Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,219 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:34 PM

Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows (8044 Views)

Difference Between Feel Good Music And Great Music. / Ferocious (chapters 48 - 53) / Alive In The Melody, Music And Remedy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 1:08pm On Jun 30, 2017
yorhmienerd:
cool

Please try to interprete the languages so we can understand
Okay, sir.

After every update, there'll be a glossary.
Thanks.
Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 1:09pm On Jun 30, 2017
LordOfNaira:
This guy definitely can write. Poetry and prose on the same page.
Thank you, LONA. Please enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 1:10pm On Jun 30, 2017
SPDAZZY:

Thanks for the mention. Présente
Wélcòmë (Hope it is this way?) You're welcome, dear. Enjoy.
Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 1:11pm On Jun 30, 2017
stuff46:
"Aure" it is no "Awure", and also in the 19's am not sure if there are bulbs in rooms in Nigeria.

Peotic and intruging i must confess, i love what you are doing with this characters already.

Give me more.
Corrections noted, bro. Thank you. I've delivered.
Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 1:21pm On Jun 30, 2017
Divepen1:
unbanned. Just send a mail next time. It would faster that way.
Thanks, mod.
Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 1:36pm On Jun 30, 2017
Evathyst, IZUKWU, Aliyeous, Sunexy, miremoses, YINKS89, layla129, KingTom, juhan, kennedymac, damilola69, Hurklan, ennyscongy, dianna1, imsirkay, Donemc, Aristokells24, hfinest1,Andykruiz, danwa25, Ndukings92, Evathyst, slimthugchimee, ireneony, Tuhndhay, joeCris, Despirado121, josh4ever, ritababe, khodedboih, cherrybrown, mekonglobal, johnjunior39, sampete, donobecs, milanseedorf, verine, babasolo, avicky, zimoni, iyamchee, virturaikay, zanebaddo, governorsym, Orlandihno, amross16,
onuwaje, suraaj, EngrE, saheedbadmus, WHIZKIDEFE, Ayodeji2k14, louiskay, kestare, joshuamoses101, godsonchikelue, bernie4naija, WeedyGonzalez, siempere,sekzy99, unearthed, ennyscongy, McBrooklyn, saucekid, Ebenezer1998, Nelkoko, anyakarl, Okoanike, Romzii, bassette, TamedWolf90, Ijaya123, Henz24, IAMXcessiz, kryptonKing, barackodam, ClintonDal, cheruv, ashatoda, ArinzeAlec, Mutaino7, yurme, MERS, cutecanson, ademoladeji, BeeBeeOoh, Glokit, ayxmania, chines4, Stormisova, KissCODE, odafe94, OlufemiWhit, sammyendowed, uanda, mimzy, Smellymouth, sunkieisland, AbrahamLincoln, addempsea, incredible70, rapcy, sherif4owo, chorlay, vosquare, IRAPADA, PastorAji, Stelvin101, phatiebaba, elpiro, Edipee, olojuede01, peleson, Oluwabunmy, lexaydfg, 7footre, godaxionbamin, mo9ice, emmanuelles, philismary, Slimfitdiva, brightballer, donkelz, DavOnyi, hero10, eagleeye2, scabit, AirSultan. Ralphloren25, jmichlins, mancheeutd, naijamakossa, marcusagrippa, heatflux, andretony, daholiest, Simplebea, aprilwise selvad, nadalion, eddyroyal, petishegzy, discoprophet, annikky, Solidkay, Phamoxy, ishowdotgmail, FactTruths, Mekky05, desdichando, Nwereonye, heskeyw, 3rdlegxxx, Onyeval, flekside, vickkydgreat, chucksvialle, marshalrhino, Erick9300, guntranno, faith2ogesco, rednaxx, stainlink, Diction10nairal, EngrKabir, Ayomide93, naijafox, freshkunzy, Rocktation, obasegun88, UdBerg, BoluGabriel, alhajisindodo, vinee09, bigjoule, Nitefury, mhiz, maiconyoung, Bb4u, snezBaba, donpapachi, neo2smart, rejoicebae, iAmCharis, alexie4real, Aadetola1, holymayor5, Bonchila, sunnyeinstein, nastyd, Penuelseun, slimmyjimmy, abagajnr3, chucksvalle, Olatoman, teewai3, Benndted, Predivine, Jodesky, JeffreyJames, celeb4lfe, south7313, latbas, engryomiaina, tgwltm, YoungDaNaval, Rucosta10, Eminentsaint, obaayo2, heanyi40, Ishilove, Twaci, Anas09, Ralphloren25, krett, Gofwane, Dhanidhamy, fancyboy, fashonale, rhodu, gurugalore, rattyo3, folxy91, BrainewsNg, vizkiz, jephthal, Evakingz, yeogar, Mrbee21, OVI75, mkdonald, lordkeme, ablatgraphicplus, DavOnyi, olumode09, gideon293, Phinity318, haydeey, egedem. gnaftalee, sexstoriespost, kunlexbaba45, strongguy, promi6, philybuck, Puah, frozenhot, arosunshine, temi4fash, naijafox, skoloppy31, phenom57, mayor10, ObioraIkenna, NanaAmofah, mixter, tonye72, kingmekus, flackoFlint, ibroh22,oluwaemmanuel, JESUSBOIY, ThisIsTDF, mediaspace, povost, SirHenry105, saintgp, SelinaBrown,urchelixir, Jaybee41, xule20, koropon, debonairprinx, gboly3290, yurme, pastorpussy, sweetyie, Enigurl, bbulldog, Fdfredo, enigma2007, olanrewajumi, Temilayhor, scabit, zanga420, dapsylee, kingmekus, Sirbomb, misspella, buccunmie, Destiny4fame, sonofgodfrey, Stormisova, Nogodye, Bespiel, ehispapa, berryice, MrsKheiron, tooltip,chigozie7, stal65, Holuwarphemmy, akugbe22, iheanyi40, Andremani, lamthoney, liveLongNprospa, Destiny4fame, chrisantus25, walexx211, Elsuperior, Akposkool, papyson, Shabib, iamDiabolic, Mathias260, yajoe.
Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by Despirado121(m): 3:43pm On Jun 30, 2017
Silently following with ease
Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by EvaJael(f): 4:03pm On Jun 30, 2017
I'll cry for you if you don't mention me next time
Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by Debbietiyan(f): 3:12pm On Jul 02, 2017
Your words are sooo vivid, I could surely learn a thing or two cool
Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by queenitee(f): 12:18am On Jul 04, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

