Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,358 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 (11475 Views)

For All the Exportation Problems, lets find a Solution Here / Aba: The First Automated Shoe Factory In Nigeria Set To Be Launched (Photos) / Nigeria Set To Lose 550,000 Barrels Of Oil By Exxonmobil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by Olasco93: 7:54am On Jun 23, 2017
Sign of good things to come.
Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by scarletkinq(m): 7:55am On Jun 23, 2017
When there's. Not enough to go around and the price of a tuber is more than 500 naira...we have many other things to focus on than export at this moment a right move at a very very wrong time

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by Benoxvals(m): 7:55am On Jun 23, 2017
Work on uninterrupted electricity in the country..
Import production machines/devices..
Set up factories and employ people...
Put our raw materials to good use...
Export finished products instead...
How difficult is this(?)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by Jesuspikin8: 7:56am On Jun 23, 2017
TheHistorian:
Export is meaningful and prosperous when it's done with excesses!

Go to a nearby market,buying yam is a no-go area!

I wonder why we export even when,apparently,the people are ravenous.

I just tire.
Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by Primusinterpares(m): 7:56am On Jun 23, 2017
Cluelessness at its peak...
What kind of leaders do we even have at the hem of affairs

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by davillian(m): 7:56am On Jun 23, 2017
These old men with their weak brains.
We don't even have enough yam to feed the whole country and yet we want to start exporting yam.
No wonder the price of yam has been on the increase and relatively scarce because farmers are hoarding yams for export.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by positivelord: 7:56am On Jun 23, 2017
nigeria as a country is going to export 3 containers yam and that is news....we are not yet serious

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by PMJOSEPH: 7:57am On Jun 23, 2017
dhardline:
Nothing wrong with exporting yams but not at the detriment of the masses. We won't be looking for foreign exchange while the cost of yam in the market continues to sky rocket. Bought one very small tuber of yam (one serving) last Sat for 650. With this exports now it might climb to a thousand and the big ones will probably get to 3thousand naira.

I think we should rather focus on feeding ourselves first. And export the things we have in excess

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by Coyotejack(m): 7:57am On Jun 23, 2017
Benoxvals:
Work on uninterrupted electricity in the country..
Import production machines/devices..
Set up factories and employ people...
Put our raw materials to good use...
Export finished products instead...
How difficult is this(?)

Exactly what's on my mind ooooo

We export the yam now and import it as another thing undecided while I am still buying yam in the market at ridiculous price
Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 7:58am On Jun 23, 2017
space booked

Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by surgical: 7:59am On Jun 23, 2017
TheHistorian:

. The old man is confused, before he got the job he was pontificating ,he is just there now filling space and not adding any value.
Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 23, 2017
dhardline:
Nothing wrong with exporting yams but not at the detriment of the masses. We won't be looking for foreign exchange while the cost of yam in the market continues to sky rocket. Bought one very small tuber of yam (one serving) last Sat for 650. With this exports now it might climb to a thousand and the big ones will probably get to 3thousand naira.
True that. Even here in Niger state a supposed yam producer , cost of yams have sky rocketed. That's if you even see good yams to buy.
All the healthy yams have been processed for export. At a time when other countries are driving a 'citizens first' policy, we are driving an others first policy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by islandmoon: 8:04am On Jun 23, 2017
the government that can not buy tractors, empower graduates in the agric field from 6 universities of agriculture nation wide,

the government having DINO as senator , that should be buying yam from other country is now looking to make life difficult for its citizen by exporting yam, people have resorted to buying sweet potatoes (Buhari Yam) because yam is too expensive) a tuber of yam is 1,000 Naira, and this morons are planning to be exporting yam! this people dont have brain! and they are complaining about inflation! morons in government.
Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by Rebuke: 8:06am On Jun 23, 2017
adebobconed:
Nice initiative there

Oga, whatz nice abt dis initiative? I tell yhu dis is all bullcraps! How do yhu export wat yhu don't evn hav in abundance in d first place? They can't evn feed the nation yet they ar talkn abt exportin d little ones we hav. Do yhu knw hw xpensive yam is now? Dis will lead to more increase in price.

I dunno wat dese our so called leaders smoke bt itz obviously nt good for dem. They ar jxt so dumb. Shame.
Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by Usmabuzhi: 8:07am On Jun 23, 2017
Let me educate you on some things here:

Nigeria has been into yam exportation over the years, this is not news.

Most yams found in UK and other parts of the world come from Nigeria.

Nigeria is the largest yam exporter in the world, it exports over 62% of yams in the world.

