Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,857 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Every Windows Developer Needs Scoop: A Command-line Installer For Windows - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Every Windows Developer Needs Scoop: A Command-line Installer For Windows (1435 Views)

How Important Is Learning About The Command Line!? / Command Line Application, API And HTTP Client Library / Please Help Fix My Command Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Every Windows Developer Needs Scoop: A Command-line Installer For Windows by kudaisi(m): 12:42pm On Jun 20, 2017
This is me sharing, Scoop is a tool I install on every windows computer I work on. Yes, it's a command line installer like chocolatey but with a difference. Scoop was not created to install apps like itunes and all other software you can find on the windows platform. Rather, it focuses on the installation of the tools that developers require to get their projects up and running.

Here are some of the benefits:
- It does not require admin access to install, so no UACs(User Access Control).
- It doesn't require adding anything to your system variables..scoop handles all that for you.
- Installing a tool is a as easy as
scoop install git
or
scoop install curl

- Installing coreutils from scoop enables to be run my fav unix commands (ls, mv, touch , cat....) on my windows without installing cynwin or MinGW.
- I've discovered more tools since I started using scoop, one of them being
scriptcs
(enables you run interpreted C# codes without all the OOP ishes)
- You only need Power Shell to install scoop.
- you can add your own packages to the scoop bucket with a pull request.

get scoop now http://scoop.sh/

Here are some apps from the scoop main bucket (Note than an extra bucket also exists)
-7zip
-ant
-maven
-gradle
-git
-aria2
-axel
-busybox
-bzip2
-cmake
-composer
-coreutils (most install for unix users)
-csvtosqk
-devd
-diff
-docker-compose
-docker-machine
-docker
-file
-erlang
-ffmpeg
-gcc
-gawk
-go
-kotlin
-julia
-kvm
-haskell
-llvm
-mongodb
-mysql
-mysql-workbench
-nano
-vim
-nasm
-mysys
-netcat
-nodejs
-nuget
-openssl
-openssh
-nmap
-php
-apache2

.....I'm tired, the list goes on, check the main bucket here https://github.com/lukesampson/scoop/tree/master/bucket and the extras here https://github.com/lukesampson/scoop-extras

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A Successful Web Developer In Nigeria / Download AOL Desktop Gold For Windows 10 (april 2020) / Which Lucrative Digital Skill Would You Recommend??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.