Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

The Reason One Igbo-hating Woman Gave Me For Hating The Igbo - Igbodefender.com - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Reason One Igbo-hating Woman Gave Me For Hating The Igbo - Igbodefender.com (1404 Views)

Wadume: APC Gave Me N13m For 2019 Election / Otedola: DSS Gave Me $500,000 To Set Farouk Lawan Up / Who's Met Just One Igbo Muslim? Live Not On TV!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reason One Igbo-hating Woman Gave Me For Hating The Igbo - Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 4:22am On Jun 20, 2017
One day I was discussing with a fellow Nigerian (beautiful lady) but her heart was dark to the Igbo, her fellow compatriot. She blurted out to me that she hates Igbos.

Shocked, I asked her why, and she said if there are 5 people in a compound selling things, the moment just one Igbo joins, he will take over the trade and (through his natural business excellence) push all the other non Igbo businesses out of business in a few months. Now, this was no 'chest beating' Nwa Ada Igbo, but a certified anti-Igboist spilling her guts to me in a moment of bizzare truth.

It was only later that I read Amy Chua’s book on Igbos being market dominant group, together with the Jews that I understood that resentment is one of the crosses the Igbo has to bear for being allergic to failure.

Now, what should this woman and others who feel the same way about Igbos have done? They should have understudied the Igbo to learn one or two tricks of the trade from them. I know another Idoma woman who boasted that she studies the Igbos and stays around them as much as possible to learn secrets to business success from them.

Now, that’s a wise woman, and  she must have learned one or two things because to the best of my knowledge, she has been going from level to higher level businesswise. Another wise person is Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State, who sent Ekiti indigenes to come to Ala Igbo to learn how to do business. Of course, some of the business ability is inborn, but these Ekiti students will learn one or two useful things to grow their business.

Ask Malaysia. In the 1960’s they came down to Ala Igbo to buy palm seedlings from Igbos. Today, they are the world’s biggest palm oil producers. That is what happens when you decide to learn from the Igbo, rather than hate them. Look at my favourite Nigerian actress, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, a Yoruba.

She humbled herself with the Igbos really humble woman with a humble character) and became one of the 2 current Nollywood celebrities and a real diva, a real queen. That is what happens when you decide not to be a hater.

The Igbos are flooding your town? You should be happy because that is a vote of confidence from the best investor you can get as an African town. These investors will not suddenly divest tomorrow, and leave your city to fall economically. But they like to leave for their homeland Ala Igbo every Christmas to count scores against their fellow investors who are developing other parts of thw world ( yes, you can find Igbo markets like Alaba in places like South Africa, ask the BBC.

So, it’s a win win for your economy if marginalization and unfair taxes can be dropped. If you tax the Igbo fairly, you can still make enough money to develop your territory while he has more profit to develop your economy. He will not repatriate all the profit to Ala Igbo, (even though he should do more of that). After all, Shell and Chevron repatriate a large bulk of their income to their homeland.

Source: http://www.igbodefender.com/2017/06/20/the-reason-one-igbo-hating-woman-gave-me-for-hating-the-igbo/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Reason One Igbo-hating Woman Gave Me For Hating The Igbo - Igbodefender.com by nwamehn: 4:35am On Jun 20, 2017
U might not be far from the truth though someone that would hate would most likely hate.

4 Likes

Re: The Reason One Igbo-hating Woman Gave Me For Hating The Igbo - Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 4:40am On Jun 20, 2017
nwamehn:
U might not be far from the truth though someone that would hate would most likely hate.
You are right, but we should show them that their are mutually beneficial alternatives to hatreds and spiteful ultimatums.