So please quit the ignorance 'Nigeria will start yam exportation'. I am sure the Minister is aware these #Facts and that what is being carried by the media is not actually what was said. Verify.
Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by 2shure: 8:09am On Jun 23, 2017
It they like they shud export maggi and suya
It wont have any positive effect on the economy.
We all thieves
And as long as we got massively greedy ass corrupt cabals.
Watch how the money wohld tripple up and get diverted.
Dumb ass country.
God so blessed us.
By now we shud af foreigners esp asians working for us as slaves.
Nigeria so blessed with wide free ass range of resources
But yet its citizens live below a fucking dollar
Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by emmasege: 8:11am On Jun 23, 2017
dhardline:
It's just an indirect way of telling everyone to go back to farm. If you plant yams on a plot of land, that could last you and your family for months. Don't you think?

If this yam importation agenda flies and yields the expected revenues , I'll give kudos to the government even though I hate anything called APCheat because I can still perceive lies in this news.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by I888(m): 8:11am On Jun 23, 2017
dhardline:
Abuja yam is what is currently in the market. It is the best and has never been cheap. I have eaten my 4 tubers that I bought for 500 per one. I might by 10 soon. It is the yam I love most... good for all uses and it is the best for making pounded yam... I will pound some for ginaz make she chop tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by Image123(m): 8:14am On Jun 23, 2017
This government is a very poor communicator, they simply lost the art after elections campaign.
Yam season is ending that's why yam is scarce and expensive. New yams harvest are expected from ending of this month to August depending on location/state.Naturally,there will be abundance of yams. But with the panic and rumours being created, i hope there'd be no hoarding and artificial scarcity leading to needless price increase.
Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by chuksjuve(m): 8:16am On Jun 23, 2017
kelvenxxy:
Nigeria on June 29, will export 72 tonnes of yam to Europe and the United States of America (USA), the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Chief Audu Ogbeh, said.

According Dr Olukayode Oyeleye, the Special Assistant to the minister (Media). Ogbeh
disclosed this at a meeting with members of the Committee on Nigeria Yam Export Programme.

The minister said the flag-off of the yam export would be done at the Apapa Port and that it would be exported in three containers at 24 tonnes each.

Read More @
https://www.naijacouch.com/2017/06/22/nigeria-set-begin-exportation-yam-europe-u-s-june-29/

Have you finished feeding the Nigerian population?
if yes....nice initiative
if no...... its a misplaced and wicked priority....

Call us for your Horticulture, Landscape and Gardening service..

we simply add value to your real estate property.

check my signature for more details
Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by pokipoki: 8:23am On Jun 23, 2017
dhardline:
Dude, God bless you. Well said!!! The right thing to do is satisfy the local population and the excess are exported for forex. By doing this, the price of yam will not be very cheap in the international market, hence more forex earnings

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by buchilino(m): 8:29am On Jun 23, 2017
dhardline:

IT ONLY MEANS ONE THING, EVERYBODY SHOULD GO N START FARMING.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by veraponpo(m): 8:30am On Jun 23, 2017
TheHistorian:

Stop being lazy. Go and farm. Education is not synonymous to idleness and lack of brain.

This is an employment opportunity and business opportunity.

Thailand is very small but export rice to Nigeria, how? The answer is easy and simple, they farm.

Government is working now, go and work too.
Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by BBBlaze: 8:32am On Jun 23, 2017
I believe Nigeria has more than one sea port spread across the nation; so why is it always Lagos port?...no other port can serve same function?

It is ask I ask! grin
Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by TheHistorian(m): 8:39am On Jun 23, 2017
veraponpo:

Stop being lazy. Go and farm. Education is not synonymous to idleness and lack of brain.

This is an employment opportunity and business opportunity.

Thailand is very small but export rice to Nigeria, how? The answer is easy and simple, they farm.

Government is working now, go and work too.

Sir.

I never mentioned to you I am jobless,did I?

Why export out of scarcity?? It just doesnt make sense.

You alluded to Thailand,i'm very sure they dont starve just because they want to export

Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by MizSparks(f): 8:39am On Jun 23, 2017
Yam wey we no see chop... 2 tubers,1500.. Nigeria sha...
Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by BBBlaze: 8:39am On Jun 23, 2017
Exporting yam shocked
Abi our crude oil don finish? cool

Well they call it diversifying. . .courtesy PMB!
Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by Lexusgs430: 8:42am On Jun 23, 2017
Brexit would really favour the African agriculture sector, to openings in Europe.....
Re: Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 by engrkaz(m): 8:53am On Jun 23, 2017
I sincerely give a F**k.... Yam wey never reach us na him Ogbe wan dey export? Now I see, no be only eye dey pain ds man....brain dey pain am too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Check Your Account Balance Via Sms (gtbank) / How Much Did You Save This Year.. 2023 / Lagos Business School Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.