Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Arewa Youth Quit Notice: Lull In Abuja Property Market As Igbos Weigh Options - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arewa Youth Quit Notice: Lull In Abuja Property Market As Igbos Weigh Options (1676 Views)

Primaries: APC Reps Weigh Options, Suspend Planned Defections / Obasanjo Coalition For Nigeria: Mark, Makarfi, Lamido, Others Weigh Options / Arewa Youth Secretary Speaking On Channels TV (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arewa Youth Quit Notice: Lull In Abuja Property Market As Igbos Weigh Options by BENARI: 9:59pm On Jun 21, 2017
There're indications that Igbos now see investment in Abuja and the North as high risk following the eviction notice by the so called arewa youths.

Reports indicate a very weary attitude by not just Igbos but southerners in general towards further investments in the North and Abuja.

Many now favour looking homeward as they now worry that even beyond October 1st, Nigeria may never be the same again.
Already prices of properties are beginning to point southward as many look to lessen there exposure to possible eventuality.

5 Likes

Re: Arewa Youth Quit Notice: Lull In Abuja Property Market As Igbos Weigh Options by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 21, 2017
Thats basically what a wise man would do... in event this blows away, Nigeria might never be the same anymore..

People fail to understand that the igbos investing in various locations outside might have subsided the reason why restructure has been held this long..

An igbo man would obviously not complain on kano's huge allocation or lagos or either ogun due to the fact lots of people from other regions are in those locations but when the think home and investment within and only in your region assumes full gear, it would all take a new dimension.. with the massive influx of population and development in indigene regions, govt would be forced to open up trade channels, seaports and infrastructures in those regions...

Either ways, it would all lead to Restructure..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arewa Youth Quit Notice: Lull In Abuja Property Market As Igbos Weigh Options by slivertongue: 11:08pm On Jun 21, 2017
it is good that the North is forcing them to look homeward. They should take this opportunity to grow their state economies

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arewa Youth Quit Notice: Lull In Abuja Property Market As Igbos Weigh Options by Nobody: 3:11am On Jun 22, 2017
People investing away from their country has been a way of growing wealth faster than anything else. But I have come to understand that those rules that made white nations superior don't apply to predominantly black nations. I, being an Igbo guy personally wouldn't dare to invest in the north, Abuja included, come to think of it Abuja is fake, what makes a place like Abuja expensive if not for stolen funds from politicians?

That said, every tribe has touts amongst them, all the touts from Igbo land are led by Nnamdi Kanu, why is he a tout? just critically listen to that guy, on radio Biafra saying that he will "get Biafra peace or violence like never seen before" I understand if ojukwu said this, cause he was actually a military tactician and hard conventional hardware at his disposal, but a complete civilian who knows nothing about military warfare making such statements proves he lack what it takes to lead educated people, now if you don't believe me how about him saying that majority of Igbo ladies are harlots. If this does not convince you that him and his followers on nairaland are touts I don't know what will. Most of his followers on nairaland are youths suffering from chronic joblessness and frustration. They are convinced that getting a new country will solve their problems. But they are too daft to understand that putting rotten eggs in a new bag won't change the situation of the eggs.

Yorubas are in my opinion the smartest and most accommodating people in Nigeria , ( let me add that the greatest act of bravery in Nigeria was showcased by a Yoruba man) . , but they certainly have their own touts. Besides under bridge at oshodi the next place to find them is on nairaland. Inciting violence, urging igbos to start a war so they can grab their properties. My advice to you is to go get a job. You are getting old, what you wish might not happen in your lifetime.

Northerners? The biggest problem they have is that there are a 80% more touts in the north than any other part of nigeria. If you meet the right northerner you might want to ask God why he did not create you a northerner.

All Nigerians should try and understand that politicians from all tribes are their enemy and not the next guy who does not speak their language.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arewa Youth Quit Notice: Lull In Abuja Property Market As Igbos Weigh Options by Nobody: 5:07am On Jun 22, 2017
blueseacats:
People investing away from their country has been a way of growing wealth faster than anything else. But I have come to understand that those rules that made white nations superior don't apply to predominantly black nations. I, being an Igbo guy personally wouldn't dare to invest in the north, Abuja included, come to think of it Abuja is fake, what makes a place like Abuja expensive if not for stolen funds from politicians?

