Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why (3806 Views)

Saraki Speaks On CRK, IRK Curriculum Controversy / House Of Representatives Returns CRK As Independent Subject / Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by Victorjohnbenso: 4:20pm On Jun 20, 2017
how de u support that CRK should be remove curriculum dose it mean that those that included CRK IN Curriculum didnt know what they were doing , Bible said that thu should not shift the land mark of old days remember u founder of Christianity
Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by timecapsule: 4:22pm On Jun 20, 2017
OP, JW is not under Christianity, they are a religion of its own.
There is an agenda for them to remove it,
what did they replace it with?
Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 20, 2017
And who Is this Judas/sell out Maybe ur own Christianity is confused but certainly not mine. See the foolish argument you laid down as If CRS was just started yesterday. CRS as never been doctrinal and would never be and neither has any group ever complained about it and by the way all those Churches you mentioned do worship under the same CAN platform. You mean a religion as sophisticated as Christianity with thousands of Universities(with more universities than any govt in this world) and tens of thousands of secondary schools can not craft a single Christian educational curriculum.Sometimes I wonder the sort of abnormal christians we have in this country who would always seek to undermine the rest.

1 Like

Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by newbornmacho(m): 4:28pm On Jun 20, 2017
So The Christian is only taught his religion in a half baked mixture with civics and whatever, while Islam is additionally taught in Arabic studies which to all practical intents and purposes is Islamic religious knowledge.
Also people get the added advantage that they can get jobs twice as often as Christians since Arabic would be a separate employable course work , added to IRK. Then the multiplier effect from employment opportunities positive feedback could forcefully mainstream Arabic/irk. This is a tactical Islamic evangelistic push that will further marginalize the northern Christian minorities, and push Nigeria closer to Muslim majority status.
Wicked!!! These Muslims and their plans.

1 Like

Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by Ugboamaka: 4:30pm On Jun 20, 2017
Islam is not one, ask them they will tell you, they are more than five groups. if you don't know
Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 20, 2017
TippyTop:
How can you use the argument of different denomination in Christianity to validate this policy?

Why not remove Islam from the curriculum because they're teaching Wahabi/Sunni curriculum and not Shia curriculum?

This is like saying we should all be Muslims to stop church proliferation.

If you're actually a Christian as you said then you're an educated foool.

This is just the beginning, how do we know the part of Christianity they'd attack next?

I will continue to reiterate it to my SS brothers. When the Igbos leave, the rest of Nigeria would be full blown Islamic caliphate.
You are right. Majority of Christians in Nigeria are simply naive if the Igbos ever leave I would be relocating from this joke they call a nation because it would only get worse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 20, 2017
Bahddo:
You have a point, but it's an invalid one unless Islamic Religious Studies have also been removed. Same with Arabic language whose only value in Nigeria is to read the Quran. If you remove one religious stuff and leave the other, then you have an agenda.

Religion shouldn't be taught in school at all. Leave those to the churches, and mosques and whatever, and focus on teaching things that would improve Nigeria. Religion has failed Nigeria.

That said, I don't know about the other churches you mentioned, but I know that Jehovah's witnesses believe in Heaven but not Hellfire, they just don't believe everyone goes to heaven. I have some as friends, and I wonder where you got your info.
Islam failed Nigeria not religion and certainly not Christianity. Christianity brought civilization, education and enlightenment. In the process it eradicated many vile religions/idol worship/occult groups. Christianity stopped the killing of twins, sacrifice of humans and ridiculous cultural practice. So please whatever argument you want to make pls exclude Christianity from it.

1 Like

Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by Tejiriseth(m): 5:46pm On Jun 20, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]
Since when did a subject In school start Misleading students.!
We have been Learning about Stuff In CRK for Years and It hasnt affected what we do when we Go To church.!

1 Like

Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by skimmy005: 6:23pm On Jun 20, 2017
lofty900:
It has nothing to do with islamisation of Nigeria

I know what comes to your mind immediately you see this topic is that "the Op is a Muslim", but I'm a Christian and I want to explain why it's good for the Christian religious knowledge (CRK) be removed from the secondary school curriculum.
In Christianity we are too divided especially here in Nigeria, we use the same Holy Bible yet we interprete it differently. Too many different doctrines are flying around in our Christianity, Churches don't agree with the teachings of other churches and how do you expect the children to be taught CRK by teachers who belong to those churches? Doesn't make sense to me!