1 Like

Re: The Reason One Igbo-hating Woman Gave Me For Hating The Igbo - Igbodefender.com by Freemancipation: 4:55am On Jun 20, 2017
Well said. Some people hate competition and that's why they hate igbos. They prefer igbos remain marginalized so their pitiful life can have a chance to compete. Only those who humble themselves and learn from igbos succeed while those dying in jealousy will remain poor.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Reason One Igbo-hating Woman Gave Me For Hating The Igbo - Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 5:17am On Jun 20, 2017
Freemancipation:
Well said. Some people hate competition and that's why they hate igbos. They prefer igbos remain marginalized so their pitiful life can have a chance to compete. Only those who humble themselves and learn from igbos succeed while those dying in jealousy will remain poor.
People should learn from Igbos not hate them, and they will pick up many useful insights. Very True.

4 Likes

Re: The Reason One Igbo-hating Woman Gave Me For Hating The Igbo - Igbodefender.com by nwamehn: 5:24am On Jun 20, 2017
igbodefender:
You are right, but we should show them that their are mutually beneficial alternatives to hatreds and spiteful ultimatums.

Kind of right but I don't beg people to accept me. If they don't accept u by making hateful speeches and giving u ultimatums in their regions, why don't u gently move back to ur own region where u will be celebrated?
What is even the sense in leaving ur own land to travel to another man's land to start developing it, abandoning ur own land? That's absolute foolishness to me.
U made reference to Shell that do their business here but the higher percentage of their returns go back to their land, that's good example of wisdom being applied.

1 Like

Re: The Reason One Igbo-hating Woman Gave Me For Hating The Igbo - Igbodefender.com by Olachase(m): 5:52am On Jun 20, 2017
So what ya point now? Are you telling me to learn the trash you just wrote here from you na so una day start later una go beg na wa hoo
Freemancipation:

1 Like

Re: The Reason One Igbo-hating Woman Gave Me For Hating The Igbo - Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 5:59am On Jun 20, 2017
nwamehn:

Kind of right but I don't beg people to accept me. If they don't accept u by making hateful speeches and giving u ultimatums in their regions, why don't u gently move back to ur own region where u will be celebrated?
What is even the sense in leaving ur own land to travel to another man's land to start developing it, abandoning ur own land? That's absolute foolishness to me.
U made reference to Shell that do their business here but the higher percentage of their returns go back to their land, that's good example of wisdom being applied.
A good compromise I read somewhere here is this. Let them invest outside Ala Igbo, but 80% of the profit should be repatriated to develop Ala Igbo. What so you think of this?

2 Likes

Re: The Reason One Igbo-hating Woman Gave Me For Hating The Igbo - Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 6:01am On Jun 20, 2017
Olachase:
So what ya point now? Are you telling me to learn the trash you just wrote here from you na so una day start later una go beg na wa hoo
Freemancpation is telling you to be civil and perhaps you will learn something. There is no knowledge that is not power.

9 Likes

Re: The Reason One Igbo-hating Woman Gave Me For Hating The Igbo - Igbodefender.com by feelgoodInc: 6:02am On Jun 20, 2017
I don't bow this topic, it's not proper.
the message is better than the topic so OP edit it.
cc; igbodefender
Re: The Reason One Igbo-hating Woman Gave Me For Hating The Igbo - Igbodefender.com by feelgoodInc: 6:02am On Jun 20, 2017
I don't bow this title, it's not proper.
cc; igbodefender
Re: The Reason One Igbo-hating Woman Gave Me For Hating The Igbo - Igbodefender.com by 0b100100111: 6:16am On Jun 20, 2017
Story Story?

Keep composing your personal story to console yourself!

Why re you turning your planned exit to a debate? Is that not what you want?

I beg park all your investment and go and stop self-appraising yourself as if you count when the chips re down or you have a seat where the movers and shakers re talking.

Goooo in peace abeg! Stop making it a discussion! And stop telling us about your importance!

Re u guys oxygen that one needs to breath?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Reason One Igbo-hating Woman Gave Me For Hating The Igbo - Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 6:17am On Jun 20, 2017
feelgoodInc:
I don't bow this title, it's not proper.
cc; igbodefender
Please give me a good suggestion and I promise I will seriously consider it.
Re: The Reason One Igbo-hating Woman Gave Me For Hating The Igbo - Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 6:20am On Jun 20, 2017
0b100100111:
Story Story?

