Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Herdsmen Return To Falae’s Farm, Engage Police In Gun Battle - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Return To Falae’s Farm, Engage Police In Gun Battle (823 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Hails Northern Elders’ Forum For Call On Herdsmen’s Return / Fulani Herdsmen Set Olu Falae's Farm On Fire In Ondo. FFK Reacts / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Olu Falae’s Farm Again, Destroy Multi-million Naira Crops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen Return To Falae’s Farm, Engage Police In Gun Battle by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 8:33am On Jun 20, 2017
Armed herdsmen have again struck at the farm of former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Olu Falae, in Akure, Ondo State, engaging police officers in a gun battle in the process.
Mr. Falae said he had been witnessing herdsmen grazing on his farm repeatedly in the past three weeks and decided to seek the help of the police.
It was learnt that when the 15 police officers found them grazing on Thursday and tried to approach them, the herdsmen opened fire.
The herdsmen, said to be 10 in number, immediately left the farm located at Kajola, along Igbatoro Road, after the shootout.
PREMIUM TIMES gathered that several cows were killed in the encounter as the herdsmen fled at the superior fire power of the police officers.
The Ondo police spokesperson, Femi Joseph, who confirmed the incident, said no life was lost in the encounter.
Mr. Falae was kidnapped in September 2015 by Fulani herdsmen and was only let go after four days and the payment of a N5million ransom.
“I invited the police to my farm because the herdsmen have been coming to the farm every day for several weeks and they are no longer hiding,” the Afenifere chieftain said, while speaking on the incident on Thursday.
“They come into the farm around 5 a.m. till 9 a.m., destroyed the farm, so I went to the police for protection and some policemen were sent to the farm.
“They got to the farm and met three separate herds feeding fat on my farm. When the police approached them, they fired at the policemen.”
Mr. Joseph, however, said the policemen succeeded in flushing out the herdsmen from the farm.
He said no arrest was made, but the command had set up a high-powered investigation into the matter.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/234548-herdsmen-return-falaes-farm-engage-police-gun-battle.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Herdsmen Return To Falae’s Farm, Engage Police In Gun Battle by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 8:33am On Jun 20, 2017
Sarrki, how can lie Muhammad and his useless master tell us these herdsmen are from Niger, Libya and chad but are roaming freely destroying our land and the government ain't doing anything..... This is madness, and everyday I keep losing faith on this failed state as even the government can't protect citizens from the supposed foreigners ... Does that mean these foreigners are more Nigerian than I am, we need to tell ourselves the truth, Nigeria can't work..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Return To Falae’s Farm, Engage Police In Gun Battle by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:35am On Jun 20, 2017
Again? This is getting outta hands.
Re: Herdsmen Return To Falae’s Farm, Engage Police In Gun Battle by pat077: 8:39am On Jun 20, 2017
Operation kill all herdsmen on sight....
Re: Herdsmen Return To Falae’s Farm, Engage Police In Gun Battle by nullboss: 8:40am On Jun 20, 2017

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Return To Falae’s Farm, Engage Police In Gun Battle by Limitednow: 8:43am On Jun 20, 2017
Shame on the police, you couldn't kill someone with arms like you, but you are very sharp to kill frustrated armless agitators.

The police sure needs restructuring.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Return To Falae’s Farm, Engage Police In Gun Battle by marooh: 8:44am On Jun 20, 2017
Onye Nna ya no eligwe
He that his father in London(pmb)

Armed herdsmen have again struck at the farm of former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Olu Falae, in Akure, Ondo State, engaging police officers in a gun battle in the process.

