Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / . (1152 Views)

IGP Promotes Policemen Who Arrested Evans, The Kidnapper / Three Policemen Shot Dead In Abuja (Graphic Photos) / Undergraduates Raped, Robbed Job Seeker And Took Her Unclad Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by PoliceVictim: 7:06pm On Jun 20, 2017
i've gone past the pain
Re: . by tellwisdom: 7:15pm On Jun 20, 2017
Na becos of 4 tasa u write this kain epistle? Are you poor?? sad
Re: . by NwaAmaikpe: 7:21pm On Jun 20, 2017
PoliceVictim:
I've always known about the dangers known as Policemen in Nigeria, notwithstanding, I have always lived by the principle of minding my own business and respecting the Police, hoping to never cross paths with them for as long as I live, but today, I had a new experience, one I never wished for.

I am a school teacher who earns a meager 40k per month, I have a family of my own, my wife and my kid, we struggle to stay afloat, to live in our own world, minding our own business, I also have a car, not for luxury, but for convenience, and for hustling during holidays and in times when we have so much, I know this is not important, but I need you to understand how pathetic a person can be, yet still be bullied by members of the Nigerian Police.

I was driving past the popular Rumuokoro round about in Port-Harcourt with a friend and his fiancé, traffic was bad so all cars were somewhat at a standstill. All of a sudden, a man in mufti started hitting my windows hard, he had a walkie-talkie so I assumed he would definitely be a force man.

I wound down my window and tried to hear him out, he had nothing to say more than that I had switched lanes, he ordered my friend out of the car, and two of his colleagues came in. All the while I remained calm.

He started off by saying we should go to the station, I knew what that meant, I may try as much to avoid the police, I may not know much about them, but I took the advise of an Afro-Russian friend who once said

Whatever you do , never get taken back to their police station. Bribe fast. Your problems just tripled on arrival to the station. A guy I know was accused of kidnapping the arresting officer.

The policeman took my license, checked my house address, and also asked me what I do for a living. He furthermore stated that u had committed a traffic offence by switching lanes in holdup and will be fined N46,000. He also stated I will have to undergo a psychiatric test worth N10,000 and will also pay demurrage of N1,500 for every night my car is at the station.

Next, he asked for my phone, I gave it to him, all these were happening while we were driving towards the station. He went to my sms and checked my account balance, then he saw that all I had was N10,000. He started wailing that it’s not even enough for my offence.

His friends at the back started to plead with him to manage the N10,000 like that, that was when I angrily blurted out. una no go school or una no know wetin be minimum balance, how can you withdraw all” what about my family? Do you know what today’s date is? How do I feed them?”

The officer directed me to make a u-turn back again to rumuokoro where we had quite a number of banks. I was then told to park, hand over my keys and make a withdrawal of N5,000, i told him i wouldnt be able to go past 4,000 no matter what.

I didn’t even have my card with me so I called my dislodged friend to allow me withdraw from his account. He had N1,500 cash with him, with which he pleaded but they refused because they had seen my account. My pitiable account with just N10,000.

I did as instructed, but I only withdrew N4,000 from his account. I refused to take much more loan than I would be able to pay back once I got home. I wouldn’t risk any more because I need to be able to take care of my family.

The moment I gave the N4,000 to the ring leader, he started yelling, he told my friend to add N1,000 from the N1,500 cash he had, but my friend refused. He changed his mind and said we should go to the station, I was ready. I told him I no longer had a problem with that, at this moment, I knew he would seize my car at the station, but with the power of Nigerians on the media, my innocence will be proven.

I started the car, about to head towards the station, then he finally collected the money, and walked away.

He took 45% of everything I had in my account, I don’t know if I regretted being a Nigerian today, but I know that for a split second, I gave up.

I know he saw my house address, and I know he also saw my school i.d which I use where I work. I know that he can find me, and I know the risk I am taking with this post, but then, let it be known that the men in these pictures are not qualified to represent the Nigerian Police.