That said, every tribe has touts amongst them, all the touts from Igbo land are led by Nnamdi Kanu, why is he a tout? just critically listen to that guy, on radio Biafra saying that he will "get Biafra peace or violence like never seen before" I understand if ojukwu said this, cause he was actually a military tactician and hard conventional hardware at his disposal, but a complete civilian who knows nothing about military warfare making such statements proves he lack what it takes to lead educated people, now if you don't believe me how about him saying that majority of Igbo ladies are harlots. If this does not convince you that him and his followers on nairaland are touts I don't know what will. Most of his followers on nairaland are youths suffering from chronic joblessness and frustration. They are convinced that getting a new country will solve their problems. But they are too daft to understand that putting rotten eggs in a new bag won't change the situation of the eggs.

Yorubas are in my opinion the smartest and most accommodating people in Nigeria , ( let me add that the greatest act of bravery in Nigeria was showcased by a Yoruba man) . , but they certainly have their own touts. Besides under bridge at oshodi the next place to find them is on nairaland. Inciting violence, urging igbos to start a war so they can grab their properties. My advice to you is to go get a job. You are getting old, what you wish might not happen in your lifetime.

Northerners? The biggest problem they have is that there are a 80% more touts in the north than any other part of nigeria. If you meet the right northerner you might want to ask God why he did not create you a northerner.

All Nigerians should try and understand that politicians from all tribes are their enemy and not the next guy who does not speak their language.

This deserve new thread. It makes senses and don't forget mention me in the new thread.

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youth Quit Notice: Lull In Abuja Property Market As Igbos Weigh Options by ScotsReferendum: 5:12am On Jun 22, 2017
Arewa youths thank you for opening the eyes of our people to think Eastwards.

Now let's see how Arewa will ever witness development again

8 Likes

Re: Arewa Youth Quit Notice: Lull In Abuja Property Market As Igbos Weigh Options by Nobody: 5:32am On Jun 22, 2017
BENARI:
There're indications that Igbos now see investment in Abuja and the North as high risk following the eviction notice by the so called arewa youths.

Reports indicate a very weary attitude by not just Igbos but southerners in general towards further investments in the North and Abuja.

Many now favour looking homeward as they now worry that even beyond October 1st, Nigeria may never be the same again.
Already prices of properties are beginning to point southward as many look to lessen there exposure to possible eventuality.

Every successful business man know the right time to buy is when the market is down.

Sarrki, APCSupporter .. talk to Jaiz.. land dey Abuja (maitama/asokoro/wuse2) for sale ... Igbo's on the macabre lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youth Quit Notice: Lull In Abuja Property Market As Igbos Weigh Options by sarrki(m): 5:44am On Jun 22, 2017
Let peace reign

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youth Quit Notice: Lull In Abuja Property Market As Igbos Weigh Options by Cooly100: 5:47am On Jun 22, 2017
sarrki:
Let peace reign

Have you ever seen where peace reigned when there is an open injustice, inequality, suppression, and wickedness to sections of the country?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arewa Youth Quit Notice: Lull In Abuja Property Market As Igbos Weigh Options by sarrki(m): 5:48am On Jun 22, 2017
Cooly100:

Have you ever seen where peace reigned when there is an open injustice, inequality, suppression, and wickedness to sections of the country?

Again let peace reign

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youth Quit Notice: Lull In Abuja Property Market As Igbos Weigh Options by Pavore9: 5:56am On Jun 22, 2017
blueseacats:

A balanced view.
Re: Arewa Youth Quit Notice: Lull In Abuja Property Market As Igbos Weigh Options by hahn(m): 6:36am On Jun 22, 2017
blueseacats:

Wow

Bravo!
Re: Arewa Youth Quit Notice: Lull In Abuja Property Market As Igbos Weigh Options by coptic: 6:39am On Jun 22, 2017
That was expected.

Nobody invests in a volatile region.

Even more than their politicians, the northerner youths are the reason for the underdevelopment of the region. No thanks to religious intolerance and extremism.

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youth Quit Notice: Lull In Abuja Property Market As Igbos Weigh Options by oseka101(m): 7:01am On Jun 22, 2017
blueseacats:

nice one arguing with Ipod supporters is like playing chess with a pigeon
Re: Arewa Youth Quit Notice: Lull In Abuja Property Market As Igbos Weigh Options by Nobody: 7:05am On Jun 22, 2017
blueseacats:

May GOD bless you richly...
IF u really meet a sound NORTHERNER , u will understand this story as stated above.