Isn't that sad? Really, I'm hating that Christopher. I'd kill him if I had the power.
You kuku have the power, lol
Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2017
Of '53, CONT'D

Kelechi's eyes quivered, like droplets on a zinc. His hands reflexively took to his chest and drummed—like ball bearings bustling in heated oil. His lips dithered indecently and a knot tightened in his stomach. A strange cold taste crept on his tongue and slipped through his throat. He realized his lips were ajar and he shut them. He put off the local torch he carried and immediately dreaded the eerie prick that followed. Then, he ran, his heavy breaths jingling in the cold air—as though a pendulum in motion.

Minutes later, he was back, with two other men. One carried a torch. The other was an English. The other man who had just returned with Kelechi moved closer to what he had claimed to see. It was Sherifah.

Her eyes were shut now, barring the world the bright twinkles they shone. Her little, light face gazed hopelessly at the night, like the curve of an egg. Her head had ceased bleeding, though a sticky red trickle still ran down her head. Her breathing was shallow—very shallow and acutely inconspicuous, like the breathing bubbles of a diver.

'Kai! Suh!' One of the men screamed as her face squinted and folded, like the ripples on water. 'Wallahi, she never die pa!' He guffawed with excitement, his heavily accented voice cried, breaking through the thick, thick fence of wafers that encircled Sherifah's earbuds.

