Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,102 members, 7,842,171 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Zambia {4-5pen} Nigeria: Reaction Of Coaches - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Zambia {4-5pen} Nigeria: Reaction Of Coaches (592 Views)

A List Of Great Players Who Failed As Coaches / Nigeria Vs Zambia: CAF Under-17 Championship (3 - 1) On 21st February 2015 / 7 Types Of Coaches You Will Meet In Football World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Zambia {4-5pen} Nigeria: Reaction Of Coaches by smile4kenn(m): 4:06am On Jan 26, 2010
Shuaibu Amodu (Nigeria coach)
“I was worried about the reputation of Nigeria, not for my position: it was not good to be eliminated again at the quarter-final (as in 2008). We had to overcome this obstacle, because Zambia is a very good team, attacking and defending together. I told my players that this would be one of our toughest matches. Since the first day, we said we had a team that could win the tournament. I know I have players who can do it. Today, we have not played too well but it was good to speak as a team. It is not the best right now, but getting better all the time, and within five months we will be much better.”

Herve Renard (coach of Zambia)
“Tonight we did not lose against a better team, but against Nigeria, which is a strong team and qualified for the World Cup. I'm very proud of my players. Congratulations to Nigeria, I wish them the best for the semi-finals. Our strategy was good, but unfortunately we did not score. We missed chances but no problem: Zambians can be very proud of their team. I am very satisfied with the play of the team, I can not blame my players, who played very well and dominated the game.

www.cafonline.com
Re: Zambia {4-5pen} Nigeria: Reaction Of Coaches by smile4kenn(m): 4:10am On Jan 26, 2010
funny pic

(1) (Reply)

Egypt Coach Hassan Shehata Reveals Nigeria Approach / Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From International Football After Bus Attack / Siasia-why Nff Dumped Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.