Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood (46518 Views)

Armed Robbers Invade A Home In Abuja, Captured On CCTV (video) / Lockdown: Robbers Invade Lagos, Ogun Communities / Armed Robbers Invade Police Barrack In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by dust144(m): 12:54pm On Jun 22, 2017
Have four of your neighbours phone numbers,
Have a whistle
Pray before you sleep

4 Likes

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by james1(m): 12:54pm On Jun 22, 2017
Great tip but one should also pray.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 22, 2017
Quick prayer thanking god for the opportunity.

And then go to work maiming and sending motherfers to the great beyond.

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 22, 2017
dust144:
Have four of your neighbours phone numbers,
Have a whistle
Pray before you sleep

This except the pray part.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by SmartyPants(m): 12:56pm On Jun 22, 2017
In a country like Nigeria, every household should possess a firearm. It is actually legal if licensed so i have no idea why people don't have them.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 22, 2017
HeOrShe:
The best way to welcome a robber is to tell ur daughter to go totally naked and open d door for the robber as u hide behind d door with big wood or weapon

Don't fail to hit the head first.

A man is instantly confused and lost to see a naked girl in his front..

Take advantage.

Robbers go in group my friend.
Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 22, 2017
Taniaa:
Dully Noted.
Robbers don full towns ooooo
Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I know I will find you here.when you get those riffles in Nigeria,please don't forget to get some for me too.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 22, 2017
SoldierBoy1:
Nice tips... God's with my family and my dad and we the four boys are armed army men

"unless the Lord protects the city those who stand guard labor in vain"
Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by RaptorX: 1:09pm On Jun 22, 2017
What about thieves that cut your burglary proof and enter while ransacking the whole house stealing money laptops, phones and everybody was fast asleep nobody woke up until they are gone. Even all the noise from cutting the burglary proof and ransacking the whole house and entering every room, everybody about 8 people all slept through it. This happened to a friend of mine maybe they use jazz or sleeping gas nobody knows.
Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by InvertedHammer: 1:12pm On Jun 22, 2017
Keep a gallon of fuel and lighter ready. Splash them and light them up. No jazz or whatever can withstand 3rd degree burn.
Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 22, 2017
Obeying these tips will go a long way to save a lot of people from avoidable deaths. However, when something goes wrong with the victim on a robbery case that involves the police, I hope they won't blame it on "not following our tips", forgetting that they themselves are notorious for extraordinary incompetence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 22, 2017
Me I don't worry
Some technic when shooting in pitch black,
1. Never waste bullets shoot to kill, your eyes are adjusted to the dark in your house and you know the layout they don't
2. Keep moving after each shot the muzzle flash gives away your position, one shot one kill move to another location another shot another kill move again

3. Stay low beneath windows

4. Make sure your family are in the bathroom laying face down in the tub or beneath the sink

5. When they retreat outside follow , but stay low and aim ahead towards the direction they are running

6. Always keep at least 2 spare magazines and a box of bullets in the house

7. Breath , stay calm think of your family then aim, shoot between each exhale makes it easier to manage kick back shock for newbies

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by bonifieldstun(m): 1:16pm On Jun 22, 2017
joyAA:

That is assuming that it's only one person robbing. What if the robber(s) issa woman
lol then u tell your son to go to the door NAKED lol
Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by RaptorX: 1:16pm On Jun 22, 2017
InvertedHammer:
Keep a gallon of fuel and lighter ready. Splash them and light them up. No jazz or whatever can withstand 3rd degree burn.
You must have been watching too many Hollywood movies.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by IBreakRules: 1:31pm On Jun 22, 2017
Ighoga898:
since I was born and now I am getting old I have never witnessed robbery..
Thanks to God for covering me in his grace.
same here.
on several occasions, I leave the area before the show down.
it can only be His grace.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by kjhova(m): 1:43pm On Jun 22, 2017
BrainnewsNg:

6. If you have a gun, registered or not, use it but only if you’re sure you will do damage. This isn’t the time for warning shots! Killing an intruder on your premises in defence of yourself and property is a legitimate legal defence. Same goes for the use of any other weapon e.g. knives.

