Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,791 members, 7,844,570 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Woman Crush Wednessday - Weird MC - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Woman Crush Wednessday - Weird MC (741 Views)

Weird MC And Stella Damascus In London (Photo) / Weird MC: I Want To Have 2 Children - Rapper Says At 47 / Weird MC , Mr. Eazi And Maleek Berry In New Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Crush Wednessday - Weird MC by Princephelar(m): 5:25pm On Jun 21, 2017
Reasons why we crush on people differ from individuals, you never really have a standard people have to meet before crushing in them, you crush on some for their appearance, some for their intellect,
some for their manners, some for their way of life, their believes and the list is endless...
My #WCW for today is Weird MC for a couple of reasons.
1. She's dodged: a quick look at Nigeria's hip pop history, the time she trended was a time of drought for female artists, especially for someone doing her kind of music RAP, which wasn't well accepted as we have today. She faced a lot, both for her kind of music and the way of life she chose (Tom Boy we call it). The society back then saw people like her as strange and a lot must have judged her wrongly.
2. She's one of those artists that speaks their minds liberally without fear, no form of intimidation can be traced in her contents. I've always loved her contents from Allen Avenue to Ijoya, to Busy Body remix and lots more.
3. She dared to be different: as at when she shot the Ijoya video, cartoon videos were seen as child's stuff then, yet she cartooned the video, this shows courage, she much have had her doubts about the acceptance of the video concept, yet she did it anyways and it was a hit.
4. She's being a huge source of inspiration for younger generations of female entertainers. It's undeniable that Weird MC is a source of inspiration for younger girls/women/ladies. Saw something on my visit to her Instagram page, a lady shared her experience when she was trying to start up her makeup outfit, how she drew inspiration from this amazing woman.
And this posts itself is a prove that she's a source of inspiration as I never planned writing this much about her.

Source: https://princephelarblog./2017/06/21/woman-crush-wednesday-weirdmc/

Re: Woman Crush Wednessday - Weird MC by Came: 5:47pm On Jun 21, 2017
This woman no wan marry,and born abi wetin self...I like her songs sha!!
Re: Woman Crush Wednessday - Weird MC by eposho: 8:25pm On Jun 21, 2017
Woman??
She came out years ago as a lesbian?
Let her be , feel me?
Re: Woman Crush Wednessday - Weird MC by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 21, 2017
Growing up I knew this one was a lesbian, an ugly one actually grin

1 Like

Re: Woman Crush Wednessday - Weird MC by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 14, 2017
Fresca:
Growing up I knew this one was a lesbian, an ugly one actually grin

Una sef enh... Who told you she no get man

(1) (Reply)

Jim Iyke Visits Obasanjo At Hilltop,Abeokuta(photos,video) / Nigerian Or Ghanaian Jollof? Nigerian Man And His Beautiful Ghanaian Bride!(pics / Christina Milan Displays Her Sexy Body Curves At The Beach (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.