Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,922 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Cocoon: The Mother And Her Daughter (poetry By Uc Truth) - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Cocoon: The Mother And Her Daughter (poetry By Uc Truth) (357 Views)

Lies On Her Lips.(daily Poetry By Amakahub) / Today Is World Poetry Day: Write Something / I Rest Now (to The Mother I Never Had) By King Ifey Muonyili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cocoon: The Mother And Her Daughter (poetry By Uc Truth) by pedroblings: 8:12am On Jun 21, 2017
I used to know a girl

A spitting image of her mother.

I should know, cos I used to know her mother.

You haven’t seen a woman’s walk stop you dead in your tracks.

The movement of her body once hypnotized me,
for real; those curves led straight to places I shouldn’t have been, I drove recklessly and almost lost my being.

When I realized and snapped out of my zombie walk to a land unknown,
untamed as a beast on its prey to ravish: the picture I saw was her face, the last mirror I could remember looking into before Medusa made my heart stone.

So I suspect that this girl is up to no good.

If apples don’t fall too far from a tree then from experience I should see far, so far I see;
I’m no jew-man, pharisee: I know the land I would land in when and if I allow my eyes stay too glued to the mirror of her face; Medusa might not let me go with my share of the grace; this time, I might be the one shared in the end;
You know how the horrific legend goes; ‘a story of my blood shed’.

But I dared.

Looked into her face,

I used to know a girl
A spitting image of her mother.

my life wasn’t gonna be the same as this daughter turns 18

I turned to my wife to speak when our eyes met.

“Damn, I will always be hypnotized by those eyes”.

READ OTHER POEM BY UCTRUTH HERE

Read "In His Head By Adepraiz
Read "Generous Heart Of A Soldier" By Pedro
Read "Drifted" By UCTruth

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Ways Of The Awo / "#WHO Says" / The Hunger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.