Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful (3600 Views)

3 Major Reasons Atiku Case Was Thrown Out Of Tribunal / Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany / Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by mrvitalis(m): 11:57am On Jun 22, 2017
macluvph1:

That is your mentality, form a political party in Nigeria so that you people will mess him up with chronic urchin election fraudsters personnels you call INEC(independent national electoral commission) sorry(Dependent national electoral commission).

No be today we begin see your porous entity Nigeria.

If an idea is popular even if they rig he will still win ....that's the truth

Except he is not really popular ...that's the simple truth ...

Wike ,Lagos ,kano, buhari ,Rocha's (first term ) are prove to that
Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by PFRB: 12:00pm On Jun 22, 2017
kolafolabi:
Ipob should remember what civil war caused them. It must not repeat itself.

Say no to war.

Who will fight who? ? ?
Which army will fight which army? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by ChimaAdeoye: 2:06pm On Jun 22, 2017
cjrane:

Treating Igbo as second class citizens in a country they fought for its independence is the reason why Igbo must leave Nigeria. It has nothing to do with IPOB or Nnamdi Kanu.

Those that have conspired to marginalize Igbos using the centralized command system of Federal Government of Nigeria know this is the issue, but they are pretending about it and deceiving themselves calling it IPOB or Kanu. Concentrating on the symptom or reaction of the people to not just calling them 5% but treating them as 0.5% is another level of deceit. I personally support Kanu because he has no qualms to speak truth to power, unlike Ohaneze old men.

I am glad those people pretending they don't know why Igbos would want to leave a slave-like situation in Nigeria to continue with the deceit because by the time they agree to do something about the structure of Nigeria, more people would have been convinced it is too late to be in Nigeria.

Nigeria is a fraud.
That is why everybody is tired of living in a fraudulent system

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by Michael004: 3:23pm On Jun 22, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

We respected you guys by avoiding your thread

Afonja like you should respect us by avoiding this thread

Must you poke nose

Besides is SS a tribe

Afonja, mention your tribe
Why should I avoid it when you were saying a transparent fat lie. Who does that? Even my friend nneamaka I called that was in owerri was not happy because he couldn't go out to do his work. Asked him why, he said they will attack them. You forced pop to sit at home come they talk rubbish here. Blatant lair. Leave afonja out of this and stop lying up and down. Must you attach by force?
Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by Michael004: 3:49pm On Jun 22, 2017
Freemancipation:

So because you and some people went to work that day means that others didn't comply to the sit at home?
Comply ko, compete ni. Banks and other companies should have closed down then cos they want to sit at home. Was just reading all una lies that day and expecting report from those south South part, only for you to start posting pictures of imo, anambra, enugu, and Abia pic here.
Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by Hopeful20100: 4:01pm On Jun 22, 2017
Freemancipation:
1) They are not diplomatic. Diplomacy doesn't work in Nigeria and they learnt that lesson from the experiences of MASSOB that tried diplomacy so many years and failed.

2) They don't spend too much time online arguing.They are actually engaged with people and communities on the grassroots level. That's why the movement keeps growing regardless of how many anti-Biafra propaganda is online.

3) They are willing to lay down their lives for their beliefs.

4) They have been cultivating strong international and diaspora support.

5) They present strong arguments to their convictions and engage in intellectual debates.

6) The massive failure of Nigeria in all aspect of its existence including but not limited to its political and economic sphere.

OP....you missed these

7. They are truthful with their cause and fearless.
8. They are well organized. Never seen a well organized movement like IPOB in my life...rarely a mistake by human error. Go and watch Nnamdi Kanu recent gathering and see how they organize themselves, their own security, not only to protect Nnamdi Kanu, also to ensure orderliness

3 Likes

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by macluvph1(m): 4:39pm On Jun 22, 2017
mrvitalis:

If an idea is popular even if they rig he will still win ....that's the truth

Except he is not really popular ...that's the simple truth ...

Wike ,Lagos ,kano, buhari ,Rocha's (first term ) are prove to that

mrvitalis, i say it again.read my lips"WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR NIGERIA ELECTION"

2 Likes

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 22, 2017
ScotsReferendum:
Biafra must start developing a blueprint for a new educational/infrastructural/constitutional systems that will transform Biafra into a first world nation in few years.

