Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Nigeria: A Country Where Nothing Works - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: A Country Where Nothing Works (1793 Views)

Nothing Works In Nigeria / Israeli Man Tags Nigeria A "Terrible Country" / Nigeria: A Country Where Government Disobey Court Order - Ifeanyi Ubah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria: A Country Where Nothing Works by babablogger: 6:47am On Jun 22, 2017
I am a Nigerian which I’m proud of but it’s also frustrating to know nothing works in this country.

ELECTRICITY/POWER SUPPLY

I can remember how the masses were promised better electricity every year, but it only seem to get worse, I still don’t get how we supply neighboring countries gas, which they use to provide electricity, while we the supplier can’t boast of uninterrupted power supply.
As a Nigerian we get scared when we use electricity for long hours because we believe or should I say it is known that anytime this happens, it’s a sign we should get our money ready to pay our bills. We only get power supply when it’s time to pay bills.

I see no reason why the government allows power holding/distribution companies send us outrageous bills for power we never consumed. After all we are forced to provide power/electricity ourselves, just because no one can rely on the government to do this.

NIGERIA POLICE FORCE

I will keep writing about how corrupt our men in black are, they shouldn’t take all the blame though because, what do you expect when a man knows if he loses his life in his line of duty, someone in the government will keep his entitlements to himself and his family wouldn’t get a dime. Who would want to leave his family behind to suffer?

What do you expect when they are paid peanuts as salaries? When they are ill equipped? What do you expect when a policeman retires and he has to fight to get his pension?

Yes it’s not always their fault, but it is also theirs for being corrupt, they only care about their pockets. Joining the police force should be something you should do because you have passion for it, but they are forced to join because they can’t get the jobs they really want.

In this country you either take what is available or you starve, but this is no excuse to why these policemen harass citizens, frame innocent masses and sometimes maim citizens without thinking twice about it.

EDUCATION

This is something I think about and I get emotional, my eyes get teary. From secondary schools to Tertiary institutions examination malpractice is what’s in vogue.

Secondary school students no longer study for their O’level exams, because they believe in SPECIAL CENTRES. How will a teenager, who cheated his/her way out of secondary school fair in the university. Well our universities are no different, thanks to the recent improvement from JAMB.

Before now all you needed to get into most Universities in my beloved country was a fat pocket, how can one who cheated into the university cope with academic activities? I wonder.

This brings me to our ever corrupt lecturers, all they care about is “buy my handouts/textbooks and you pass” or the lecturers who accept cash and kind to pass their students (sex included).

You see this circle between lecturers and student is amazing because when the students pay their way through the school, graduates then gets a political appointment or probably in charge of these same lecturers salaries/welfare, well we all know it will result to their former student keeping all the lecturer’s entitlements to himself/herself.

Parents are also to blame for this, they prefer so called special centers for their children/wards to take exams rather then tell them to read and prepare for exams. Still these same sets of parents will say the government is corrupt not knowing they are also building corruption in the hearts of the next government.

JUDICIARY

Justice gets served to the poor (if they are the accused) then the rich can have their way. I was angered yesterday when I heard that Senate President Bukola Saraki was cleared of all his charges, 18 damn charges by the code of conduct bureau (CCB).

When we have corruption in all ramifications of the country all arms, all departments there should be an exception to the judiciary but here we go a corrupt judiciary. I do not have any issue with Bukola Saraki.

I’m no lawyer, but I wonder how possible it is for 18 charges to get dismissed without one sticking, we are in a country where the rich are tried by the media and the poor but the court of law.

On the 24th of March 2016 Sahara Reporters said Senate President Bukola Saraki put a price tag of $2M (two million dollars) to buy off the CCT judge if he agrees to decline jurisdiction or end the case on a technicality. Fourteen months later we can see the result.

I don’t hate my country, I Love Nigeria so much and this is the reason I’m bothered. If we do not try to amend our ways, then the next generation will be something else, we live in a country where when you try fighting corruption, corruption fights back.

I can keep going on reasons we have all failed this beloved country but we keep blaming the government, if I may ask who is the government, who makes up the government?

http://www.babasalami.com/2017/06/nigeria-country-where-nothing-works.html

Re: Nigeria: A Country Where Nothing Works by sunnysunny69(m): 6:49am On Jun 22, 2017
Good write up
Re: Nigeria: A Country Where Nothing Works by ademoladeji(m): 6:54am On Jun 22, 2017
Mingle in the Jungle

Re: Nigeria: A Country Where Nothing Works by Nobody: 6:57am On Jun 22, 2017
But bros .. how you take make this post, na by celestial powers abi Glo/MTN grin
Re: Nigeria: A Country Where Nothing Works by Iamwrath: 7:10am On Jun 22, 2017
What have you contributed to make things work ?

Have you recorded a police officer collecting bribe and sent the video to servicom ?

Do you pay nepa bills or are you one of the ones who use direct connection and use prepaid to decieve NEPA ?

Have you ever volunteered to teach students in your community , just out of free will , not expecting sex from that figure 8 under 17 y/o girl ?

Judiciary nko , did you report or blow whistle for any judge you can confirm was bribed to upturn a case or are you part of the boys always chanting babaoooo e fun mi lowo ?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: A Country Where Nothing Works by IgweBUIKE1(m): 7:15am On Jun 22, 2017
Iamwrath:

Have you recorded a police officer collecting bribe and sent the video to servicom ?

Do you pay nepa bills or are you one of the ones who use direct connection and use prepaid to decieve NEPA ?

