Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,452 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Many People Will Go To Jail For Forgery Over My Recallrecall Dino Melaye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many People Will Go To Jail For Forgery Over My Recallrecall Dino Melaye (319 Views)

The Melayes: Dino Melaye And His Children In Adorable Family Photo / Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller / Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Many People Will Go To Jail For Forgery Over My Recallrecall Dino Melaye by emmanuel596(m): 10:51am On Jun 22, 2017
Senator Dino Melaye has reacted to the move by Constituents of Kogi West Senatorial District to recall the representative of Kogi West Senatorial District.
Speaking to Seun Okinbaloye, anchor of Politics Today on Channels Television, Melaye said: “I continue to laugh at their efforts which I know is in futility. The whole exercise is a comedy of errors.”

The Senator was further quoted to have said: “Nobody should take it seriously the whole thing is shrouded in money politics and cannot stand.

“We have discovered names of dead people on the list and a handwriting with similar signatures for several people on petition, the discrepancies are too much and it’s a total fraud. And I promise that many people will go to jail for forgery.”

On Wednesday, June 21, 2017, constituents of the Kogi West Senatorial District submitted a petition to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) demanding the recall of Dino Melaye from the Senate.

According to the electoral act, one-half of the number of registered voters in a constituency is required for the recall of a lawmaker.

There are 360,098 registered voters in Kogi west.

Leader of the constituents, Chief Cornelius Olowo, at INEC headquarters accused the senator of distancing himself from his constituents, saying that the lawmaker’s performance was low.

http://ogashub.com.ng/many-people-will-go-to-jail-for-forgery-over-my-recall-dino-melaye/

(1) (Reply)

Indonesia To Build Refinery In Nigeria / The Shit Called APC! / President Buhari To Return To Nigerian Within The Next Week - Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.