Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,782 members, 7,851,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:33 AM

Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others (11454 Views)

Trader Caught Spraying Sniper Insecticide On Stockfish Meant For Sale (Photos) / NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets / Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by salesforce: 11:01am On Jun 21, 2017
Order the small mosquito killer below
Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by Urukpe: 11:01am On Jun 21, 2017
I fault this research 100%. My personal experience, mosquito net still work perfectly for me.
Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 21, 2017
maybe people would have to start spraying their nets with insecticides like rambo and mortein.
Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by damoneymag(m): 11:02am On Jun 21, 2017
i think kogi,infact lokoja to be precise should be top of that list. The mosquitoes have defiled all insecticides let alone mosquito nets. I applied bagon the other night , and i saw them falling to the ground... After some 10minutes they were up again even more fierce in attact than they were before i applied the insecticide.

4 Likes

Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by Ryda(m): 11:02am On Jun 21, 2017
lollypeezle:
j

see ur life
Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by Emitrix42(m): 11:03am On Jun 21, 2017
The ones in port harcourt have degrees, after you have done all the insecticides stuff, they will put on their bulleproof and wait for it to subside before begining their operation, i Twaile for them.

1 Like

Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by vcente(m): 11:04am On Jun 21, 2017
if mosquitoes wey sey my house here this ehn
Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by jeo4u(m): 11:04am On Jun 21, 2017
Very true. They have equally developed resistance to most of the insecticides in the market.

Now what next? Even the president is not in the country. Lord have mercy

4 Likes

Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by bayulll011(m): 11:04am On Jun 21, 2017
killos11:
These mosquitoes are gangsters

my dear it no joke ooo.i sleep under net but i always surprise to see those mosquitoes ehn i tire
Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by lollypeezle(m): 11:05am On Jun 21, 2017
You are always quick to quote, jumping into conclusion is your hobby. Can't that melting brain in your head tell you i used it to book space on the front page? Don't you have UTME to write?
Ryda:

see ur life
Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by joepentwo(m): 11:05am On Jun 21, 2017
I co try arrange gun for ds mosquito dem
Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by Guestlander: 11:06am On Jun 21, 2017
Don't know about Kwara but Lagos mosquitoes are directly from hell.

1 Like

Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by steve6: 11:07am On Jun 21, 2017
Though I don't know how true this research is but what I have observed is even after I spray the room with insecticide(believe me, I have tried all the big names), it is always as if some of the mosquitoes don't die !

1 Like

Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by kevoh(m): 11:08am On Jun 21, 2017
Originakalokalo:

Ok. If the mosquitoes have developed resistance to the insecticides​, they cannot penetrate the tiny holes in the net.

If you or anyone you know make the mistake of putting his face or hand on the net while sleeping inside then you will know they don't need to penetrate the net holes to cause any harm. I experienced this in boarding school, woke up the next morning and I had over 20 mosquito bites on one half of my face that was resting on the net.

1 Like

Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by madbuhari: 11:09am On Jun 21, 2017
yeah I notice it as well... mosquito nowadays are trying to prove stubborn, I filtered my house with insecticide almost thrice a day, I keep the surrendering clean, I make sure the windows and doors has no lick holes , despite that mosquito still finds way to penetrate, I don't knw if they are using magic to penetrate or they camped somewhere unnoticed ... even in day time u will see them biting you from all angle, at times I said my village people are after me... worse of them all I thought mosquito do not survive more than 3days, now they do live longer than most of us, if u try to spray insecticide , instead of them to run for their dear life ,they will be there dancing skelewu for you, before u knew it, the whole of their family will be in your house anxiously waiting for u to sleep so they will feast on you happily... I'm thinking of making friends with them let see if the hostilities against me will stop... abeg who will I blame for this , Jonathan or Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 21, 2017
this buhari sef
Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by bigtt76(f): 11:16am On Jun 21, 2017
More like the mosquito net treatment chemical is now being adultrated undecided
Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by madbuhari: 11:16am On Jun 21, 2017
yeah I notice it as well... mosquito nowadays are trying to prove stubborn, I filtered my house with insecticide almost thrice a day, I keep the surrendering clean, I make sure the windows and doors has no lick holes , despite that mosquito still finds way to penetrate, I don't knw if they are using magic to penetrate or they camped somewhere unnoticed ... even in day time u will see them biting you from all angle, at times I said my village people are after me... worse of them all I thought mosquito do not survive more than 3days, now they do live longer than most of us, if u try to spray insecticide , instead of them to run for their dear life ,they will be there dancing skelewu for you, before u knew it, the whole of their family will be in your house anxiously waiting for u to sleep so they will feast on you happily... Im thinking of making friends with them let see if the hostilities against me will stop... abeg who will I blame for this , Jonathan , Buhari or my village people
Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by Ryda(m): 11:17am On Jun 21, 2017
lollypeezle:
You are always quick to quote, jumping into conclusion is your hobby. Can't that melting brain in your head tell you i used it to book space on the front page? Don't you have UTME to write?