For example

Jehovahs' witness will tell you there's no Heaven or Hell fire, assemblies of God church or deeperlife will tell you there's All righteous people go to heaven while sinners will burn in hell forever. Now what will happen to the deeperlife children who's been taught CRK by a jehovahs witness in school? The child will become confused because he'll hear a different thing in church and hear a different thing in school and he must study what the teacher taught him in school or fail his exams!!

Catholics believe in praying through Holy Mary while pentecostals believe Mary has no influence, just pray through Jesus directly. Some believe wearing earings or female wearing trousers is sinful while others believe God only looks at the heart. I can go on and on but low battery will not permit me thanks to PHCN grin those days in school, I once taught extra mural lessons to children of a very wealthy couple and the woman asked me which church do I worship, I said Christ embassy, guess what? The woman said I should stop teaching the children CRK but I'm free to teach them all other subjects grin I just smiled. I told myself, if she's able to stop extramural teacher from teaching CRK, can she equally stop the school teacher who belongs to either white garment church or so from teaching CRK? Afterall she can't tell the school management to employ from a particular church cheesy

CONCLUSION

I'm saying all these because as some parents are angry that CRK was removed from the secondary school curriculum, other parents who doesn't want their children indoctrinated are very happy and excited that CRK was removed from the curriculum so their children can study bible only from their churches. I won't even be surprised if it's our fellow christians in government who actually pushed for CRK to be removed from curriculum afterall Nigeria has had more Muslim leaders than Christian leaders, why now are we removing it from the curriculum? Our president ruled in the military era when he had absolute power, why didn't he do it then? Some clergymen have turned it and twisted it to mean an Islamisation agenda going on but I can tell you nothing of that nature is going on. Let us rather urge our government to bring development rather than focus on religious squabbles.
God bless Nigeria

Source. Myself

Seun lalasticlala mynd44
u are a bastardd senseless fooll cowardd, baboon
Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by Yeligray(m): 6:33pm On Jun 20, 2017
You are very very stewpid for posting this scrap
Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by sinkhole: 6:50pm On Jun 20, 2017
Maybe it is because OP is not an educationist!
CRK has its scheme and content to be taught by whoever is teaching it, you do not teach your own idea as such but you teach according to the content that is given to you.
If you have basic knowledge od education and basic knowledge about the Bible then you can teach CRK, whether you are a Christian, Muslim or a pagan does noot really matter.

1 Like

Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by vital123: 7:26pm On Jun 20, 2017
lofty900:

I know what comes to your mind immediately you see this topic is that "the Op is a Muslim", but I'm a Christian and I want to explain why it's good for the Christian religious knowledge (CRK) be removed from the secondary school curriculum.
In Christianity we are too divided especially here in Nigeria, we use the same Holy Bible yet we interprete it differently. Too many different doctrines are flying around in our Christianity, Churches don't agree with the teachings of other churches and how do you expect the children to be taught CRK by teachers who belong to those churches? Doesn't make sense to me!

For example

Jehovahs' witness will tell you there's no Heaven or Hell fire, assemblies of God church or deeperlife will tell you there's All righteous people go to heaven while sinners will burn in hell forever. Now what will happen to the deeperlife children who's been taught CRK by a jehovahs witness in school? The child will become confused because he'll hear a different thing in church and hear a different thing in school and he must study what the teacher taught him in school or fail his exams!!