As we implement True Federalism amongst our ethnic nations, we must implement this blueprint also.

https://www.nairaland.com/3843682/expert-development-economics-ask-me
Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by mrvitalis(m): 4:46pm On Jun 22, 2017
macluvph1:

mrvitalis, i say it again.read my lips"WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR NIGERIA ELECTION"
First of all there is no ''WE''. ...no body knows u ..it just making noise .

Only people who have the mandate of the people can speak for them and the people with Igbo mandate have not requested for Biafra ..and I as Igbo am happy they have not

Why should government listen to KANU and not listen to me that don't want Biafra ...

If u think his idea is more popular than my let's contest election that's how sensible people go about things like this
Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by xtgozie(m): 4:51pm On Jun 22, 2017
mrvitalis:
The only reason ipob is growing are simple

Igbo's hate to lose ...after seeing their candidate lose the 2015 election most became frustrated and never wanted to be under buhari even if it means breaking Nigeria

Igbos love hope without caring about the possibility of what u promised them ..that's y u see most of my people sheepishly over religious ...believing it will lead to a better place

Nnamdi KANU tell them what they want to hear ( Igbo's are been marginalized, they don't want us to rule ,we are hated ,if we are on our own we will progress more ) even tho there is no single fact to prove this ...non at all

Igbo's are too emotional and ipob work on the emotions of Igbo's and that makes them aggressive and insensitive to logical argument ..that's not in line with what KANU says

My people are actually very smart ..and that's the way to get across this ...if u can get KANU to a debate ...a 2 hours debate ...that will expose all his lies and exgerated truth and one sided story then Igbo's will begin to have a rethink of his sayings ...now they see him as perfect and almost worship him ...just show his imperfections and leave the rest

An average igbo man is not emotional, we are very very objective, once we set our mind, it's set.

3 Likes

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by macluvph1(m): 5:11pm On Jun 22, 2017
mrvitalis:

First of all there is no ''WE''. ...no body knows u ..it just making noise .

Only people who have the mandate of the people can speak for them and the people with Igbo mandate have not requested for Biafra ..and I as Igbo am happy they have not

Why should government listen to KANU and not listen to me that don't want Biafra ...

If u think his idea is more popular than my let's contest election that's how sensible people go about things like this

mrvitalis who and who have the igbo mandate or are you telling me about people that bought there way in and people that were selected not elected to represent us. Don't worry Anambra election is by the corner. we will teach you people what IPOB is capable of doing.

We don't tolerate medicrity.

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by mrvitalis(m): 5:58pm On Jun 22, 2017
macluvph1:

mrvitalis who and who have the igbo mandate or are you telling me about people that bought there way in and people that were selected not elected to represent us. Don't worry Anambra election is by the corner. we will teach you people what IPOB is capable of doing.

We don't tolerate medicrity.

That's not the matter ...u can't stand for igbos unless u are elected to do so ...that's simple logic
Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by mrvitalis(m): 6:01pm On Jun 22, 2017
xtgozie:

An average igbo man is not emotional, we are very very objective, once we set our mind, it's set.

A simple study of nairaland will prove otherwise ...

See how we took Jonathan lose

See how we took rejection of south east developmental bill ( even tho it was our fault)

Bro igbos are too emotional that's the truth ...we just want everything to go our way or nothing
Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by EnuguDadImoMom: 6:11pm On Jun 22, 2017
simplyhonest:

thanks... they are steps in the right direction... once again, congratulations
The main one is that, it has united Igbos. The Igbo nation has never been united like this. I may be wrong though, but 30th May touched the lives of many Igbo people.

2 Likes

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by KratosCorp: 6:14pm On Jun 22, 2017
I now see why so many people here see you as an impostor.

I guess I was wrong all along insisting that you are from the East.

This post just betrayed the fact that you are not an igbo man. Or at very best you were not fathered by an igbo man. And most likely, you were neither born nor brought up in igbo land.

But it takes a mental im.becile to claim that Igbos are not marginalized in Nigeria, and still have the effrontry to call the claim a fact.

Again, if IPOB was as a result of GEJ's loss (although it was publicly against GEJ), what then was the reason for MASSOB?

What was the reason for Biafran war as far back as 1967?

The fact that South East is the only region with 5 states is not marginalization?

