Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,402 members, 7,819,429 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

I Need Advice Pls: After 5yrs Of Living Abroad, I Relocated Permanently To Naija - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Need Advice Pls: After 5yrs Of Living Abroad, I Relocated Permanently To Naija (523 Views)

I Want To Start A Rabbit Farm Business, I Need Advice Pls / I Want Lease Land For 5yrs Farm / I Need Advice On Starting A Frozen Chicken Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice Pls: After 5yrs Of Living Abroad, I Relocated Permanently To Naija by Oloyeandy: 3:35pm On Jun 22, 2017
Hello Nairalanders, i lived abroad for 5years and from my daily hustling, i was able to save some money, got married, bought a plot of land and built 1 bedroom flat where im currently living with my wife and beautiful daughter in port harcourt.. Im also able to open a cosmetic shop for my wife which she is currently managing.

Im not a graduate so i cant even talk of looking for work with my SS3 senior waec certificate of which i didnt even retrieve before jumping into hustling lane.

Back to the topic, Since i returned to base permanently in nigeria, i came to understand the meaning of these 3 words "THINGS ARE HARD" which i never missed to hear from my siblings and parents whenever they calls to request for money while i was abroad, even though i thinks its a kind of tricks to estort money from me.

Since 2015 i came back to nigeria, ive ventured into many businesses of which ends up in disaster and i must confess that Truck (Tipper) biz was my worst experience due to bad drivers and their endless stories and excuses and i ended up settilng the truck to save my dear life from suffering High BP.

Now im cashtrapped and im realy planning on using the half plot in my compound to venture into agriculture or anything that can yield profits from the land but the problem i have is that im a pure Novist in any agric business.

Starting this year rainy season, My wife planted some vegetables, corns, cucumber etc on small portion of the land and the day she complained of pests eating the crops, i went to verify and found out that it was snails so i picked them, i stored then in a shallow hole and that was when i started thinking of starting a snail farm due to the larger quantity of snails i picked from the crops.

Now i have built a small Pen where to transfer them and these are the crops i planted inside the pen:

UGU
PAWPAW
GARDEN EGG
COCOYAM
CUCUMBER
POTATOES

I have read many articles on snail farming business and concluded that it is a very slow business with few gains.

Pls my fellow nairalanders i need your guideline support, advice and motivation or if there is anything i may require to boost this snail farming.

I will also apreciate and welcome any further advice in other farming business i can use the half plot of land.

Attached is the picture of the bigger pen i constructed for the snails.

Thanks and God bless..

Re: I Need Advice Pls: After 5yrs Of Living Abroad, I Relocated Permanently To Naija by stagger: 3:58pm On Jun 22, 2017
A slow business with few gains...who is feeding you with this info?

There is a joint I visit regularly here in Abuja and I eat snail+vegetable sauce for N2,500 a plate, 2 snails inside. This joint is always packed. I can tell you that they do not sell less than 100 plates of this delicacy a day.

I will ask you to do your research well. PH is brimming with hotels. So how can this business be a slow one with few gains? Snails don't fall sick like chickens do, their food grows in the wild everywhere, and the rainfall pattern in PH is very good for them. So who did you meet to tell you this stuff?
Re: I Need Advice Pls: After 5yrs Of Living Abroad, I Relocated Permanently To Naija by Oloyeandy: 4:10pm On Jun 22, 2017
stagger:
A slow business with few gains...who is feeding you with this info?

There is a joint I visit regularly here in Abuja and I eat snail+vegetable sauce for N2,500 a plate, 2 snails inside. This joint is always packed. I can tell you that they do not sell less than 100 plates of this delicacy a day.

I will ask you to do your research well. PH is brimming with hotels. So how can this business be a slow one with few gains? Snails don't fall sick like chickens do, their food grows in the wild everywhere, and the rainfall pattern in PH is very good for them. So who did you meet to tell you this stuff?
Thanks so much my dear, honestly it was my wife that made that discouraging statement. I just need some experienced farmers to advice me how fast to grow the snails, feeding etc..
Re: I Need Advice Pls: After 5yrs Of Living Abroad, I Relocated Permanently To Naija by amba2017: 5:10pm On Jun 22, 2017
snail business is good though the growth is not fast but the interesting thing is that you will not spend to feed them. check this agric section, we will see discussion for snail farmer. you can also add poultry if you can afford it. that your vegetable will be better done during dry season. all you need to do is to be watering the farm every morning. then you can add okro
Re: I Need Advice Pls: After 5yrs Of Living Abroad, I Relocated Permanently To Naija by henrimoto(m): 5:31am On Jun 23, 2017
Have you gone through this Article on Snail Farming ?

https://www.nairaland.com/3825699/snail-farming-nigeria-pen-construction

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Where To Source For Neem Oil,almond Oil And Coconut Oil / Watermelon Training / Am Catfish Hatcher .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.