Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis (2733 Views)

When Did The Old Covenant End? - Paul Ellis / What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis / Does God Scourge Us? 7 Reasons To Say No!! - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:45pm On Jun 20, 2017
I have begun listing the many promises in God’s Word regarding the eternal security of the believer. So far I’m up to 130 scriptures, with more to come. It’s a wonderful, reassuring list, but too long to reproduce here. So for the sake of brevity I have pulled the top 12 promises guaranteeing your eternal salvation. These are promises to treasure. If you are uncertain and insecure, these promises will give you a confident assurance of your future.

1. Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life. (John 5:24)

The insecure reads this backwards: “If I falter I’ll cross from life to death.” But Jesus said no such thing. You have crossed from death to life and it’s a one-way trip. You are not alive one day, dead the next, then alive again. The old has gone and the new has come.

2. All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out… And this is the will of him who sent me; that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. (John 6:37, 39)

The insecure worry that “Jesus might cast me away if I don’t continue in the faith, endure, and avoid sin. If I wobble I’ll get the boot.” But Jesus said, “I will never cast out those who come to me.” What is the condition of not being cast out? Coming to Jesus. That’s it. Full stop. The end. No ifs, buts, or maybes.

3. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand… No one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. (John 10:27-30)

Here is a double-guarantee of your secure position: Jesus holds you and so does the Father. What about the sheep that wanders off? He doesn’t turn into a goat; he remains a sheep. And Jesus will find him for the Good Shepherd knows keeps his sheep.

4. Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:1)

The gift of no condemnation is without revocation (Rom 11:29). In Christ, you are eternally uncondemnable and unpunishable.

5. What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? … Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who is the one who condemns? (Rom 8:31, 33-34)

The greatest set of rhetorical questions ever asked!

6. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Rom 8:38-39)

To the Christian who has lost his way, God says, “Though you walk through the fire, I am with you. Though you make your bed in the depths, I am with you.” Truly nothing can separate us from the eternal grip of our Father’s love.

7. He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. (1 Cor 1:8-9)

Who called us into fellowship? God. Who will keep us strong to the end so that we will be blameless? God. Who is faithful? God. You may not be a model of faithfulness, but he who called you is always faithful, “reliable, trustworthy, and therefore ever true to his promise, and he can be depended on” (to quote the Amplified Bible).

8. Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come. (2 Cor 1:21-22)

The indwelling Holy Spirit is the proof of the pudding and the end of all debate. We can’t trust our guarantees, but we can trust his.

9. Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come. (2 Cor 5:5)

Paul evidently thought this was so important – the Holy Spirit is your eternal guarantee – that he mentioned it twice.

10. And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that he who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of his return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you. (Php 1:6, AMP)

You can trust Jesus to finish what he began.

11. He has saved us and called us to a holy life – not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. (2 Tim 1:9)

Has saved means it’s a done deal. Since your salvation is “not because of anything we have done,” nothing you do can unsave you.

12. Therefore he is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them. (Heb 7:25)

Jesus doesn’t do partial, temporary salvations. To quote the Amplified Bible, he saves completely, perfectly, finally, and for all time and eternity!

I hope your faith has been strengthened by these promises. If you are still uncertain about your eternal security, read them again, or check out the full list of promises regarding the believer’s eternal security.

And if you’re thinking “what about this scripture?” check out my list of “what about” scriptures too.

https://escapetoreality.org/2017/06/08/12-promises-on-eternal-security/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:12am On Jun 21, 2017
morning
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 5:50pm On Jun 21, 2017
evening
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 2:56pm On Jun 22, 2017
afternoon
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 9:42pm On Jun 22, 2017
jiggaz:
evening
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:32am On Jun 23, 2017
morning
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:10am On Jun 24, 2017
jiggaz:
morning
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:03am On Jun 25, 2017
nnnn
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 11:59am On Jun 25, 2017
afternoon
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 9:04am On Jun 27, 2017
nnnnn
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:23am On Jul 09, 2017
grounded
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:59pm On Jul 26, 2017
nnnnnn
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 3:54pm On Jan 07, 2018
Boooooom
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:44pm On Jan 07, 2018
Evening
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 5:49pm On Dec 19, 2019
Thank you Lord Jesus for your finished work on the Cross!! I am eternally grateful...

1 Like

Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 11:20am On Dec 20, 2019
Morning
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:09pm On Dec 20, 2019
Thank you Lord Jesus...
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 9:38pm On Dec 20, 2019
Thank you Lord Jesus
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:08pm On Feb 11, 2020
Yeah
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:26pm On Feb 12, 2020
Yes

1 Like

Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 9:33pm On Feb 13, 2020
Greaaattt
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:22pm On Feb 15, 2020
Yes
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:35am On Feb 16, 2020
Yes...
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 11:07pm On Feb 18, 2020
Yes
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:12pm On Feb 20, 2020
Great
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:11am On Feb 23, 2020
Yes
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:51pm On Feb 23, 2020
Yes...
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:42pm On Feb 25, 2020
The world is afraid because of the Wuhan novel coronavirus, but the angels that are watching all our ways are more than the viruses that are against us. Be conscious of the innumerable angels protecting you at every moment. God promises to protect you because you are His precious child in Christ Jesus. This year, through Jesus, He's going to take you to a broad place filled with His abundant blessings.
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:48pm On Feb 26, 2020
The Wuhan novel coronavirus will not kill you. Psalm 91 covers your whole life and in every way. Let faith arise as you memorize, quote, and meditate on this psalm. See yourself completely protected by God because of the precious blood that Jesus shed at the cross.
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 9:02pm On Feb 27, 2020
Great
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:28pm On Feb 28, 2020
jiggaz:
The Wuhan novel coronavirus will not kill you. Psalm 91 covers your whole life and in every way. Let faith arise as you memorize, quote, and meditate on this psalm. See yourself completely protected by God because of the precious blood that Jesus shed at the cross.
Re: The Top 12 Promises On Eternal Security - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:16am On Feb 29, 2020
Yes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Call The Master Prophet To Help Solve Your Problems Now / Happy Birthday To You Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Good Manners In Islam: Illuminating The Non-muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.