Have you ever volunteered to teach students in your community , just out of free will , not expecting sex from that figure 8 under 17 y/o girl ?

Judiciary nko , did you report or blow whistle for any judge you can confirm was bribed to upturn a case or are you part of the boys always chanting babaoooo e fun mi lowo ?
have you done this yourself?
Re: Nigeria: A Country Where Nothing Works by calberian: 7:16am On Jun 22, 2017
Iamwrath:

Have you recorded a police officer collecting bribe and sent the video to servicom ?[b/]

[b] Judiciary nko , did you report or blow whistle for any judge you can confirm was bribed to upturn a case or are you part of the boys always chanting babaoooo e fun mi lowo ?

Do you really mean these or you're just kidding?

What of the numerous witness cases, video cases and whistleblowing cases including the one not too long ago that culminated in the return of corrupt judges to their respective courts?

I think you should apologise to the OP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: A Country Where Nothing Works by policy12: 7:18am On Jun 22, 2017
Nothing we work,

when we have looters as leaders,

When we have legislooters as legislators:

When we have Judisharing as judiciary,

When we have executhieves as executives,

When we have money conscious society than idea conscious.

When we have foolhardy followers rather than fool proof followers.

When we have more religious houses than hospital or schools.

When we the most beautiful worship centre than our schools or hospitals.

When we have people that will rather die for a leader/looters who careless about them even without cause.

When we have youths who prefer to be slay King/Queen than to take the bull by the horn like Macron of France.

When we have youth who are divided along religious, ethnicity and tribal path.

When we have leaders who do not feel our mourning but rather share our money.

When we prefer to build an individual than building an institution.

When our mentality is limited to our environment rather than building an empire.
Re: Nigeria: A Country Where Nothing Works by Iamwrath: 7:19am On Jun 22, 2017
calberian:
[/b]

I think you should apologise to the OP

Why should i ? i asked a question, that's not an insult
Re: Nigeria: A Country Where Nothing Works by Kondomatic(m): 7:20am On Jun 22, 2017
Iamwrath:

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: A Country Where Nothing Works by Iamwrath: 7:23am On Jun 22, 2017
IgweBUIKE1:
have you done this yourself?

I don't like to brag, i have done what i can , NEPA wise, Tutoring wise , and NPF wise, i don't know judges , i hate courts , lawyers and judges so if i found anyone ,i'll blow 20 whistles at the same time, EFCC,DSS,ICPC,NPF, e.t.c.e.t.c
Re: Nigeria: A Country Where Nothing Works by calberian: 7:28am On Jun 22, 2017
Iamwrath:

Why should i ? i asked a question, that's not an insult

This the theory section.

Question 1 below your 1st comment carries 20marks and is optional.

Question 2 below your 2nd comment carries 45marks and is compulsory.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: A Country Where Nothing Works by Litmus: 8:00am On Jun 22, 2017
Iamwrath:

Precisely.

Incidentally, in the area we once lived in Nigeria, my senior brothers used to gather children (the willing and, uh, unwilling grin ), sit them beneath the canopy of the huge mango tree in the compound, and taught basic grammar, arithmetic and geography. But my seniors attitude owed much to my parents enlightened life's philosophy and not the prevalent Village Mentality of too many Nigerians. An example of Village mentality is one that frowns on charity, for instance, as being Foolish (I don't mean generosity, Nigerians are generous but generosity is a different attitude) . This is why it makes perfect sense to many that Delta oil, if it could be helped, should be for Deltans alone and not all Nigerians. Indeed, if it could be helped, the oil would be for the benefit alone of the community, village or individual whose backyard the oil is drilled. Village mentality is the, kernel, the root, the driving force pulling for that part of National Restructuring which effectively aims to trap millions of Nigerians in poverty and hopelessness because they just happen to be born in essentially unproductive regions of the nation. Oh, yes, absolutely, the orientation of too many of our people is informed by this Village Mentality. This means that the average Nigerian in employment is exploitative of the system and automatically plots the path to personal aggrandizement in all its manifestation. He/she is unlikely to also adopt the "FOOLISH" attitude of working to improve the institution that employs them for the benefit of all or even for the sake of professionalism and personal pride .
Re: Nigeria: A Country Where Nothing Works by mars123(m): 8:29am On Jun 22, 2017
When Nigerians choose to get better, Nigeria will be better. It really is as simple or as hard as that. The politicians truthfully, are mere pawns played by God.

The evil that goes on in this nation, to your fellow man, if you're conscious about it, is beyond heartbreaking but somehow, we are used to it.

How then can you stupidly be expecting progress when you are surrounded by people, far and near, who do not have a progressive mindset, who cannot even be fair and just in this Nigeria as currently constituted.
Re: Nigeria: A Country Where Nothing Works by IgweBUIKE1(m): 9:56am On Jun 22, 2017
Iamwrath:

I don't like to brag, i have done what i can , NEPA wise, Tutoring wise , and NPF wise, i don't know judges , i hate courts , lawyers and judges so if i found anyone ,i'll blow 20 whistles at the same time, EFCC,DSS,ICPC,NPF, e.t.c.e.t.c
weldone bro the

(1) (Reply)

The True Origin Of The Name Biafra And The Kingdom / Voice Of The People Is Voice Of God:90% Of Nigerian Want Ochibanjo Remove As VP / Primary School Pupils Shout "Sai Baba" On Seeing PDP Campaign Vehicle.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.