Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Issue With Crk And Irk Palava - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Issue With Crk And Irk Palava (884 Views)

Saraki Speaks On CRK, IRK Curriculum Controversy / House Of Representatives Returns CRK As Independent Subject / Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issue With Crk And Irk Palava by Hollicom(m): 3:39am On Jun 21, 2017
Anyone who has issues with the merging of CRK and IRS with others related subject to form a single subject should redress his/her grievance to the former president.

President Jonathan's government revised the 9- Year Basic Education Curriculum in 2012 in line with global best practices as in Kenya -7 subject, Tanzania- 8 subject, United States of America -6 subject, Malaysia and Indonesia -9 subject offerings.

The curriculum revision process involved identification and grouping of related disciplines such as Christian Religious Studies/ Islamic Religious Studies, Social Studies, Civic Education, and Security Education to create a new composite or cluster of Revised BEC subject called Religion and National Values.

The Revised BEC comprises ten (10) subjects namely:

1. English Studies
2. Mathematics,
3. Basic Science and Technology,
4. Religion and National Values,
5. Cultural and Creative Arts
6. Business Studies,
7. Nigerian Languages,
8. Pre-vocational Studies,
9. French,
10. Arabic.

As stated above, this review was initiated and implemented in 2012 when GEJ was still president. Long before PMB became president in 2015.

Facts do not lie. Those people misinforming the populace that Buhari was responsible for the review because of his Islamic agenda should verify before rendering false assertions.
Re: Issue With Crk And Irk Palava by Pavore9: 5:13am On Jun 21, 2017
I have no issues with Arabic, just that it should not be mandated to be taken in a situation where a student opt for French and a French teacher is not available.

1 Like

Re: Issue With Crk And Irk Palava by Ahmadgani(m): 6:11am On Jun 21, 2017
Pavore9:
I have no issues with Arabic, just that it should not be mandated to be taken in a situation where a student opt for French and a French teacher is not available.
learning arabic wont transform somebody into a muslim. rather it will make people more versatile.
Re: Issue With Crk And Irk Palava by Blizzy9ja: 6:19am On Jun 21, 2017
Of what importance is arabic to our educational system? That is where the suspicion lies

Mind you even if it was done during the GEJ era, what does the Nigerian child stand to gain from studying arabic?

Can you go and take a look at the commitee that made the recommendation and comfortably tell me its not an Islamic agenda? Remember Nigeria is a secular nation not Islamic

2 Likes

Re: Issue With Crk And Irk Palava by Blizzy9ja: 6:24am On Jun 21, 2017
Ahmadgani:
learning arabic wont transform somebody into a muslim. rather it will make people more versatile.
Dats what a typical muslim like you would say... But I think it should be condemned
Re: Issue With Crk And Irk Palava by Ahmadgani(m): 6:44am On Jun 21, 2017
Blizzy9ja:
Dats what a typical muslim like you would say... But I think it should be condemned
i am muslim but i cannot speak arabic but i can speak a litle french. stop been myopic brother
Re: Issue With Crk And Irk Palava by Pavore9: 7:10am On Jun 21, 2017
Ahmadgani:

It doesn't but it should be a matter of choice. Don't forget as these students are still under their parents' care, the perception of their parents regarding them learning Arabic counts as parents who are Christains will prefer such versatility in French than in Arabic.

It will taken up more by students in the North.
Re: Issue With Crk And Irk Palava by babyfaceafrica: 8:27am On Jun 21, 2017
I am.not interested in learning Arabic and none of mine children will m...who Arabic EPP?
Re: Issue With Crk And Irk Palava by obailala(m): 8:33am On Jun 21, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
I am.not interested in learning Arabic and none of mine children will m...who Arabic EPP?
the so called arabic is not compulsory, it is optional and will obviously be offered mainly by students in the north who think it is relevant. What is the fuss in this?
Re: Issue With Crk And Irk Palava by babyfaceafrica: 8:38am On Jun 21, 2017
obailala:
the so called arabic is not compulsory, it is optional and will obviously be offered mainly by students in the north who think it is relevant. What is the fuss in this?
better, it is the north..why is Hebrew and IFA not there
Re: Issue With Crk And Irk Palava by IgboticGirl(f): 8:39am On Jun 21, 2017
dd
Re: Issue With Crk And Irk Palava by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 21, 2017
babyfaceafrica:

Because it is inconsequential and insignificant. Even the Bible is thought in English.

French is second most popular language.

Arabic is third most popular language.
Re: Issue With Crk And Irk Palava by obailala(m): 10:29am On Jun 21, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Why not start the lobbying process for Hebrew and Ifa if that is what you really want?.... Someone has to start it, and lamenting/wailing over some people getting their arabic, I'm not sure I understand how that's supposed to help you achieve your Ifa language or Hebrew.

1 Like

Re: Issue With Crk And Irk Palava by Origin(f): 10:30am On Jun 21, 2017
NairalandHowTo:

Because it is inconsequential and insignificant. Even the Bible is thought in English.

French is second most popular language.

Arabic is third most popular language.

Arabic is actually more widely spoken than French.

Even if they allow Mandarin, I'll still like to learn. Languages are very versatile skills.

1 Like

Re: Issue With Crk And Irk Palava by Ahmadgani(m): 1:44pm On Jun 21, 2017
Pavore9:

It doesn't but it should be a matter of choice. Don't forget as these students are still under their parents' care, the perception of their parents regarding them learning Arabic counts as parents who are Christains will prefer such versatility in French than in Arabic.

It will taken up more by students in the North.
i understand you perfectly. i am not saying arabic should be imposed on students.
Re: Issue With Crk And Irk Palava by Blizzy9ja: 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2017
Ahmadgani:
i am muslim but i cannot speak arabic but i can speak a litle french. stop been myopic brother
I agree I am myopic but as a human being what do you need arabic for?

(1) (Reply)

How Ojukwu And Gowon Settled Their Rift With This / Controversial Livingstone Wechie Exposes Gov Nyesom Wike's Dubious Activities! / We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.