The fact that it has the least local government is not marginalization?

The fact that it gets the least resource allocatuon is not marginalization?

The fact that there is little or zero active federal infastructure in the region is not marginalization?

The fact that some drunks can wake up one morning and call igbos guests in Nigeria is not an issue?

The fact that igbos are the only tribe that has been getting massacred in ROUTINE since 1945 in nothern region is not an issue?

So it is not an issue that a certain Oba woke up one morning and threatend igbos with massacre and reminded them that they were guests in that part of Nigeria?

You must be terribly sick not to see these issues and marginalizations that are lined up against the igbo.

mrvitalis:

Igbo's hate to lose ...after seeing their candidate lose the 2015 election most became frustrated and never wanted to be under buhari even if it means breaking Nigeria

Igbos love hope without caring about the possibility of what u promised them ..that's y u see most of my people sheepishly over religious ...believing it will lead to a better place

Nnamdi KANU tell them what they want to hear ( Igbo's are been marginalized, they don't want us to rule ,we are hated ,if we are on our own we will progress more ) even tho there is no single fact to prove this ...non at all

Igbo's are too emotional and ipob work on the emotions of Igbo's and that makes them aggressive and insensitive to logical argument ..that's not in line with what KANU says

My people are actually very smart ..and that's the way to get across this ...if u can get KANU to a debate ...a 2 hours debate ...that will expose all his lies and exgerated truth and one sided story then Igbo's will begin to have a rethink of his sayings ...now they see him as perfect and almost worship him ...just show his imperfections and leave the rest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by jakiedudu(m): 6:22pm On Jun 22, 2017
The op is right. It has been proving time and time again that the only language Nigerian govt understand very well is civil agitation and demonstration. Thread the part of diplomacy and nobody will take you serious just like previous confab reports. Confabs of 1994, 2005 and 20014 was an avenue for Nigerians to chart a new course for Nigeria diplomatically. But what happened to it? All reports where thrown into the trash can. With this history of non challant attitude to diplomacy who will want to thread this path again? That is why I don't blame Nnamdi Kanu at all. Nigerian govt only understand one language - violence. What a babaric country. Diplomacy is long dead in Nigeria since 1966.

3 Likes

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by mrvitalis(m): 6:30pm On Jun 22, 2017
KratosCorp:
I now see why so many people here see you as an impostor.

I guess I was wrong all along insisting that you are from the East.

This post just betrayed the fact that you are not an igbo man. Or at very best you were not fathered by an igbo man. And most likely, you were neither born nor brought up in igbo land.

But it takes a mental im.becile to claim that Igbos are not marginalized in Nigeria, and still have the effrontry to call the claim a fact.

Again, if IPOB was as a result of GEJ's loss (although it was publicly against GEJ), what then was the reason for MASSOB?

What was the reason for Biafran war as far back as 1967?

The fact that South East is the only region with 5 states is not marginalization?

The fact that it has the least local government is not marginalization?

The fact that it gets the least resource allocatuon is not marginalization?

The fact that there is little or zero active federal infastructure in the region is not marginalization?

The fact that some drunks can wake up one morning and call igbos guests in Nigeria is not an issue?

The fact that igbos are the only tribe that has been getting massacred in ROUTINE since 1945 in nothern region is not an issue?

So it is not an issue that a certain Oba woke up one morning and threatend igbos with massacre and reminded them that they were guests in that part of Nigeria?

You must be terribly sick not to see these issues and marginalizations that are lined up against the igbo.

First of all I am Igbo and I don't care if u believe or not ..

Honestly I don't see anyway to say igbos are specially marginalized bro ..I still can't see it ...we are smaller than Oyo state ,less than half of Niger state or even bronu...yet we have five States ...and receive allocation per square meters higher than any region

What region has better federal present than the east about from south south

When we demand and demand what do even even contribute to what is shared every month

We need to need to look inward and forget outsiders ...we get what is due to us according to the constitution ...

If we want extra then we must work for it ...west voted Jonathan ,he gave them nothing in appointment and project ...did they complain?? No or cry everywhere?? All they did was to marge and vote him out

Even if ur complaining we are marginalized... Our leaders have played key role in any government from 1999 to 2015...so u see the fault is our leaders ..until we learn to chose good leaders who can play Democratic politics well don't expecrt anything that is not constitutionally due to us

If I become president I can budget all Nigerian budget to develop mbaise ...that's my right I will not be breaking any rule ..

