Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,770 members, 7,831,476 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Cac Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 21/6/2017 Career Versus Calling - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cac Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 21/6/2017 Career Versus Calling (236 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2019 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cac Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 21/6/2017 Career Versus Calling by Nobody: 5:58am On Jun 21, 2017
CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 21, 2017
CAREER VERSUS CALLING
READ PHILIPPIANS 3:9-14
MEMORISE: I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:14)

Apostle Paul impliedly drew up much difference between career and calling in Philippians 3. Career is what you choose to be doing, most especially because of your interest in it. On the other hand, calling is what you receive, and might sometimes be against your plan. A career is what you do for yourself to earn money, power and fame. A calling is what God Himself does through you, irrespective of your background and education (1 Cor 1:26). Every successful career ends with retirement and lots of toys, called benefits, whereas the high calling of God, when answered to, ends with eternal blessings, with or without difficulties suffered or opportunities enjoyed here on earth (Matt 25:21; 2 Cor 4:16-18). This high calling of God being talked about, is the salvation of our souls, meant for everyone here on earth, and the grace to function in the body of believers and as God’s representatives wherever He puts the saved person.
A Christian was talking to a soap manufacturer about his faith. "Don't think much of your Christianity," he said. "It's been around all these years and look at the mess the human race is in." At this point, they passed two or three children playing in the mud at the side of the road. "What about your soap?" replied the Christian. "It's been around longer than Christianity and look at the mess those kids are in." "Ah," said the soap manufacturer, "My soap is only effective as and when applied." "That's exactly how it is with Christianity," said the Christian.
Dear friend, have you answered this high calling of God? Do it now, and be saved from eternal damnation (Phil 3:18-19), and be empowered and engaged to represent your Creator. May God help you. Amen.

PRAYER POINTS:
1. Oh God, help me to keep faith to the end, in this high calling of salvation and service.
2. Lord, help me to be concerned with what You have provided to benefit my soul, now and in eternity.
3. Lord, let nourishing our souls in You be the greatest craving of our churches and their leaders and members, alike.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Revelation 17 - 18

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! JESUS IS LORD! / (part 5)36 Ways To Handle Your Spouse When You Are Falsely Suspected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.