Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

About The Removal Of CRS - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / About The Removal Of CRS (776 Views)

Bishop David Oyedepo Warns Federal Government Over Removal Of CRS / President Yemi Osibanjo & Education Minister Sued Over Removal Of CRS From Schoo / About The Removal Of CRS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About The Removal Of CRS by courseadivsor: 8:52am On Jun 20, 2017
Attention!!!

About the new CRS removal for our Education Curriculum.

Please visit http://www.nerdc.org.ng/ecurriculum/CurriculumStructure.aspx

Now listen
------------------------------------

The Fed. Ministry of Education did not remove CRS from school curriculum. They only merged CRS and IRS with other subjects under Religious and National Values (RNV) and they (CRS and IRS) are to be taught separately in separate classes.

In my opinion, I think the Ministry of Education and NERDC should have done more to sensitize the public regarding these merging so as to drowse rising tension. Besides, Christianity based schools can still teach or talk about their faith.

If I were CAN and want to push a case, I would rather talk about the advantages Muslim students would have over their Christian counterpart now that they have this option. 'Cos the truth is 99% of Christian students will not go for Arabic while majority of their Muslim counterparts will opt for it.

More importantly we need to know that Arabic is not Islam but a language just as English and French. It is high time we started to encourage our students to take other languages apart from English.

---hear what a fellow Educator had to say on this development ---

I am a Christian, I attended Ansar Ud Deen College in Isolo, Lagos when it was still controlled by the government. I remembered when it was proposed that everyone should take Arabic language in school , majority of our Christian parents went against it because to them it means trying to islamise the Christian children. But I tell you, today that one of the wrong decisions I made is rejecting to learn that language. This is due to the fact that there are opportunities I would have gotten outside the country and to understand Arabic is required.

So sentiments apart, the world is becoming more global every day, the more languages you know how to speak and write the better for you. Let's be wise

.......... a word is enough...

Re: About The Removal Of CRS by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 20, 2017
Be deceiving yourself there. Can you learn Yoruba language without learning Yoruba culture and Yoruba religion. You may say yes, but it is not true. Arabic is part and parcel of Islam or at least we see it that way so you can shove ur Arabic down your throat. Secondly, they either allow irs and crs be studied independently or expunge both from the curriculum.

1 Like

Re: About The Removal Of CRS by Nomswilli(m): 12:37pm On Jun 20, 2017
Statsocial:
Be deceiving yourself there. Can you learn Yoruba language without learning Yoruba culture and Yoruba religion. You may say yes, but it is not true. Arabic is part and parcel of Islam or at least we see it that way so you can shove ur Arabic down your throat. Secondly, they either allow irs and crs be studied independently or expunge both from the curriculum.
that's the point .....u said my mind

1 Like

Re: About The Removal Of CRS by prjdev: 7:05pm On Jun 20, 2017
Statsocial:

hope you know there are Christian and Jewish communities in arabic countries?

Also when you are taught yoruba in school are u also taught Ifa?

1 Like

Re: About The Removal Of CRS by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 20, 2017
prjdev:

hope you know there are Christian and Jewish communities in arabic countries?

Also when you are taught yoruba in school are u also taught Ifa?

Of course Ifa is thought even Esu and Witchcraft is thought. Some Yoruba teachers skip that part of the curriculum but it is there.
The point still remains that Arabic is of no relevance to us. Who would blame Christians for being suspicious when we grew up to see a language we do not understand boldly inscribed on our notes.
Re: About The Removal Of CRS by prjdev: 8:43pm On Jun 20, 2017
Statsocial:

Of course Ifa is thought even Esu and Witchcraft is thought. Some Yoruba teachers skip that part of the curriculum but it is there.
The point still remains that Arabic is of no relevance to us. Who would blame Christians for being suspicious when we grew up to see a language we do not understand boldly inscribed on our notes.

When you understand the difference between "Taught" and "Thought" i will take your opinion serious
Re: About The Removal Of CRS by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 20, 2017
prjdev:

When you understand the difference between "Taught" and "Thought" i will take your opinion serious
Oh yeah well, not intentional though. But i think it's more worrying that you think that a blunder invalidates my point. Bet you wouldn't come at me if i blundered using an indigenous language. Intellectual slavery

(1) (Reply)

WAEC Releases SSCE Results, Withholds That Of 214, 952 Candidates / Futa Or Ui / Covenant University Students Exhibit Surveillance/SpyRobot(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.