Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,080 members, 7,835,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Biafra: The Bitter Truth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: The Bitter Truth (897 Views)

#iamnorth The Bitter Truth We Northerners Should Accept. / Surviving Biafra : The Soldiers Were Taking Girls, Like Boko Haram. / BIAFRA: The Wind Of Biafra Blows In Agatu, Idoma Land- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: The Bitter Truth by babablogger: 10:38am On Jun 22, 2017
I will get a lot of hate comments about this article, but it’s the truth the real truth about Biafra that most of my brothers from the east choose to ignore.

I will like to draw the attention of most Igbos agitating for Biafra, secession never comes easy. We can take examples from Sudan, Somalia and even the 1967-1970 Biafra Civil war which claimed nothing less than 3 million lives.

I believe we all have freedom to exist and co-exist and we can choose to leave whenever we want but that freedom is somewhat limited when it comes to secession. Have you ever sat for once to wonder what sanctions will be if you eventually secede? Or what will happen to the famous Aba products when Nigeria sanctions the so-called Biafra Nation economically? The population of Igbos is currently pegged at 32 million so imagine when the products been produced can’t leave the borders of Biafra except you have to rely on Cameroon which I know will be difficult. Or what will happen to Igbos working in other states and government parastatal? Or those in the Military? These are things the elites who don’t support Biafra think about.

Another trouble I have is Nnmadi Kanu, I still wonder why they worship this guy he was anonymous before the radio Biafra saga. He advised Igbos to kill Northerners, he also said you should only attend churches owned by Igbos. I still wonder if these do not ring a bell. A leader that preaches hate, a leader that tells you to kill others.

I can say 99% of Igbos never knew Nnmadi Kanu before now, no one knows his occupation, nothing but they still follow him like flocks of sheep. I have also seen pictures go round the internet of grown men kneeling down to great Kanu are they so deluded? Or why should one who hasn’t received power yet consider himself higher than the commons?

Another bitter truth is if Biafra is achieved through Kanu it will be recognized as a Jewish state, but ignorance won’t let people know being a Jew is different from being a Christian. Jews do not believe in Jesus so I wonder what will happen to a Jewish country populated by Christians (followers of Christ).

What about the Osus it’s certain no Nwadiala who are more controlling in population than the Osu’s will allow any Osu hold a political office or get a political appointment. So the same marginalization Igbos are clamoring about will keep on going.
(The Osu caste system is an ancient practice in Igboland that discourages social interaction and marriage with a group of persons called Osu (Igbo: outcast). Osus are dedicated to the deities (Alusi) of Igboland; they are considered as inferior beings and are usually separated from the Nwadiala or diala (Igbo: real born).)

The most annoying is the propaganda and lies perpetrated by those who wish to achieve Biafra, fake news websites with domain names similar to popular news websites like metro UK, BBC and so on been operated by Biafrans just to propagate false news. I can give reasons why remaining part of Nigeria is the best for Igbos, but what do I know. I’m from the south western part of the country so I will be bashed for this article and probably called an Afonja but like they say the truth isn’t pleasant.

These are the questions I want those clamoring to ask themselves

Will achieving Biafra disintegrate the greed in our hearts or the corruption in our soul?
What do you deduce will happen to a country founded on lies and hatred?
Or will it stop electoral malpractices?

The same circle will go on and on and on till the Osus will ask to also secede from Biafra.

http://www.babasalami.com/2017/06/biafra-bitter-truth.html

[img]https://3.bp..com/-r1QOvYT9goQ/WUuE58_sEnI/AAAAAAAABh8/AWE_79Algy0zhjK_lYgrKDYgvU119uyHgCLcBGAs/s320/dadada.png[/img]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: The Bitter Truth by Kemperor: 10:43am On Jun 22, 2017
OP i love that Picture...

The Land Of The Rising Sun...

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Bitter Truth by PapaBrowne(m): 11:06am On Jun 22, 2017
Your points are OK and good.

But you failed to address any of the core issues.

Have you asked yourself why Igbos, who actually happen to be the most successful tribe in Nigeria at least economically are so bent on leaving the Nigerian state? Do you ask yourself why a group of people that actually own property across the country wouldn't mind foregoing all that just to be on their own?

Truthfully, Igbos have been the most patriotic Nigerians. They are the only ones that go across the nation and mix freely with the indigenous host communities and transact their business in the most remote locations. And they did all this despite the batterings they received during the civil war. Look at our national sports teams on all levels and you'll find a disproportionately high representation of the Igbo. Look at Nollywood, its disproportionately Igbo.
They rose from 20 pounds each after the civil war to literally owning half the banks in Nigeria, half the industries in Nigeria and and anywhere in the region of 80% of import trading in Nigeria.

M point is the have contributed immensely to the Nigerian nation despite the marginalization the have been put through in the last four decades.

Now what do they get in return? Yorubas continually pushing motions that make them feel constricted in Lagos which realistically is a federal capital territory. Hausas going on killing sprees on the whim of simple things like loosing elections or a cartoon by a foreign journalist. Boko Haram bombing atrocities and now the latest; The Fulani militia that has been unleashed on the entirety of the Christian South.

