Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,544 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? (684 Views)

Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be a Close Friend With Single Guy? / Is It Right For A Man To Bath His Own Daughter Who Is Over 3 Years? / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by easyboss1(m): 2:20pm On Jun 22, 2017
Is it right for a lady to pay for her own Bride Price?

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by Johnholmes: 2:24pm On Jun 22, 2017
Lol grin
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by jubsonstone(m): 2:29pm On Jun 22, 2017
ABASI!!!!......where will the so called husband stand in the family?
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 22, 2017
Yeah...as long as she knows he's her last hope.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by joyAA(f): 5:00pm On Jun 22, 2017
Nope
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by dyangprof(m): 8:53pm On Jun 22, 2017
joyAA:
Nope
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by dyangprof(m): 8:53pm On Jun 22, 2017
ask tonto.
she did it according to her
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by Ezionye(f): 9:03pm On Jun 22, 2017
FreddyKruger:
Yeah...as long as she knows he's her last hope.

Lolz

The answer to the question is NO NO

Even if he has to borrow, let him borrow. Except from d bride grin
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by Exponental(m): 9:11pm On Jun 22, 2017
The question should be... why should a 'bride price/ dowry' be paid?
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by Nobody: 12:19am On Jun 23, 2017
Ezionye:

Lolz

The answer to the question is NO NO

Even if he has to borrow, let him borrow. Except from d bride grin

Why should i borrow to pay the bride price of a woman who obviously and desperately needs the marriage more than i do? Unless she's the one doing the borrowing then it won't work. U get the drift?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by memories1(f): 8:39am On Jun 23, 2017
Wrong wrong wrong. Traditions have their place BUT the bride price should be an affordable amount, it was meant to be symbolic not an opportunity to eradicate generational poverty.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 23, 2017
Hmnn.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by MissIndependent(f): 12:32pm On Jun 23, 2017
Only desperate women do such undecided how much is the bride price sef? In my place, they don't even ask for an amount they will tell you to put the bride price on the tray. Let's say you drop 1Million naira or 500k on the tray, the gals parents will take what they need let's say 5k from the 500k then return the rest and tell you to take care of their daughter with it. That is the tradition.

Note: Benin Traditional Marriage

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Under ₦250,000 Sofa Seats On Hogfurniture.com.ng / If I Cook The Soups & Stews I'll Need For A Whole Month And... / Against All Odds:baby Who Survived A Botched Abortion Meets Her Mother At 39

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.