Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,252 members, 7,836,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Soul Food Daily - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Soul Food Daily (321 Views)

Most Christians Do Not Understand What The Word "SOUL" Means??? / I Saved A Wonderful Soul From Commiting Suicide Last Night / Soul As Entity - The Billyonaire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soul Food Daily by kluklu: 8:15am On Jun 20, 2017
I, like so many other people, have devotions.
I believe that Jesus Christ is The Son Of God also.

The purpose of this thread is to share uplifting points with you that inspires me during my daily reading/studying.

You are going to be blessed by them, I know smiley

Thank you.

*I use the "biblestudytools dotcom" website and the bullets below are mostly drawn from there except otherwise stated. smiley
Re: Soul Food Daily by kluklu: 8:16am On Jun 20, 2017
God somehow factors human messiness into his best equations.
Re: Soul Food Daily by kluklu: 8:17am On Jun 20, 2017
While God sees the outcome of our story,
We only see the obvious implications for the moment.

1 Like

Re: Soul Food Daily by kluklu: 8:21am On Jun 20, 2017
The beauty of God's plan is often apparent only in retrospect, but it's always there.

1 Like

Re: Soul Food Daily by kluklu: 8:23am On Jun 20, 2017
It is possible to choose whether one will vigorously fight the battle that wages against the flesh or not.

1 Like

Re: Soul Food Daily by kluklu: 8:28am On Jun 20, 2017
Peace is not available in deception.

1 Like

Re: Soul Food Daily by kluklu: 8:32am On Jun 20, 2017
David, after he had Uriah`s wife.

Note the process:

King David’s assessment:“do not let this thing be evil in your sight” 2 Samuel 11:25
The Lord’s assessment: “the thing that David had done was evil” 2 Samuel 11:27
King David’s repentance: “I have sinned and done what is evil in your eyes” Psalms 51:3-4

The primary turning point for sinful humanity is to see with our eyes what the Lord sees with His eyes.

1 Like

Re: Soul Food Daily by kluklu: 8:33am On Jun 20, 2017
We need to see our lives as God sees them.

1 Like

Re: Soul Food Daily by kluklu: 7:39am On Jun 22, 2017
Christians who truly get the gospel discover its power again and again on a daily basis.
They get it in all three areas of text, context, and subtext because the gospel changes everything.
Re: Soul Food Daily by kluklu: 7:42am On Jun 22, 2017
The gospel is the message, the text above all texts.
Re: Soul Food Daily by kluklu: 7:43am On Jun 22, 2017
Truly getting the gospel means we understand that the gospel is supreme.
Re: Soul Food Daily by kluklu: 7:44am On Jun 22, 2017
We humbly submit to the authority of God’s Word.
Re: Soul Food Daily by kluklu: 7:49am On Jun 22, 2017
Those who love the gospel will not only find it a message to contend for, but also a message to live by.
Re: Soul Food Daily by kluklu: 7:54am On Jun 22, 2017
The gospel is so gripping.

When you get it, it won’t let you believe in an artificial, photoshopped version of you.
Re: Soul Food Daily by kluklu: 8:21am On Feb 06, 2018
Conventional wisdom says doing absolutely nothing should be easy for us; but surprisingly for most of us it isn`t!
Re: Soul Food Daily by kluklu: 8:22am On Feb 06, 2018
Worrying turns my focus on me.
Re: Soul Food Daily by kluklu: 8:23am On Feb 06, 2018
The root cause of worry is not misplaced priorities. It's misplaced faith. It's a failure to grasp the gospel of a God worthy of our trust.
Re: Soul Food Daily by kluklu: 8:24am On Feb 06, 2018
Worry shows up whenever my view of God is diminished and my view of myself gets too big
Re: Soul Food Daily by kluklu: 8:24am On Feb 06, 2018
I worry because my vision of God is skewed. I rest when my vision is fixed on God.
Re: Soul Food Daily by kluklu: 8:25am On Feb 06, 2018
Our worth is not measured in what we do for God, but what God has done for us.
This is God the Father who sent his only Son to the cross that we deserved.
This is God the Son who willingly took on flesh, lived among us, and died in our place.
This is God the Spirit who prompts our hearts and brings us back into unending fellowship with our Maker.
It is the costly actions of God that give us our value.
Re: Soul Food Daily by kluklu: 8:30am On Feb 06, 2018
The uneasiness of worry surfaces in our hearts when we lose sight of the gospel of God's grace to the undeserving. Failure to grasp the gospel is what causes us to take our eyes off the kingdom and forget who we are in Christ.
Re: Soul Food Daily by kluklu: 8:30am On Feb 06, 2018
Thou art coming to a King,
large petitions with thee bring,
For his grace and power are such,
None can ever ask too much.
- John Newton

(1) (Reply)

Born Into Captivity? / How To Prepare For Rapture.. / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(wed. 18/07/2017) A New Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.