Now genuinely and sincerely, an you address these issues raised? You sef, are you not tired of the mess?

And by the way, I'm not Ibo. I am proudly Edo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: The Bitter Truth by kingzizzy: 11:24am On Jun 22, 2017
No tribe in Nigeria practices 'one Nigeria' like Igbos because only an Igbo man will leave his area to go to a forest in Sokoto to settle, build a house and bdevelop the place. So when Yorubas and Hausas talk about one united Nigeria I laugh because they pay lip service to that notion without practicing it.

However, the fact that Igbos have spread their tentacles all over Nigeria does not in anyway take away the fact that they have the right to agitate for a separate state.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Bitter Truth by Julietm(f): 11:32am On Jun 22, 2017
Op don't worry about whatever you perceived ad bitter truth, we shall live with it , just allow us to go and get our Biafra.
Re: Biafra: The Bitter Truth by Igboesika: 11:58am On Jun 22, 2017
First of all you are not Igbo, that's why you kept emphasizing on that over and over again and you yourself know that. ( self denial is worst denial ever )

On the issue of igbos working in diff Nig govt parastatals .. don't worry, they same way they worked for Nig is the same way they will work for Biafra when the time comes because they are just civil servants. You shouldn't get worry about that because there would be total swap and yet there would still be vacancies left. Come to think of it, how many igbos are in the so called govt parastatals.. ? you mean those positions that are filled with unqualified @bokis ? because we all know the wonders of quota system in Nig.

Again, on the issue of knelling down, you should have understood that there is a reason for that if you are Igbo but you are not like I said before.
If afonjas can lie down greeting ordinary human being who holds no title in Yoruba land, how much more Nnamdi KANU who is a Prince in his own community. Again, there is culture that mandated every Igbo man to knell down while greeting someone from his maternal home which is called " nna ochie" but you are not Igbo and you will never understand and you don't also know the relationship between those knelling down and Nnamdi KANU.

On the issue of Jew this Jew that, let it sink inside your Yoruba Muslim skull that Catholics, Anglicans and sabatharians and other churches are solidly supporting Biafra and they won't change their religion unless if they want to

ALWAYS ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT THINGS YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND BEFORE MAKING MOCKERY OF YOUR SELF

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Bitter Truth by CutieGuy(m): 11:58am On Jun 22, 2017
Kemperor:
OP i love that Picture...

The Land Of The Rising Sun...
WHY THERE SHALL BE NO ELECTION IN ANAMBRA STATE AND BIAFRA LAND AGAIN.

In this struggle, the political system in Biafra land can never remain the same. There must be a radical departure from what we have today.

We cannot be asking for Biafra and at the same time be participating in elections. What signal/ message are we then sending to the international community and even to our enemies, both in Nigeria and Biafra land?

Biafrans, it's evidently clear and fundamentally sacrosanct that International legal requirement provide among others that civil disobedience include right to vote and to be voted for. Even Nigeria constitution gives credence to it. Same is called franchise. It's our duty to exercise this right of franchise in any way we want.

We, therefore, need to change the status quo in Biafra land, in order to cause constitutional crisis that will generate political convolution.

This constitutional crisis and political convolution will push the Nigeria government, intellectuals, academia, political analyst and opinion moulders into debate that would move them to look at the Biafra freedom from another level.

This level will invariably motivate Nigeria state to conduct referendum for Biafra people. Yes, it's our right. It's our inalienable right. God given right, and no body will take it away from us.

Fight on, my people, fight on. We are getting there. Victory shall be ours in Jesus name. Amen.

God bless Biafra and those fighting for her freedom.

Re: Biafra: The Bitter Truth by chairman010: 1:53pm On Jun 22, 2017
bros op,
I didn't see any difficult thing from all you wrote, example how did you come about that 32 million population thing, is it. Nigerian census? good luck to you. is it Biafran products, they will be sold in all of Nigeria like Nigerian products are sold in other countries, who is the OSU in Biafra are they not working in Biafra today? I can pick all your points one by one none of them is an obstacle to building a nation. the advantages of Biafra to the average Igbo person and the average every day Nigerian is far greater than whatever disadvantages you can dream of.
Re: Biafra: The Bitter Truth by StopOsuCaste: 8:42am On Aug 23, 2017
Hello I agree with you partially. Charity they say begins at home. We can't bind osus, ohus, and umes in igboland and seek freedom from Nigeria /North.
He that goes to equity must go with clean hands.
Join us on whatsapp no 08156446434 and facebook on stopOsu CastePractice. Let's share ideas and experiences.
Let us set them free for the unification of the igbos/biafra.
There must be a way out.. They only ritual/sacrifice that is irreversible is the death of Jesus Christ on the cross. There must be a way out, even the traditional way.
Pls join us... Your idea may bring their freedom.
Tnx

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Muslims Exhibit Victim Syndrome: Case Study The Fulani Vermins Of Nijeriya / Buhari Return To London Imminent According To Reports. / Breaking: Military Seige Against Nnamdi Kanu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.