Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Igbo Don't Need Biafra, Better To Mend Relationship With The North- Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Don't Need Biafra, Better To Mend Relationship With The North- Okorocha (834 Views)

Adesina Desperate To Mend Relationship With Gambari After Damning Article / Border Closure: Obasanjo Says Benin Republic Must Mend Its Ways With Nigeria / I Have Forgiven You, But You Have To Mend Your International Image~Obj To Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Don't Need Biafra, Better To Mend Relationship With The North- Okorocha by Bravo123: 10:19pm On Jun 20, 2017
The Governor of Imo State, South East Nigeria, Mr. Rochas Okorocha once again has reiterated his belief and conviction that the Igbo don't need Biafra.

Okorocha who has come under intense criticisms from Biafran agitators over his previous stand on the Biafran question has instead called on the Igbo to mend their relationship with North. He argued that the Biafran agitation does not make sense given the contributions of the Igbo to the development of the country.

“I do know that when the chips are down, they (IPOB) won’t be anywhere to be found.”

He said the three-month quit notice given to the Igbo was inciting and could cause disaffection between the southeast and northern regions.

“While I blame the Arewa youths who may have acted under provocation and taking the matter beyond scope, the statements were also very inciting and can create disaffection between the north and southeast,” he said in a statement issued on his behalf by Sam Onwuemeodo, his chief press secretary

“For the purpose of those who have forgotten, in history, the southeast and north have enjoyed a good political relationship, especially in the days of Shagari. We have been seen as allies and partners politically....

Read more http://alabingo.com/2017/06/igbo-dont-need-b…p-north-okorocha/

Re: Igbo Don't Need Biafra, Better To Mend Relationship With The North- Okorocha by swiz123(m): 10:21pm On Jun 20, 2017
FTC
Re: Igbo Don't Need Biafra, Better To Mend Relationship With The North- Okorocha by swiz123(m): 10:22pm On Jun 20, 2017
Geraout!!! Ewuocha
Re: Igbo Don't Need Biafra, Better To Mend Relationship With The North- Okorocha by Rossikki: 10:25pm On Jun 20, 2017
Correct man with sense.

Look, this whole Biafra thing is misguided. Thoughtful Igbos know it makes no sense to secede, when Igbos are the Number 1 travellers, settlers, and businessmen in Nigeria.

It's like a giant deciding he wants to become an ant.

Where are you seceding to?

I think the recent threat by Arewa youths concentrated the minds of the more thoughtful Ipob secessionists.

It suddenly dawned on them that their secessionist position was untenable in light of the clear economic dependence of millions of Igbos on populations and markets across the federation, with several billions of dollars worth of investments located in those regions.

And that their people would become highly vulnerable, and subject to deportation from those places - in their millions - were their secessionist dream to be actualised.

I pity Okorocha sometimes. No doubt he understands all the above. He must feel really frustrated at the clear absence of deep thought, analysis, and strategy in the Ipob movement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Don't Need Biafra, Better To Mend Relationship With The North- Okorocha by yang(m): 10:36pm On Jun 20, 2017
Okoroawusa the fat pig

Who will sell his mother for a plate of porridge

Not to talk of the evil dwarf of acting coordinator. The devilish mere commissioner

Ndi ara

Igbo enwe eze

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Don't Need Biafra, Better To Mend Relationship With The North- Okorocha by wristbangle: 10:43pm On Jun 20, 2017
Okorocha has spoken well.
Re: Igbo Don't Need Biafra, Better To Mend Relationship With The North- Okorocha by Fyno: 11:57pm On Jun 20, 2017
wristbangle:
Okorocha has spoken well.
instead of asking the north to mend their relationship with the east!!!

Slave mentality

1 Like

Re: Igbo Don't Need Biafra, Better To Mend Relationship With The North- Okorocha by Bishops10(m): 1:49am On Jun 21, 2017
My signature my business

Okorocha = Douglas house
Re: Igbo Don't Need Biafra, Better To Mend Relationship With The North- Okorocha by dienlmods: 6:35am On Jun 21, 2017
When bakare said, he saw Igbo giant in the dream, many people thought he had malaria, now the giant, KANU has sprout forth and baifra will rise again
Re: Igbo Don't Need Biafra, Better To Mend Relationship With The North- Okorocha by Nobody: 6:39am On Jun 21, 2017
Okorocha bu idiot . I don't blame you. After eating the loots of imo state. Rubbish
Re: Igbo Don't Need Biafra, Better To Mend Relationship With The North- Okorocha by Arda1000(m): 7:01am On Jun 21, 2017
Referendum is the only way to know for sure.
Re: Igbo Don't Need Biafra, Better To Mend Relationship With The North- Okorocha by ExpiredNigeria: 8:15am On Jun 21, 2017
Okorohausa
Re: Igbo Don't Need Biafra, Better To Mend Relationship With The North- Okorocha by kingzizzy: 8:32am On Jun 21, 2017
Okorocha is a morron
Re: Igbo Don't Need Biafra, Better To Mend Relationship With The North- Okorocha by mezutallia(m): 8:40am On Jun 21, 2017
I didn't expect anything less from this old fool.
But he will soon be placed in his dustbin.
No body listens to him.
Re: Igbo Don't Need Biafra, Better To Mend Relationship With The North- Okorocha by Terkimbi01: 8:43am On Jun 21, 2017
Mend relationship?

Governor Ortom tried tried in Benue, but they continued to kill is in our lands.

Now he has signed anti grazing bill into law.

It seems the Igbo leaders never learn.

Mend relationship with these killers at your own peril.

My advice to the youths of Southern Nigeria, take your destinies into your hands.

we need another Gideon Orkar in Benue state.

(1) (Reply)

Presidency Explains Why Presidential Jet Remains With Buhari In London / Osun West: APC Candidate, Husain Finally Speaks On Defeat, Adeleke’s Victory / SHOCKING!!! Sick President Muhammadu Buhari Disgraced Before The Entire World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.