Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,420 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

18 Things You Don't Want To Know About Your Body. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 18 Things You Don't Want To Know About Your Body. (517 Views)

Help: My Family Wants Me To Study Law But I Don't Want To / Six Parts Of Your Body You Probably Don't Know Their Names / I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

18 Things You Don't Want To Know About Your Body. by silentEXPLOSION: 9:04am On Jun 20, 2017
1. Kidney Transplants

When you undergo a kidney transplant, they don't usually take the bad kidney out of your body. So practically, you'd end up with 3 kidneys.

1 Share

Re: 18 Things You Don't Want To Know About Your Body. by silentEXPLOSION: 9:08am On Jun 20, 2017
2. Internal Decapitation

Also known as orthopedic decapitation, this is when your skull separates from your spine (but everything else remains intact).

It can be caused by any small movement causing impact. This is immediately fatal in about 70% of cases.

Re: 18 Things You Don't Want To Know About Your Body. by silentEXPLOSION: 9:10am On Jun 20, 2017
3. Aneurysm

It can kill you completely unexpectedly and within seconds. Even if you are young and healthy.

It has no symptoms and occurs unnoticed. In rare cases, the brain aneurysm ruptures releasing blood into the skull and causing a stroke.

Re: 18 Things You Don't Want To Know About Your Body. by silentEXPLOSION: 9:12am On Jun 20, 2017
4. Danger triangle of the face

Due to the special nature of the blood supply to the human nose and surrounding area, it is possible for retrograde infections from the nasal area to spread to the brain.

Translation: popping a zit(pimple) on your nose can kill you, at least theoretically

Re: 18 Things You Don't Want To Know About Your Body. by silentEXPLOSION: 9:14am On Jun 20, 2017
5. Prions

You may or may not have a protein in your brain that is bent the wrong way.

If you do, one day it will convince the other proteins to bend that way, and you will die (after going crazy).

Re: 18 Things You Don't Want To Know About Your Body. by silentEXPLOSION: 9:15am On Jun 20, 2017
6. Commotio Cordis

This happens when your chest gets hit in just the right area at just the right moment, and causes you to go into cardiac arrest (it disrupts your heart rythm). So yes, you can die by getting hit in the chest.

Note: this usually occurs in young healthy males who play sports.

Re: 18 Things You Don't Want To Know About Your Body. by silentEXPLOSION: 9:16am On Jun 20, 2017
7. Coffin Birth

This happens when the gases built up inside a dead pregnant mother push the fetus out (it is also dead).

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Wants To Frustrate Us. / First Class Foundation Unilag Aspirants Group, Open To Join / How To Check NABTEB 2017 With Your Phone Via SMS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.