'You mean she's alive?' The white man spoke, the apprehension that had soaked his face going south and a much clearer lightness coming on. The way he spoke must have been unlike his compatriots, for the man who had earlier spoken heard him correctly.

'Yes-suh,' the man answered and bent to her side. He raised her head and and took off her soiled hijab with the utmost care. Then, he lifted her lithe body and looked at the English man as if for directions.

'Take her to Natalie quickly. She is an emergency.'

'Yes-suh!' The other man complied and he took delicate steps forward, his withdrawing silhouette telling the fable of a swaying, cackling duck.

'She must be attended to immediately!' The English barked at the retreating figure.

'John.' (that was the name the English called Kelechi).

'Suh,' he answered quietly, apparently still shaken by the image of an eleven-year-old lying in a crude pool of her sleepy blood.

'You've done well today. You and Ahmad,' 'suh' continued. 'But you should get used to a sight like this. Let's go.'

As they returned home, Kelechi, John, braced his mind. He would join the army later that year.

Jummai moulded her falling wrapper round her full waist and continued sweeping at the leaves that swaddled the bare expanse of land. The wrapper loosened again and she sighed, heaving as she stood straight and put the wrapper right again. Her eyes watered—like dew in a tumbler—and she sobbed. It reminded her of the nights Christopher had loosened her wrapper and had fiddled with the freckles on her left nipple. She hissed - as strained tears rolled off her face; kicked the broom far from her and ran into the waiting hut.

Later—when the sun had hidden behind the dry, damp clouds, a series of forceful, concurrent knocks slipped into her earbuds - forceful as the breaking of a day; concurrent as the echoes of a bell. Her eyelids fluttered and she rolled onto her other side on the straw bed. The knocks persisted and she ceremoniously got up. Groping, like an headless ant, she lit the locomotive lantern. Then, she put on her hijab.

'Wahe?' She questioned, the words tumbling off her tongue in a slur.

'Ni ne Sanni.'

'Sanni?' She wanted to be sure. The hut was on the outskirts and very few people lived around. The closest house was quite a distance for a four-year-old.

'Eeh.'

'Saya, inazoa,' she returned and unfastened the lock chain from the round, metallic knob. The door pushed in and Sanni came into her hazy sight.

'Inahuni,' she addressed him. Then, she noticed a lanky, boyish figure tilling the earth wish his bare feet, each foot handling the other. His hands were locked behind him and his bald head was bowed, denouncing his butterflies.

'Sheriff?' She gasped, and her hands axiomatically flew to cover her mouth—as though she was scared anything louder would make him disappear. Instantly—as instant as the green on leaves—she was by the boy's side, caressing and pulling his bony cheeks. She kissed him on the fore of his head and tried to catch a fleshy portion of his face this time, but she failed to. A part of her deflated, like the dimples birthed of a suctioned cheek, but she let it go quickly. She ran her hands over his body. He was confidently thin and it showed in his face. She clutched his hands, as firm as a pillar, and led him inside. She smiled at her uncle, her tongue stuck.

****To Be Continued****

1 Like

Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 12:26pm On Jul 04, 2017
GLOSSARY (Every word is in Hausa unless stated otherwise) :-

Wallahi! — By Allah!

Wahe? — Who it it?

Ni ne — I am.

Eeh — Yes.

Saya — Wait.

Inazoa —? I'm coming.

Inahuni — Good evening.

Kai — An exclamation.

