious favouritism is an inherent factor in almost all schools in northern Nigeria.

they give out employment to inept and low IQ cronies without minding the resultant effects of this on our standard of education.

family members re given jobs not because they re qualified but jus for them to have a source of livelihood for themselves and their numerous wives and children.

I ve come across many so called lecturers in the north who can not even express themselves in simple language talk less of imparting a non existent knowledge...forming they know it while copying a solvable calculation directly from the handout.

it is DAT bad...and I think it will get to a point where graduate from that part of the country wud only know how to speak Hausa cos English language has eluded them.
Re: Islamic Agenda In ABU, Zaria by Nobody: 5:20am On Jun 20, 2017
ABU Zaria is quite known for this. Frankly, there is nothing the FG would do about it. I feel so much pity for Northern Christians having been essentially ostracized in all facets of life, being treated as second class citizens. It would also amaze you that same University gets far more allocation than UI and UNN. I hope the christians up north can seek refuge in Unijos or so.
Re: Islamic Agenda In ABU, Zaria by coptic: 8:38am On Jun 20, 2017
Statsocial:
ABU Zaria is quite known for this. Frankly, there is nothing the FG would do about it. I feel so much pity for Northern Christians having been essentially ostracized in all facets of life, being treated as second class citizens. It would also amaze you that same University gets far more allocation than UI and UNN. I hope the christians up north can seek refuge in Unijos or so.

You speak the truth, bro.

And as you rightly suggested, some of the people are beginning to move to unijos instead. I know about two professors who have moved already. And these people were the best their various departments could boast of during my undergraduate days.

They Muslim leaders have already laid the groundwork to make the uni accrue more allocations that any other in Nigeria. A very nice school overall, but religion has tore it down to shreds.

I am afraid for the incompetent people ABU will dole out in future.

Things look bleak.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

July 2017 Webometrics Ranking Released - See How Nigerian Universities Rank / Efficacy Of Vervain / How Tough Is GCE Compare To That Of School Waec?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.