No. 6 is a dicey one as killing armed robbers can have deadly repercussions. The fellow you killed may just be so dear to the gang enough to cause them to mobilize for a revenge visit.
Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by wale377(m): 1:45pm On Jun 22, 2017
Some armed robbers are even reading it
Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 1:46pm On Jun 22, 2017
lestat:
Me I don't worry
Some technic when shooting in pitch black,
1. Never waste bullets shoot to kill, your eyes are adjusted to the dark in your house and you know the layout they don't
2. Keep moving after each shot the muzzle flash gives away your position, one shot one kill move to another location another shot another kill move again

3. Stay low beneath windows

4. Make sure your family are in the bathroom laying face down in the tub or beneath the sink

5. When they retreat outside follow , but stay low and aim ahead towards the direction they are running

6. Always keep at least 2 spare magazines and a box of bullets in the house

7. Breath , stay calm think of your family then aim, shit between each exhale makes it easier to manage kick back shock for newbies

I really like this.
thanks bruh.
I've been robbed once during my school days and it wasn't funny. after collecting my phones, laptop and 58k (which was a lotta money back then in 2013) the bastards proceeded to match me on my back.
I intend to get a gun wen I rent a new house soon. do you have any idea on the procedures?
Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by babythug(f): 1:48pm On Jun 22, 2017
Additional tips:

Rid your compound of items that can be used to break in-shovels, huge stones, machetes etc etc

Where possible invest in a dog(s)! It will at least keep residents alert in the event that there are intruders.

Keep beds as far from the Windows as possible it'll deter assailants from hurting sleeping residents in thier attempts to break in.

Do not charge gadgets near the window. Petty thieves are known to cut through nets and burglar proof bars to pick these gadgets.

For those who live on the ground floor ensure windows are locked overnight. Bear the heat or invest in rechargeable fans! Also double check your burglary proof bars as much as you can

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by Reference(m): 1:49pm On Jun 22, 2017
Hmmm....one of those jewel posts hidden amongst much rubble. A geniune treasure trove of info. Now let me use two devices to pick useful points:

Firstly ma'am, are you sure this is from the police and us the legit, universal view of the entire police organisation because there are a couple that raise the eyebrow and should be taken with caution as in !!!CAUTION!!! So:

1. Fact. But ultimately you have to balance security and safety as the kitchen is the number one place for fire harzard and thd kitchen door is often termed as the 'fire escape'/ alternative route out. Fire escapes by nature should be axacessible and have a maximum of one lock action. The last place you want barriers. I suggest a single solid armoured door with multiple hinges and triple locks.

2. Totally agree. If the felons recognise a built in obstruction like an armoured door they are likely going away or through another route. However if they perceive it was obstructed then you are done for. Remember, the vast majority of robberies are executed on premises the assailants are familiar with so they most likely know where to breach. Donot surprise them without a solid plan that leaves no room for failure.

3. For women particularly, this goes without saying and must be the number one nightmare for most families with women and adult relations and helps. But how can you persuade an african woman living in the tropics with poor utilities to buckle it while asleep. To make matters worse the vast majority of clothes they wear are notoriously difficult to wear quickly with zips and straps in odd, unreachable places and if you are host to tight fitting wardrobes then its double jeopardy.

4. The phone calling thing has never been to my taste at all. It works well abroad because there are dedicated lines with well recognised numbers manned by professionals waiting for exactly that kind of call and have the resources to respond accurately. In Nigeria am afraid the police gives out all sorts of numbers every six months which work for a while and are tossed, randomly crafted numbers you could never ever get your head around especially after a few beers and aspirin to hack the hangover. And if by strange luck you get through the response team is probably across town some thirty miles away simply because the structure of our policing does not recognise concentric areas of operations and localised authority. The big guns, intelligent, daredevil cops and fast patrol vehicles are probably under 'state headquarters' control. And in a state like Cross-River or Taraba this could be 5 hours away. We need county (local goverment) controlled policing with full resources....pie in the sky....

5. Yep, throw the power switch....but make sure the CCTV, panic alarm system and other critical devices are not on this circuit (which lazily often are). Also remember they are coming at night so they have an visual edge. Makes theirs worse, not yours if for instance you are afraid of the dark and sleep with the lights on.

6. No comment. Not sure what the law says and whether this is legit police policy. But remember this. The choice weapon of most robbers these days is the AK. Depending on the ammo, it can deliver a round at between 600 to 900 metres per second. Most houses are no bigger than 20 metres across and compounds about 30 metres. That is a lot of damage in a small space (that is why robberies are more bloody than military assaults). I suggest before retrieving your weapon, you put on a flak jacket and make sure your household is as flat on the floor as a pancake. There is no point in killing a robber only to lose a family member to incidental gunfire. Its not worth it. Only use weapons when you have credible intel that that robbery will result in a bloodbath. e.g herdsmen menace.