Am in school already..
Your completely damaged brain made you to be so useless that all you can think of is book space.. your mates are booking space for events, and occasions and the best you think you can do is troll on NL

fvck off my mention.. jobless space booker
Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by lollypeezle(m): 11:21am On Jun 21, 2017
oooh, ure still in school, i see.
Do take care boy
Ryda:

Am in school already..
Your completely damaged brain made you to be so useless that all you can think of is book space.. your mates are booking space for events, and occasions and the best you think you can do is troll on NL

fvck off my mention.. jobless space booker

1 Like

Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by Ogalanyachieze: 11:26am On Jun 21, 2017
Mosquito-pob even mosquitoes has start agitating for referendum. Haha this sounds like a sit-at-home cos nigeria kills them when they come out on streets with sniper. So now thier leader has ask them to sit at home

1 Like

Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by Ryda(m): 11:26am On Jun 21, 2017
lollypeezle:
oooh, ure still in school, i see.
Do take care boy

Onye ara!
your condition is rare.. JOBLESS SPACEBOOKER
Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by meetgaya: 11:28am On Jun 21, 2017
damoneymag:
i think kogi,infact lokoja to be precise should be top of that list. The mosquitoes have defiled all insecticides let alone mosquito nets. I applied bagon the other night , and i saw them falling to the ground... After some 10minutes they were up again even more fierce in attact than they were before i applied the insecticide.

Go to the market and for DD Force from sellers of agro-chemicals, just spray small and see wonders and only that you will come here and testify

1 Like

Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by kennydotkom(m): 11:31am On Jun 21, 2017
Originakalokalo:

Ok. If the mosquitoes have developed resistance to the insecticides​, they cannot penetrate the tiny holes in the net.
Let them check well ooooo...It is possible that those insecticides are fakes.

Does it mean that the mosquitoes can develop resistant to Raid, Mobil, etc?
If yes then they are special breed indeed.

But they cant resist snniper ddvp. They neva born the mosquto
Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by Alonzo50: 11:36am On Jun 21, 2017
Mosquitoes for sokoto na problem, if you on your fan dey will still suck your blood

1 Like

Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by meetgaya: 11:37am On Jun 21, 2017
damoneymag:

Go to the market and for DD Force from sellers of agro-chemicals, just spray small and see wonders and only that you will come here and testify
Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by Mekanus(m): 11:43am On Jun 21, 2017
muller101:
Nice dev by mosquitoes
Like seriously
Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by ALAYORMII: 12:05pm On Jun 21, 2017
This is so true and it's not only to nets

Have been battling with mosquitoes for some time now, they just refuse to die

There's nothing I haven't used, sniper, Rambo paper, Dream, Raid, etc

1 Like

Re: Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others by mecussey(m): 12:09pm On Jun 21, 2017
dre11:

http://punchng.com/mosquitoes-develop-resistance-to-insecticide-nets-in-lagos-kwara-others/

I dont know what kind of plague is this...but mosquitoe is the worst animal/vampire i have seen. No insecticide dey kill am again, even fan no dey fit blow am commot again. This pest can fly as high as 10 storey building and bite you. The malaria it shares have developed resistance to all drugs...i am just practically leaving with them as my neighbour...i dont care any longer.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Makes Doctors' Handwriting Rough? / Only Lagos, Kano, Ogun, FCT Still Conducting COVID-19 Tests – PTF / Do You Know That Too Much of Sex can Cause Stroke?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.