Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Change Of Job Advise From Experienced Lagos Based Workers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Change Of Job Advise From Experienced Lagos Based Workers (669 Views)

I Finally Got A Job Through A Nairalander After Months Of Job Hunting. / Lecturer Job VS 370k Job Advise Needed / Be Honest Would You Accept This Kind Of Job As Graduate(see Salary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change Of Job Advise From Experienced Lagos Based Workers by Dammyllionaire(m): 4:50am On Jun 20, 2017
Pls house, I need your advice on this.

Is it advisable to leave a teaching job of #30000 very close to my house at Abule egba for a job of #60000 at Bariga where I will work for 2 shifts and the 2nd shift my last till 9pm?
Re: Change Of Job Advise From Experienced Lagos Based Workers by bigtt76(f): 5:31am On Jun 20, 2017
Do you still live with your parents? What's your commuting expense like? Only these can determine the response you will get.
Re: Change Of Job Advise From Experienced Lagos Based Workers by Dammyllionaire(m): 7:24am On Jun 20, 2017
bigtt76:
Do you still live with your parents? What's your commuting expense like? Only these can determine the response you will get.

I live on my own
Re: Change Of Job Advise From Experienced Lagos Based Workers by bigtt76(f): 7:39am On Jun 20, 2017
So that means you have to pay rent, buy foodstuffs, entertain and transport yourself all from 30k or 60k.

Do your monthly expense and deduct from either of the two salary options and see if the remainder would be sufficient for you save at the end of the month.

Note that you may earn less but still have much more to save (as it would seem working close to your home) while on the other hand, you may earn more and have less or nothing to save (assuming thats the case working at Bariga).

Safety is also paramount - I don't too know Abule Egba area or the Bariga area but closing late at Bariga may not be safe for you compared to Abule Egba where you live.

All the best with your choice.

Dammyllionaire:

I live on my own
Re: Change Of Job Advise From Experienced Lagos Based Workers by sabichele: 7:41am On Jun 20, 2017
Accept the new offer, get more or new experience; if need be relocate to a place closer to your new offer's. There is room for improvement in career too.

I live in Agege but I had worked in Lekki - you can imagine the distance. I went for the money and the experience. I smiled to the bank and my cv got more feathers. And now I have got another offer here in mainland courtesy of my experiences in different firms.

1 Like

Re: Change Of Job Advise From Experienced Lagos Based Workers by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 20, 2017
Dammyllionaire:

Is it advisable to leave a teaching job of #30000 very close to my house at Abule egba for a job of #60000 at Bariga where I will work for 2 shifts and the 2nd shift my last till 9pm?

Look beyond the money first.

What are the prospects for career growth in each of the options?

Where can you build a network that will help you grow?

Bigger pay-packets can be deceptive. The truth is: more money will NOT cover for bad money habits.

If you can mismanage N30k, you will only mismanage N60k...in grand style.

Focus on the network you'll build. So you don't end up a Senior Labourer trapped in a job you hate.

Cheers
Re: Change Of Job Advise From Experienced Lagos Based Workers by EYIBLESSN(m): 10:22am On Jun 20, 2017
Dammyllionaire:

Please help ME with one after you might have settled yourself with one. I live in Agege. If you also get job you can call ME on.

(1) (Reply)

Secretary And Receptionist Needed In Apapa Wolf Area / Vacancy In A Pest Control Company / Apply For The Graduate Project Officer At The British High Commission (BHC) 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.