7. Agreed...iincluding the wife ?!"?*"''&?....cos you cannot give them everything. Just say property.

8. Agreed, cos like I said earlier, most robberies are territorial and actors are likely known in the vicinity or by some relationship.

9. Are you nuts...you just escaped with your life. Don't even think about it except there is an abduction and even then just to identify the vehicle of escape and route taken. No more.

10. Like I said, calls to the police depend on the territory. The quality of policing across thd country is not uniform and in some cases you may just be wasting youf time or worse exposing yourself to blow backs. However be your neighbours keeper if you have these assets at your disposal. Share security devices, protocols and other resources.

11. Seen this before..... have motion sensors to give you more time to prepare....especially 3 which has no solution.

12. Yeah, agreed. I mean what hapless gang will all invade a house without outside watch/backup. Once again, only with the threat of genocide should you take extreme measures. No substance, property or belonging is worth it.

5 Likes

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 22, 2017
PerfectlyPerfect:

I really like this.
thanks bruh.
I've been robbed once during my school days and it wasn't funny. after collecting my phones, laptop and 58k (which was a lotta money back then in 2013) the bastards proceeded to match me on my back.
I intend to get a gun wen I rent a new house soon. do you have any idea on the procedures?

Yeah the licence isn't expensive it's less than 30k but the guns are

12 guage single barrel is 370k

Glock pistol 260k

These are the ones I know ...

If you really need a hook up I will connect you with an officer who will handle all

Training fees are to be discussed with the officer who will know when the next cp course guys are going to the range

You can always gets everything from mavaclavas to semi autos cheap on the streets for as low as 50k but these are unlicensed weapons I wouldn't advise it ..

But if you live in a high risk environment where robbery is the norm then better go for it esp if you have a family .

I say shoot first ask later
Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by davillian(m): 1:58pm On Jun 22, 2017
How to save your self from all the tips.
1)have a boerbeol/bullmastiff in your compound.
Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by davillian(m): 2:06pm On Jun 22, 2017
1)have a beast in the compound.
2)if they manage to kill the dog they will leave because they have created awareness them self.

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by SoldierBoy1(m): 2:08pm On Jun 22, 2017
Pidgin2:

True talk Sis smiley
Pidgin2:

True talk Sis
Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by frugal(m): 2:09pm On Jun 22, 2017
Legalize the use of fireams, and robbery cases will drop to the barest. But sadly, this is Nigeria where we can't manage anything.
Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by SoldierBoy1(m): 2:09pm On Jun 22, 2017
davillian:
2)if they manage to kill the dog they will leave because they have created awareness them self.
This dog mad ooo

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by enigma2007(m): 2:19pm On Jun 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Abi o! Free shooting season!

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by NevetsIbot(m): 2:19pm On Jun 22, 2017
All I need is to find a thief who'll get distracted. I'll kill him or them.

remembering how my infant baby sister was flung under a heavy bed so she could suffocate to death by those thieves that visited us in 2001. babe was barely 7months. all cos she was crying!

If I get a chance, I'll kill any thief
Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by enigma2007(m): 2:21pm On Jun 22, 2017
lestat:

Yeah the licence isn't expensive it's less than 30k but the guns are

12 guage single barrel is 370k

Glock pistol 260k

These are the ones I know ...

If you really need a hook up I will connect you with an officer who will handle all

Training fees are to be discussed with the officer who will know when the next cp course guys are going to the range

You can always gets everything from mavaclavas to semi autos cheap on the streets for as low as 50k but these are unlicensed weapons I wouldn't advise it ..

But if you live in a high risk environment where robbery is the norm then better go for it esp if you have a family .

I say shoot first ask later

I am also interested bro!
Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by SAMAYODELE(m): 2:21pm On Jun 22, 2017
davillian:
What happens if the beast is chained at the time of robbery? I'm guessing you cant give a dog 100% freedom for the sake of your visitors

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pandemonium As Two Ladies Fight In Public After Heated Quarrel. Photos / Police Reacts Over The Killing Of Malaysia-Based Nigerian In Owerri. Pictured / AY Ayoade Akinnibosun: How Saraki Communicated With Us - Offa Robbery Gang Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.