It is more saddening that while these men merry at a peppersoup joint, I'd have to cut up quite a number of items, and probably have my baby hold on with soaked diapers, in order to conserve what's left and hang on till the next pay day.
shocked

I admire your decent writing skills...that's a rarity in recent times.
I truly empathize with your misfortune and it gets even emotional thinking about the implication of their actions on your innocent baby whose only crime was being born to an intelligent father who was too timid to stand his ground and say NO to bribing policemen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by NwaAmaikpe: 7:23pm On Jun 20, 2017
PoliceVictim:
lalasticlala
Re: . by Evablizin(f): 7:26pm On Jun 20, 2017
Hm.Thank God for the remaining 6k
Re: . by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 20, 2017
lalasticlacla.. kindly do the needful..

Thanks
Re: . by Bibors(m): 7:40pm On Jun 20, 2017
tellwisdom:

Can't believe a human typed this.
Ohh, maybe na computer
Re: . by PoliceVictim: 7:44pm On Jun 20, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I admire your decent writing skills...that's a rarity in recent times.
I truly empathize with your misfortune and it gets even emotional thinking about the implication of their actions on your innocent baby whose only crime was being born to an intelligent father who was too timid to stand his ground and say NO to bribing policemen.

Well, i decided to handle it this way. Are you in Nigeria? I'm not sure you've had an encounter with the police.

tellwisdom:

Maybe poor? but i have what lots of rich people dont have. I have enough
Bibors:

Can't believe a human typed this.
Ohh, maybe na computer

well, i felt really pained.

1 Like

Re: . by tellwisdom: 7:49pm On Jun 20, 2017
PoliceVictim:

Well, i decided to handle it this way. Are you in Nigeria? I'm not sure you've had an encounter with the police.

Maybe poor? but i have what lots of rich people dont have. I have enough

well, i felt really pained.

What is it? Timidness, slow, fear, fast to giving out bribe....Ogbeni na writing skills u get jere angry
Re: . by NwaAmaikpe: 7:52pm On Jun 20, 2017
grayht:
lalasticlacla.. kindly do the needful..
Mynd44

Thanks

It is Lalasticlala sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by PoliceVictim: 7:53pm On Jun 20, 2017
tellwisdom:

What is it? Timidness, slow, fear, fast to giving out bribe....Ogbeni na writing skills u get jere angry

I respect your opinion
Re: . by deepwater(f): 8:02pm On Jun 20, 2017
op i am sorry.

Three people you hope not to encounter in a day:
1. NwaAmaikpe
2. TellWisdom
3. Nigerian Police

Seun, Lalasticlala, we have a case here

1 Like

Re: . by ifyalways(f): 8:10pm On Jun 20, 2017
deepwater:
op i am sorry.

Three people you hope not to encounter in a day:
1. NwaAmaikpe
2. TellWisdom
3. Nigerian Police

Seun, Lalasticlala, we have a case here

Lmao but so very true. cheesy
@OP, Pele o.

1 Like

Re: . by NwaAmaikpe: 8:34pm On Jun 20, 2017
PoliceVictim:
i've gone past the pain

Now you are really timid.....

Gosh!
Re: . by Ishilove: 8:59pm On Jun 20, 2017
When did the Nigerian police become traffic wardens? My God!

Anyway it's not everyone they can try this rubbish with.

1 Like

Re: . by deepwater(f): 7:28am On Jul 08, 2017
Timidaspin
Mynd44
Lalasticlala

Another FP material showing the callousness of the Nigeria police, the op said he has gone pass the pain, however the story is still quoted here and should not be swept under the carpet please

(1) (Reply)

facebook set to shut down Doggie Style With Me & Nnena (18+) / A Man Who Had His Hands And Legs Switched’, Here Is The True Story / PHOTOS: Prostitute Gets A Plot Land As Retirement Benefit, After Servicing Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.