Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,204 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

The Reasons Why Kanu Is Involved In The Struggle For Biafra - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Reasons Why Kanu Is Involved In The Struggle For Biafra (360 Views)

Policemen Involved In Ohafia Shooting Acted Under Influence Of Alcohol - Abia CP / Bokoharam: Any More Protest From IPOB Members For Biafra Freedom Again We Will A / Nigerians Struggle To Scoop Fuel From Broken Down Fuel Tanker In Kogi State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reasons Why Kanu Is Involved In The Struggle For Biafra by Prinq: 12:28am On Jun 21, 2017
The father of the embattled Director of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, has spoken out in an exclusive interview and given the reasons behind his son’s involvement in the struggle for the actualization of Biafra.
HRM Eze Israel Okwu Kanu is the father of one of Nigeria’s controversial detainees, Nnamdi Kanu. He is the traditional ruler of Isiama Afara, a community in Umuahia, Abia state.
In an interview with Ihuoma Chiedozie of The Punch newspaper, HRM Kanu senior talks about the personality of his son, the reasons behind his involvement in the struggle for the actualization of Biafra and many more.

Below are excerpts from the exclusive chat:-

As a child, was he troublesome, considering his activities with Indegenous People of Biafra and Radio Biafra?

No, he was not a troublemaker. In fact he went out of his way to avoid trouble. If anything would cause a quarrel between him and anybody, he would rather avoid such a matter. He was actually peace loving and gentle. Also, he was not a person of many words, he was reserved. But what I noticed about him, as he was growing up, was that he detested injustice. He did not like to see a fellow human being victimised. He would never be part of anything that involved the persecution, or victimisation of a fellow human being. He was very straight forward and honest to a fault. Nnamdi would never see the truth and keep quiet, he would speak out, not minding the consequences.

What do you think are the reasons behind his involvement in the struggle for the actualisation of Biafra?

He reads a lot of history, he knows so much about history and I think that is a major factor. Apart from that, he witnessed how Ralph Uwazuruike (former leader of the Movement for the Actualisation of Biafra) was running MASSOB then. He went there (MASSOB) and found out that what Uwazuruike was doing was not right. He called Uwazuruike aside and asked him: ‘The money you are collecting (in the name of Biafra), can’t you give some of it to these poor ones among your members so that they can at least feed themselves and their families?’ Uwazuruike got angry and asked who gave him (Nnamdi) the right to make such comments. That led to problems between him and Uwazuruike.
When Nnamdi came home to get married, Uwazuruike stormed the venue of the traditional wedding with his people to disrupt the wedding. Uwazuruike and his group came in 10 buses to cause disturbances at the venue. I was at home waiting for them to bring the new bride to me, as Igbo tradition demands, when I got information that Uwazuruike brought his men to cause trouble there. It got to a point that the youths from my son’s wife’s community rallied together to confront Uwazuruike’s boys, captured about 20 of them and took them to the police. But Nnamdi was beaten up seriously and he sustained injuries. When he returned home, I took him to the hospital for treatment. After he recovered, he swore to go ahead with the struggle for Biafra, but without Uwazuruike. He said the struggle could be successfully undertaken in a different way, without it being used as a means for self-enrichment, as was done by Uwazuruike. That was how he got involved in the struggle for Biafra.

READ MORE=> http://webvibez..is/2017/06/the-reasons-why-nnamdi-kanu-is-involved.html?m=1

Re: The Reasons Why Kanu Is Involved In The Struggle For Biafra by Nobody: 12:39am On Jun 21, 2017
Ok. Was he a Christian or Jewish as at that time?
Re: The Reasons Why Kanu Is Involved In The Struggle For Biafra by NothingDoMe: 5:26am On Jun 21, 2017
noblemails:

Funny question.
Re: The Reasons Why Kanu Is Involved In The Struggle For Biafra by Ebije1(m): 7:51am On Jun 21, 2017
The koko dere is dat de gain money fr dia pockets frm dis dia movement... Why shld i even bliv dis story sef? :|
Re: The Reasons Why Kanu Is Involved In The Struggle For Biafra by Ebije1(m): 7:52am On Jun 21, 2017
noblemails:

lol.
Re: The Reasons Why Kanu Is Involved In The Struggle For Biafra by sunnysunny69(m): 8:24am On Jun 21, 2017
He wasn't happy Uwazuruike got a lot of money from his MASSOB , it won't be long before we heard about how much he got from IPOB too.

(1) (Reply)

3 Suicide Bombers Killed At Unimaid's Female Hostel / Hoodlums Hijack Petrol Tanker, Kill Driver In Osun / Stop Impersonating Us - DSS To Anti-corruption Agencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.