Keep composing your personal story to console yourself!

Why re you turning your planned exit to a debate? Is that not what you want?

I beg park all your investment and go and stop self-appraising yourself as if you count when the chips re down or you have a seat where the movers and shakers re talking.

Goooo in peace abeg! Stop making it a discussion! And stop telling us about your importance!

Re u guys oxygen that one needs to breath?

You can't fight a tribe that tried to leave, kill 3 million of them and then suddenly tell them to leave. Who does that? The bird that perches on the wire must be prepared to dance with it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reason One Igbo-hating Woman Gave Me For Hating The Igbo - Igbodefender.com by mormonslayer: 6:25am On Jun 20, 2017
igbodefender:
One day I was discussing with a fellow Nigerian (beautiful lady) but her heart was dark to the Igbo, her fellow compatriot. She blurted out to me that she hates Igbos.

Shocked, I asked her why, and she said if there are 5 people in a compound selling things, the moment just one Igbo joins, he will take over the trade and (through his natural business excellence) push all the other non Igbo businesses out of business in a few months. Now, this was no 'chest beating' Nwa Ada Igbo, but a certified anti-Igboist spilling her guts to me in a moment of bizzare truth.

It was only later that I read Amy Chua’s book on Igbos being market dominant group, together with the Jews that I understood that resentment is one of the crosses the Igbo has to bear for being allergic to failure.

Now, what should this woman and others who feel the same way about Igbos have done? They should have understudied the Igbo to learn one or two tricks of the trade from them. I know another Idoma woman who boasted that she studies the Igbos and stays around them as much as possible to learn secrets to business success from them.

Now, that’s a wise woman, and  she must have learned one or two things because to the best of my knowledge, she has been going from level to higher level businesswise. Another wise person is Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State, who sent Ekiti indigenes to come to Ala Igbo to learn how to do business. Of course, some of the business ability is inborn, but these Ekiti students will learn one or two useful things to grow their business.

Ask Malaysia. In the 1960’s they came down to Ala Igbo to buy palm seedlings from Igbos. Today, they are the world’s biggest palm oil producers. That is what happens when you decide to learn from the Igbo, rather than hate them. Look at my favourite Nigerian actress, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, a Yoruba.

She humbled herself with the Igbos really humble woman with a humble character) and became one of the 2 current Nollywood celebrities and a real diva, a real queen. That is what happens when you decide not to be a hater.

The Igbos are flooding your town? You should be happy because that is a vote of confidence from the best investor you can get as an African town. These investors will not suddenly divest tomorrow, and leave your city to fall economically. But they like to leave for their homeland Ala Igbo every Christmas to count scores against their fellow investors who are developing other parts of thw world ( yes, you can find Igbo markets like Alaba in places like South Africa, ask the BBC.

So, it’s a win win for your economy if marginalization and unfair taxes can be dropped. If you tax the Igbo fairly, you can still make enough money to develop your territory while he has more profit to develop your economy. He will not repatriate all the profit to Ala Igbo, (even though he should do more of that). After all, Shell and Chevron repatriate a large bulk of their income to their homeland.

Source: http://www.igbodefender.com/2017/06/20/the-reason-one-igbo-hating-woman-gave-me-for-hating-the-igbo/

Like our wise Fathers would say, if you go to any town in Nigeria and there is no Igboman in that Town, run there is difinately somthing wrong with that Town. Also like my brother Flavour would say, Igbos open towns.

3 Likes

Re: The Reason One Igbo-hating Woman Gave Me For Hating The Igbo - Igbodefender.com by 0b100100111: 6:27am On Jun 20, 2017
igbodefender:
You can't fight a tribe that tried to leave, kill 3 million of them and then suddenly tell them to leave. Who does that? The bird that perches on the wire must be prepared to dance with it.

grin grin grin

Why re y turning tables around?