Catholics believe in praying through Holy Mary while pentecostals believe Mary has no influence, just pray through Jesus directly. Some believe wearing earings or female wearing trousers is sinful while others believe God only looks at the heart. I can go on and on but low battery will not permit me thanks to PHCN grin those days in school, I once taught extra mural lessons to children of a very wealthy couple and the woman asked me which church do I worship, I said Christ embassy, guess what? The woman said I should stop teaching the children CRK but I'm free to teach them all other subjects grin I just smiled. I told myself, if she's able to stop extramural teacher from teaching CRK, can she equally stop the school teacher who belongs to either white garment church or so from teaching CRK? Afterall she can't tell the school management to employ from a particular church cheesy

CONCLUSION

I'm saying all these because as some parents are angry that CRK was removed from the secondary school curriculum, other parents who doesn't want their children indoctrinated are very happy and excited that CRK was removed from the curriculum so their children can study bible only from their churches. I won't even be surprised if it's our fellow christians in government who actually pushed for CRK to be removed from curriculum afterall Nigeria has had more Muslim leaders than Christian leaders, why now are we removing it from the curriculum? Our president ruled in the military era when he had absolute power, why didn't he do it then? Some clergymen have turned it and twisted it to mean an Islamisation agenda going on but I can tell you nothing of that nature is going on. Let us rather urge our government to bring development rather than focus on religious squabbles.
God bless Nigeria

Source. Myself

Seun lalasticlala mynd44
CRK is not church doctrine. There is a syllabus with topics expected to be taught and not just the teacher teaching what he wants or believes. There are also different groups in Islam with different doctrines.
Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by judgedredd22(m): 7:53pm On Jun 20, 2017
lofty900:

For example

CONCLUSION

God bless Nigeria

Source. Myself

Seun lalasticlala mynd44

Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by Dfinex(f): 8:47pm On Jun 20, 2017
theSpark:
You probably didn't do CRK in school. The CRK curriculum is designed to be very neutral as regards doctrinal differences.

U are correct and the standard version of Bible it uses is the original King James version. ..
Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by wildernessVoice: 9:26pm On Jun 20, 2017
Who make the author of this thread a judge over God's heritage. There are many sects in Islam also. Infact there are more division, disagreement, war in Islam than Christianity.
Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by Toosure70: 10:27pm On Jun 20, 2017
Another faulty brain.
Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by princefunmmy(m): 11:22pm On Jun 20, 2017
chymes0359:

OP your point holds no water..
WTF are you talking..
CRK has it's text books and it's teaching followes thus..

You want to tell me that ISLAM is one?

Nansanse!

I agree with you.. CRK has it curriculum and Textbook, in fact RSV is the approved bible version. So how can a teacher teach what is outside the curriculum or textbook?...
CRK must remain!!
No to Islamization agenda

1 Like

Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by MistadeRegal(m): 11:23pm On Jun 20, 2017
lofty900:

For example

CONCLUSION

God bless Nigeria

Source. Myself

Seun lalasticlala mynd44

I did not read your post to the end but I already picked what to counter.
If there is any child who has a sound Christian doctrine from home or church, no matter what any false teacher might say, it will never, I repeat it will never make such child confused.

I on my own do not believe in the doctrines of JWs because they have no knowledge of the contents of the Bible. They always misinterprete it due to their low level spiritual understanding of the Bible.

So, return CRK back to the curriculum and employ teachers who are good in the word of GOD.
Don't give me that lame excuse.
Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by Bahddo(m): 9:31am On Jun 21, 2017
Statsocial:

Islam failed Nigeria not religion and certainly not Christianity. Christianity brought civilization, education and enlightenment. In the process it eradicated many vile religions/idol worship/occult groups. Christianity stopped the killing of twins, sacrifice of humans and ridiculous cultural practice. So please whatever argument you want to make pls exclude Christianity from it.
Christianity simply replaced the ills of the African Traditional Religion with its own. While it has its merits, the ills are just as remarkable, maybe even more so.

Instead of native doctors holding sway, it's pastors. Sleeping with their members wives, telling all sort of lies to make people give them a 10th of their earnings and sow more seed, getting mixed up in politics and trying to influence their members to vote for a party.

In the end, they are all part of religion that has made the average Nigerian dishonest, hypocritical, intolerant and lazy. Despite all the church services you guys attend, the majority would justify lying, cheating and stealing.

You think the Christianity in Nigeria is saintly? Tell that to the little kids who are starved, abused or even killed because one pastor called them witches. Tell that to women that are sexually abused because they were foolish enough to go for prayers.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? / 10,000 Prostitutes Storm Abuja In Support Of Atiku, To Declare Free Sex / Lack Of Capacity Building Hinders Export Trade In Nigeria, Say Experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.