Marginalization is when any south east state is denied ministerial appointment, monthly allocation ,NDA slot ,ambassador slot ..things that is our right ...that's what is called marginalization

If a president is not doing enough project in ur area don't vote him in the next election that's the best u can do .and lobby with other region to vote him out
Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by KratosCorp: 6:51pm On Jun 22, 2017
You are actually very delusional.

Since when did it become equitable to share resources based on land mass?

Arguing with you is just pure madness.

And the fact that you spew your falsehoods (and pass off your warped opinion as fact) makes the whole thing so disgusting.

Even an i.diot knows that the population of Anambra state alone is more than two times bigger than that of Niger state.

[s]
mrvitalis:

Honestly I don't see anyway to say igbos are specially marginalized bro ..I still can't see it ...we are smaller than Oyo state ,less than half of Niger state or even bronu...yet we have five States ...and receive allocation per square meters higher than any region

When we demand and demand what do even even contribute to what is shared every month

We need to need to look inward and forget outsiders ...we get what is due to us according to the constitution ...

If we want extra then we must work for it ...west voted Jonathan ,he gave them nothing in appointment and project ...did they complain?? No or cry everywhere?? All they did was to marge and vote him out

Even if ur complaining we are marginalized... Our leaders have played key role in any government from 1999 to 2015...so u see the fault is our leaders ..until we learn to chose good leaders who can play Democratic politics well don't expecrt anything that is not constitutionally due to us

If I become president I can budget all Nigerian budget to develop mbaise ...that's my right I will not be breaking any rule ..

Marginalization is when any south east state is denied ministerial appointment, monthly allocation ,NDA slot ,ambassador slot ..things that is our right ...that's what is called marginalization

If a president is not doing enough project in ur area don't vote him in the next election that's the best u can do .and lobby with other region to vote him out
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by Michael004: 7:24pm On Jun 22, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

We respected you guys by avoiding your thread

Afonja like you should respect us by avoiding this thread

Must you poke nose

Besides is SS a tribe

Afonja, mention your tribe
What do you want to use my tribe for? To buy World Trade Centre?
Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by mrvitalis(m): 7:38pm On Jun 22, 2017
KratosCorp:

And the fact that you spew your falsehoods (and pass off your warped opinion as fact) makes the whole thing so disgusting.

Even an i.diot knows that the population of Anambra state alone is more than two times bigger than that of Niger state.

[s][/s]

If ur not satisfied with something there is a way to go about it ...

We elect leaders that think different from we and expect to be taken serious
Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by fastjett: 1:38am On Jun 23, 2017
Oga I think the best thing you can ever do to yourself is to go back school and start from Primary 4. I don't see any sense in what u wrote here. So you believe allocation is to be shared base on land mass and not on the real population. Make una dey fera God small abeg.
mrvitalis:

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by Nonaira1: 1:55am On Jun 23, 2017
Freemancipation:
1) They are not diplomatic. Diplomacy doesn't work in Nigeria and they learnt that lesson from the experiences of MASSOB that tried diplomacy so many years and failed.

2) They don't spend too much time online arguing.They are actually engaged with people and communities on the grassroots level. That's why the movement keeps growing regardless of how many anti-Biafra propaganda is online.

5) They present strong arguments to their convictions and engage in intellectual debates.

6) The massive failure of Nigeria in all aspect of its existence including but not limited to its political and economic sphere.

My biggest love for IPOB is the bold. They are not on Social media or the media ranting rather they are in the grassroots working hard to influence others to join them. Hence no matter the amount of propaganda on them, it does not seem to decrease their population. Like for example: we see all the "We aren't Biafra" stories from "SS elders, etc" yet the amount of elders/personal from SS visiting him seem to increase with each passing day. I even read recently that a bunch of Bayelsan elders visited him and gave him a sword as a gift despite all the propaganda. The same situation with Igbo. Despite calling his supporters illiterates, unemployed, poor, etc, the amount of support his getting from Igbo is tremendous and it's increasing by the day. They have every Igbo talking about Biafra and about them. The thing that was a taboo to speak about became interest likewise, started this surge to read history. I've seen an increase of Igbo kids reading about the Biafran history as well as Nigerian history. That's the difference between them and other biafran agitators group. I find IPOB work amazing. One thing I equally love is the recent concept of them and Massob working together. I love that considering in the beginning they were both on eachother's throat. Hopefully, in the future, they'll engage the rest of the Biafran groups like Billie, BIM, etc. I think if all of the Biafran agitators start working together, the actualization of Biafra would go further than what IPOB have pushed it to.