Didnt Nnamadi Kanu consider that before embarking on hate speeches and same time demanding for independence? I guess not!

Those seeds have started germinating and producing fruits. Independence they want, Independence they must get!

Though I understand you, They still should be given like 6months to mop up and leave if they re not willing to apply for visas and work permits.

3 Likes

Re: The Reason One Igbo-hating Woman Gave Me For Hating The Igbo - Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 6:37am On Jun 20, 2017
mormonslayer:

Like our wise Fathers would say, if you go to any town in Nigeria and there is no Igboman in that Town, run there is difinately somthing wrong with that Town. Also like my brother Flavour would say, Igbos open towns.
Wow, Flavour said that. Good to know.
Re: The Reason One Igbo-hating Woman Gave Me For Hating The Igbo - Igbodefender.com by Iamwrath: 6:53am On Jun 20, 2017
Yeebos are developers

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Evans Developed Magodo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reason One Igbo-hating Woman Gave Me For Hating The Igbo - Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 7:01am On Jun 20, 2017
Iamwrath:
Yeebos are developers

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Evans Developed Magodo
Every ethnic group has such stories.

5 Likes

Re: The Reason One Igbo-hating Woman Gave Me For Hating The Igbo - Igbodefender.com by feelgoodInc: 7:24am On Jun 20, 2017
A woman's reasons for hating igbos
or one woman's reason for hating igbos
cc; igbodefender

1 Like

Re: The Reason One Igbo-hating Woman Gave Me For Hating The Igbo - Igbodefender.com by feelgoodInc: 7:31am On Jun 20, 2017
0b100100111:

grin grin grin

Why re y turning tables around?

Didnt Nnamadi Kanu consider that before embarking on hate speeches and same time demanding for independence? I guess not!

Those seeds have started germinating and producing fruits. Independence they want, Independence they must get!

Though I understand you, They still should be given like 6months to mop up and leave if they re not willing to apply for visas and work permits.
hate speech or not the north wants the igbos out because they SAT AT HOME. let that sink in, now let me tell you something else do you know why there are so many suicide bombers and terrorist?
it's because of sex, YES SEX. some frustrated guy thinks if he kills someone he's going to go and have hot sex in heaven with 70 ladies that's how stupid we are right now.
Nnamdi kanu has not spoken any hate speech since he landed foot in this Nigeria, even after he left prison he was given conditions so it's the AREWA that are in a trap.
don't listen to fake news and bloggers, NK must have said insightful words before but he hasn't said anything since he came to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: The Reason One Igbo-hating Woman Gave Me For Hating The Igbo - Igbodefender.com by bakynes(m): 8:33am On Jun 20, 2017
I for one a Yoruba Man recognize the Business and trade acumen of the Igbos but I don't hate Igbos I only dislike them for their boastful nature.

Igbos are a successful tribe likewise the Yoruba tribe but Yoruba have adopted humility.

The boastful nature is why I think Igbos are been disliked.

From Ghana to SA to Kenya they can't all dislike you because of success.

Success has many friends and few enemies. It is the boastful nature of igbos not the success.

1 Like

Re: The Reason One Igbo-hating Woman Gave Me For Hating The Igbo - Igbodefender.com by nwamehn: 10:50am On Jun 20, 2017
igbodefender:
A good compromise I read somewhere here is this. Let them invest outside Ala Igbo, but 80% of the profit should be repatriated to develop Ala Igbo. What so you think of this?

That would be fantastic. I wish it had been like that since.
Re: The Reason One Igbo-hating Woman Gave Me For Hating The Igbo - Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 20, 2017
Igbos are successful, simply because God is igbo. No apology! Haters can go and drink five spoonful of ota-piapia. It will make them successful in their graves.

(1) (Reply)

Biafra And Ipob : Igbos Pls Come In Here For Your Own Good / Little Rain, High Flood At Italapo, Ijebu Ode, Ogun State / Anambra Election: Nnamdi Kanu Should Just Resign And Become A Godfather

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.