Thank God the Op said sec.of govt.
Na them!
When two elephant fights embarassed
Re: Herdsmen Return To Falae’s Farm, Engage Police In Gun Battle by Kdon2: 8:48am On Jun 20, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
Mr. Falae said he had been witnessing herdsmen grazing on his farm repeatedly in the past three weeks and decided to seek the help of the police.
It was learnt that when the 15 police officers found them grazing on Thursday and tried to approach them, the herdsmen opened fire.
The herdsmen, said to be 10 in number, immediately left the farm located at Kajola, along Igbatoro Road, after the shootout.
PREMIUM TIMES gathered that several cows were killed in the encounter as the herdsmen fled at the superior fire power of the police officers.
The Ondo police spokesperson, Femi Joseph, who confirmed the incident, said no life was lost in the encounter.
Mr. Falae was kidnapped in September 2015 by Fulani herdsmen and was only let go after four days and the payment of a N5million ransom.
“I invited the police to my farm because the herdsmen have been coming to the farm every day for several weeks and they are no longer hiding,” the Afenifere chieftain said, while speaking on the incident on Thursday.
“They come into the farm around 5 a.m. till 9 a.m., destroyed the farm, so I went to the police for protection and some policemen were sent to the farm.
“They got to the farm and met three separate herds feeding fat on my farm. When the police approached them, they fired at the policemen.”
Mr. Joseph, however, said the policemen succeeded in flushing out the herdsmen from the farm.
He said no arrest was made, but the command had set up a high-powered investigation into the matter.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/234548-herdsmen-return-falaes-farm-engage-police-gun-battle.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Cc: lalasticlala mynd44

someone will come and say nigeria must remain one when an ethnic group remain above the law of the land,where cow's life has right over human life. Shame!
Re: Herdsmen Return To Falae’s Farm, Engage Police In Gun Battle by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 8:51am On Jun 20, 2017
Kdon2:

someone will come and say nigeria must remain one when an ethnic group remain above the law of the land,where cow's life has right over human life. Shame!
Omenka and co won't comment cause the have sold out their conscience for nothing....

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Return To Falae’s Farm, Engage Police In Gun Battle by rainylad(f): 8:52am On Jun 20, 2017
..Ehya!!..one Nigeria dole lipsrsealed
Re: Herdsmen Return To Falae’s Farm, Engage Police In Gun Battle by luvinhubby(m): 8:53am On Jun 20, 2017
This is seriously getting out of hand.

Herdsmen that are engaging policemen in shootouts are no more ordinary herdsmen, they are recruited terrorists going around spreading terror and fear against the people for the selfish interest of their principals.

Nigeria is in the hands of dogs, God please save Your people.
Re: Herdsmen Return To Falae’s Farm, Engage Police In Gun Battle by NwaNimo1(m): 8:55am On Jun 20, 2017
These herdsmen get balls......
Re: Herdsmen Return To Falae’s Farm, Engage Police In Gun Battle by AustineE1: 9:05am On Jun 20, 2017
This contrapment called Nigeria,is stinking seriously every passing day since PMB became the president!....i go sidon dey look!
Who am i to speak for the south-west,i was told a story of 'slaves who love there chains'!
Re: Herdsmen Return To Falae’s Farm, Engage Police In Gun Battle by DieBuhari: 9:19am On Jun 20, 2017
Yoruba Muslims will call this respected elder of theirs a liar all in a bid to defend their Fulani masters.
Re: Herdsmen Return To Falae’s Farm, Engage Police In Gun Battle by dollytino4real(f): 10:41am On Jun 20, 2017
it is well, herds men engaging police!
Re: Herdsmen Return To Falae’s Farm, Engage Police In Gun Battle by ZorGBUooeh: 10:58am On Jun 20, 2017
Where are my afonja warriors?where are those loud mouth empty barrels?Ur crossed eye elder stateman needs ur epp. cheesy
Re: Herdsmen Return To Falae’s Farm, Engage Police In Gun Battle by surgical: 11:07am On Jun 20, 2017
ZorGBUooeh:
Where are my afonja warriors?where are those loud mouth empty barrels?Ur crossed eye elder stateman needs ur epp. cheesy
They are only answerable to their lord in bourdillon, a muslim brother like them with a deep pocket. All for a mesh of portage
Re: Herdsmen Return To Falae’s Farm, Engage Police In Gun Battle by tdbankplc: 11:33am On Jun 20, 2017
The arewa youth won't have pen to write the presidency now.
Re: Herdsmen Return To Falae’s Farm, Engage Police In Gun Battle by kenny987(f): 12:34pm On Jun 20, 2017
Limitednow:
Shame on the police, you couldn't kill someone with arms like you, but you are very sharp to kill frustrated armless agitators.

The police sure needs restructuring.

Please, the agitators have arms(hands), they are just unarmed(without weapons) not 'armless'(deformed or amputated).

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING | Makarfi Sacks Segun Adewale As PDP Lagos Chairman / Let’s Use Biafra To Get Our Rights – Ohaneze / The Truth About 1 October Quit Notice/genocide By Arewa Youths (facts)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.