3 Likes

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by Dedetwo(m): 2:04am On Jun 23, 2017
simplyhonest:
Pls list the successes of IPOB

Today, any fool can wear the T-Shirt inscribed with Biafra insignia and fly Biafran flag openly without harassment. IPOB succeeded in bringing certain parts of Nigeria to a standstill recently.

2 Likes

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by ScotsReferendum: 2:11am On Jun 23, 2017
KratosCorp:

[s][/s]
fastjett

Mrvitalis is not an Igbo man

Don't be deceived by all these failed Hausa Fulani spies

No reasonable human being will ask that resources be shared based on land instead of population.

Only the criminalized North that insists on sharing resources based on land instead of population

So you don't need to look far to know he is a Hausa Fulani spy pretending to be Igbo

He has been bursted several times
Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by Yyeske(m): 3:09am On Jun 23, 2017
Continue with the hate, just remind your friends and relatives to vacate the north before deadline to avoid story that touches, I've been calling everyone I know.
Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by ScotsReferendum: 3:31am On Jun 23, 2017
Yyeske:
Continue with the hate, just remind your friends and relatives to vacate the north before deadline to avoid story that touches, I've been calling everyone I know.

That is our prayer so that the economy of the North will crash

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by kernel505: 5:05am On Jun 23, 2017
mrvitalis:

Is Jonathan an Igbo man? As one of three major ethnicity in Nigeria, are they prohibited from being president?, when last did Igbo man became president, or you think we're fools.

Which country in this world isn't emotional, kill there citizens and expect them to be logical with you. Abiola's death wasn't emotional in Yoruba land sha?

2 Likes

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by victorDanladi: 5:29am On Jun 23, 2017
Freemancipation:

Their master, GEJ ,also failed at the poll.so,they think that is the end of the world.
Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by mrvitalis(m): 6:02am On Jun 23, 2017
kernel505:

Is Jonathan an Igbo man? As one of three major ethnicity in Nigeria, are they prohibited from being president?, when last did Igbo man became president, or you think we're fools.

Which country in this world isn't emotional, kill there citizens and expect them to be logical with you. Abiola's death wasn't emotional in Yoruba land sha?

We have never being president cos we haven't played our politics well enough....

We dashed our chance to Jonathan ...now we cry ??
Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by mrvitalis(m): 6:07am On Jun 23, 2017
ScotsReferendum:
fastjett

Mrvitalis is not an Igbo man

Don't be deceived by all these failed Hausa Fulani spies

No reasonable human being will ask that resources be shared based on land instead of population.

Only the criminalized North that insists on sharing resources based on land instead of population

So you don't need to look far to know he is a Hausa Fulani spy pretending to be Igbo

He has been bursted several times

First of all I never said resources should be shared in terms of land mass ,...what am saying is this based on our small land mass ..and the allocation we receive ...developing our region should not be too hard

We need to accept and face the fact that our leaders are the main problem first and Major problem we have and not the Nigerian state ..

Once we fix our leadership ...the rest will fall in line

We need to have leaders that will tell a sitting president ...if u don't fix this and DAT don't bother coming to the south east to campaign ....give the president conditions ...once we do that for 2 or 3 elections every one will take us serious

If am not Igbo may it never be well with me ...if am Igbo (mbaise man ) may it never be well with u ....if ur mama born u well type amen
Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by macluvph1(m): 7:21am On Jun 23, 2017
mrvitalis:

That's not the matter ...u can't stand for igbos unless u are elected to do so ...that's simple logic

lets watch and see come November in Anambra state.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Shamelessness of Nigerian Politicians / Our Presidential Candidate Still In The Race, Says Labour Party / Shehu Shagari: What Nigeria Will Miss About Late Ex-president – Secondus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.