Pa — A typical Hausa way of pronouncing 'Fa'.
Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 12:27pm On Jul 04, 2017
Despirado121:
Silently following with ease
Welcome, bro.
Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 12:28pm On Jul 04, 2017
EvaJael:
I'll cry for you if you don't mention me next time
Abeg jor! You promised me something and disappeared. tongue
Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 12:29pm On Jul 04, 2017
Debbietiyan:
Your words are sooo vivid, I could surely learn a thing or two cool
Maybe—maybe. You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 12:31pm On Jul 04, 2017
queenitee:

You kuku have the power, lol
I thought all power belongs to God almighty
Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by EvaJael(f): 1:46pm On Jul 04, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

Abeg jor! You promised me something and disappeared. tongue
I sent queenitee to deliver na as she always does for me. Queenitee,did you divert the package?
Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by queenitee(f): 2:29pm On Jul 04, 2017
EvaJael:

I sent queenitee to deliver na as she always does for me. Queenitee,did you divert the package?
Ehm, I did not meet him at home
Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by queenitee(f): 2:32pm On Jul 04, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

I thought all power belongs to God almighty
But this one belongs to you
Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by Missmossy(f): 12:54pm On Jul 07, 2017
Now I'm here learning new Hausa cheesy words keep it coming eager to know the turn out of events. Thumbs up.
Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by olatex25(m): 10:11pm On Jul 07, 2017
Hadampson:
I don arrive... thanks 4 d invite
Lemme quickly put my reading glasses on8)

Evajael, akinwale14, jane1234f, kimberlywest, samyfreshsmooth and queenitee.. come and join me

Itz bin a while guys.. cc: angelinastto, olatex25 and oly23
Tanx bro... just been busy dis days, av miss u guys oo... is good to be back..
Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by Sylva2147: 12:11am On Jul 08, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
GLOSSARY (Every word is in Hausa unless stated otherwise) :-

Wallahi! — By Allah!

Wahe? — Who it it?

Ni ne — I am.

Eeh — Yes.

Saya — Wait.

Inazoa —? I'm coming.

Inahuni — Good evening.

Kai — An exclamation.

Pa — A typical Hausa way of pronouncing 'Fa'.
nice story you got here I said thumbs up. please some few corrections -ina zuwa, ina wuni, baza ka zo nan ba?
Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by Hadampson(m): 9:23am On Jul 08, 2017
olatex25:

Tanx bro... just been busy dis days, av miss u guys oo... is good to be back..
Wow! welcome back bro. Good to have you back

samyfreshsmooth our broda olatex25 is back

1 Like

Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by Epluribusunom(m): 10:21pm On Jul 08, 2017
This piece is electrifying as a hair dryer, stunning as a traq gun. I throway salute for you op.
Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by samyfreshsmooth(m): 10:03pm On Jul 11, 2017
Hadampson:
Wow! welcome back bro. Good to have you back

samyfreshsmooth our broda olatex25 is back

baba olatex25 we greet thee

welcome back

Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by prettyrose: 9:39am On Jul 12, 2017
Following
Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by Hurklan(m): 1:34am On Jul 16, 2017
Present.. Eniqurl, check dz awt again
Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 8:21am On Jul 17, 2017
I know it's been long I posted an update and I'm very sorry. I will type as soon as I get my phone charged. Thanks for the love, moderators.
Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by queenitee(f): 2:57pm On Jul 17, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
I know it's been long I posted an update and I'm very sorry. I will type as soon as I get my phone charged. Thanks for the love, moderators.
Better o. Thank you
Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by Lankyannie(f): 3:06pm On Jul 17, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

First follower you were. First lady you are. Thanks much, Annie (will you be my African queen?)
awww!!! am blushing
unfortunately Boo am not an African but thanks for the offer though.
the story line is dope but am kinda confused on the Hausa language. can't you write the story with our general language??
more fountain of wisdom to you dear.
Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 7:52am On Jul 18, 2017
Didn't I promise to update yesterday Lol, it rained yesternight and the flood paid me a great visit. How I wish I could exaggerate!
Re: Of '53, Some Music And The Gallows by queenitee(f): 8:42am On Jul 18, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
Didn't I promise to update yesterday Lol, it rained yesternight and the flood paid me a great visit. How I wish I could exaggerate!
Issokay o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Crime And Adventure / Resources For Young Writers / Life Of A Lesbian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.