Why is it that the same MARRIAGE principles the Fulani applies to the Poor is not applied when people like BUHARI'S sons/RICH go out to marry their new brides....?

Why is it that, the same ablution done on the roads in the streets before prayers, by the poor muslims not done by the RICH MUSLIMS...?

Why is it that the same AMPUTATION that is carried out on the poor Muslims for stealing not done on the RICH like ABACHA and IBB, who looted the treasury and further impoverished them...?

Why is it that BUHARI's daughters are allowed to study courses of their choice in LONDON and the US rather than studying ISLAMIC studies...in Iraq, Pakistan, Yemen...?

Why is it that the NINJA HIJAB is only applicable to the poor Muslims and not to the daughters of Buhari, Yar adua, Atiku, etc....
So, if the POOR Northerners are enormous in number, then imagine what becomes the security of that place during elections and NYSC...

NORTH has Religion but no Independent Culture.
That's why IMAMS can comfortably order people to be stoned to death for stealing....
No PRIEST dares such in southern Nigeria, because the Land has its laws...

The real truth is that RELIGION and POVERTY ( no exposure, no enlightenment, no education) have done more damage to NIGERIA...which paved way for tribalism.
We are Finished........ cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Youth Quit Notice: Lull In Abuja Property Market As Igbos Weigh Options by xedyl(m): 7:32am On Jun 22, 2017
This marriage should be peacefully dissolved.

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Youth Quit Notice: Lull In Abuja Property Market As Igbos Weigh Options by immobilare(m): 7:49am On Jun 22, 2017
Any smart investor knows that this is the right time to buy up properties. Nigeria will not divide and the biafrans will never get their own country. What happens after the storm? Or when things returns to normal.

Reminds me of a sorry I heard about a smart investor who bought a lot to of people's properties on the cheap after the June 12 elections when people were scared about the continued existence of Nigeria. Even my dad who I thought was brave relocated us to the village. After the crisis brewed over , people returned and life got back to normal. I heard that chap became very wealthy when he decided to resell the properties.

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youth Quit Notice: Lull In Abuja Property Market As Igbos Weigh Options by ShootToKill: 7:51am On Jun 22, 2017
IPOB remains the most intelligent movement in africa. Just see the way they had the zoogerians scampering for safety with the presidency calling for meeting upon meeting.

grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arewa Youth Quit Notice: Lull In Abuja Property Market As Igbos Weigh Options by wristbangle: 7:56am On Jun 22, 2017
blueseacats:

You are a wise man. Very apt comment as you completely nailed it finally at the bolded words.

My friend, I would suggest you create a thread with the caption of an attractive title to envelope these sound words from you.

I bet you will hit FP and your message will hit millions of Nigerians
Re: Arewa Youth Quit Notice: Lull In Abuja Property Market As Igbos Weigh Options by APCsupporter: 8:40am On Jun 22, 2017
TheCabal:

Every successful business man know the right time to buy is when the market is down.

Sarrki, APCSupporter .. talk to Jaiz.. land dey Abuja (maitama/asokoro/wuse2) for sale ... Igbo's on the macabre lipsrsealed
cheesycheesy

please don't kill mecheesy

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youth Quit Notice: Lull In Abuja Property Market As Igbos Weigh Options by APCsupporter: 8:44am On Jun 22, 2017
ScotsReferendum:
Arewa youths thank you for opening the eyes of our people to think Eastwards.

[s]Now let's see how Arewa will ever witness development again[/s]

That's non of your business, Mr developer. you should be more worried about the over-supply that would hit the east

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youth Quit Notice: Lull In Abuja Property Market As Igbos Weigh Options by omenkaLives(m): 8:47am On Jun 22, 2017
APCsupporter:

That's non of your business, Mr developer. you should be more worried about the over-supply that would hit the east
These people matter tire person.

They should move the hell out and stop bothering about how others would be adversely affected by their relocation. Who asked for their empathy?

Na wa o! cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arewa Youth Quit Notice: Lull In Abuja Property Market As Igbos Weigh Options by APCsupporter: 10:13am On Jun 22, 2017
omenkaLives:
These people matter tire person.

They should move the hell out and stop bothering about how others would be adversely affected by their relocation. Who asked for their empathy?

Na wa o! cheesy

I wonder ocheesy. They should just leave. we are tired of their rudeness.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? / Anambra Decides: APC Abandoned Their Slogan. / Everyone Now Lives With His Two Eyes Closed In Nigeria, Minister Tells The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.