Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,101 members, 7,818,293 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

"No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu (38665 Views)

Fulani Vigilante In The South-East: Nnamdi Kanu Reacts / IPOB Members Mock Nigeria As They Declare No 2019 Election (Photos) / No Referendum, No 2019 Election – Nnamdi Kanu Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu by camaraderi(m): 10:07am On Jun 24, 2017
If he said this, then you got me Nnamdi Kanu.
Re: "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu by chineduemmao: 10:09am On Jun 24, 2017
pazienza:

You are the one crying already grin

You cried all over the internet over Achebe book, you cry everyday over Nnamdi Kanu speeches and actions, you are currently crying over my well weighted post packaged as a neutralizer to yet another Igbophobic post by a Yoruba man.

bro that Achebe's book (there was a country) opened my eyes; it taught me everything i could have learnt if we did history in sec sch
Re: "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu by chineduemmao: 10:13am On Jun 24, 2017
Diademk07:

Lmao..

Ibo thread where your folks can't go a day without mentioning Yoruba, right?

And no, the mistake you're making is not knowing the Yoruba Youths are getting sensitized daily and now knows how manipulative the Ibos are. Keep it up.. We won't be as forgiving as our fathers, that's certain.
sensitize? ¤I laugh¤ my brother you better pick up a book and read and refuse to be brainwashed by who ever it is that is "sensitizing" you
Re: "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu by kingOG: 10:14am On Jun 24, 2017
KEVIND:

By boycotting an election I don't see why you'll force me with threat to life and property. If I decide no to vote or be voted for in an election why will you start threatening me with violence is what I don't understand.
. reason with your brain ojukwu had a fucking tunnel in his compound he used to escape when shit came down hard on him..reason again you don't dig a tunnel in a day meaning he already made plans..you think this yahoo boy no get sense never make him plans if this results in violence its your blood and your children you'll watch as they die not his!!.. it is countless IBO's life and property that will be damaged or look at the ones in the north wetin your nnamdi do for them ...y'all bunch of brainwashed fools smh for you your coming generationd will curse you for being this foolish.... smh I thought ibod where the wise ones

1 Like

Re: "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu by chineduemmao: 10:15am On Jun 24, 2017
Diademk07:

LOL!

The reality is Yoruba don't deal in lies and won't sit idle when we see such manipulative lies permutated by Achebe and his folks because we all know Revisionism and Ibos are quite synonymous!

All I'm reiterating is that you should know we were never friends from time memorial, hence save your stupid victim cry for yourself!
if only you will learn... GOD!
Re: "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu by chineduemmao: 10:24am On Jun 24, 2017
isalie:

You do not like Nnamdi more than me. You are free to pick the side you want to back. As a senior brother I can tell you whether you have made the wrong choice or not. This joke is not about Yoruba vs Igbo or Hausa vs Igbo but it is about Nigeria vs a trouble maker. You went to primary school in Nigeria as an innocent child, right? What did they teach you about the meaning of the color of our flag? What did they teach you about our coat of arms. Did you not enjoyed yourself all those while, singing the National anthem and pledge? If the answer is yes then I put it to you that you are therefore eventually becoming a supporter of the troublemakers of our peace and unity in the country. That's just to put it mildly. it's actually termed as TERRORISM. May the labor of our heroes past not be in vain smiley
meaningless!

In case you dont know:

1. Am no longer in primary school

2. i've grown old enough to know and spot lies and tricks

3. For your info i've actually forgen some of the lyrics to that anthem.
Re: "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu by chineduemmao: 10:26am On Jun 24, 2017
isalie:

You do not like Nnamdi more than me. You are free to pick the side you want to back. As a senior brother I can tell you whether you have made the wrong choice or not. This joke is not about Yoruba vs Igbo or Hausa vs Igbo but it is about Nigeria vs a trouble maker. You went to primary school in Nigeria as an innocent child, right? What did they teach you about the meaning of the color of our flag? What did they teach you about our coat of arms. Did you not enjoyed yourself all those while, singing the National anthem and pledge? If the answer is yes then I put it to you that you are therefore eventually becoming a supporter of the troublemakers of our peace and unity in the country. That's just to put it mildly. it's actually termed as TERRORISM. May the labor of our heroes past not be in vain smiley
meaningless!

In case you dont know:
Re: "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu by masks(m): 10:27am On Jun 24, 2017
Nnamdi kanu should go to blazes with his agenda. I'm an Igbo MAN BUT I DON'T SUPPORT THIS MAN TRYING TO CAUSE MASS MURDER EVERYWHERE WITH HIS TALK. SOMETIMES I WONDER WHY IGBO PEOPLE JUST LIKE TO LISTEN TO PEOPLE LIKE THIS AND END UP BEING KILLED WHILE THIS MAN WOULD JUST BE ENJOYING HIS LIFE.I STRONGLY ADVISE HE GETS ARRESTED AGAIN AND MADE TO SHUT HIS MOUTH AND LET'S LIVE TOGETHER AS ONE. I HATE THE WAY THINGS ARE GOING AND I FORSEE A FUTURE LADEN WITH SO MUCH DEATH AND BLOOD.
Re: "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu by headz(m): 10:34am On Jun 24, 2017
Politicians will take advantage of this statement. if by 2019 the Igbo's are still part of this country under any kind of arrangement, elections will take place and then they would have succeeded in discouraging Igbo's from voting. APC take note. You know you have your lowest votes from this region. its not personal, only politics.

1 Like

Re: "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 24, 2017
chineduemmao:
meaningless!

In case you dont know:

Ignorance is bliss.

You must be one of those morbid igbo smokers or a joker drunken master.
If you wanted attention you got it. But if you have something to say say it. What are the tricks and interpretation to some of the lyrics you have for us.
Re: "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu by flamingREED(m): 10:37am On Jun 24, 2017
He that has an ear,
Let him hear what Buking1 has said:

Buking1:
I dey here
The truth of the matter is that those in seat don't even get it..
They will be playing to the very plan this man have.

And some people think that calling for referendum is like calling for war..
The man systematicly getting the world into his dreams with no vission of sharing one single blood of a Biafran.

For those who think that demanding secession must atract fight or war before it will be granted please google is your friend.

Let me clarify: the Biafran doesn't have a leader as the they say.
Now the man systematically reorganize them,gave them the orientation they needed. Now 73% Biafran are one in
(you can call him youth leader)
Then with his own way he is gradually attracting the world to his plan with the involvement of FG
With out a single shot of bullets he will get to the platform where it will be the FG that will be begging him
As you can see that even Ohaneze and others who dissociate themselves from him before are waking up to realize that people are not with them anymore
Sometime you need to know that brain is more powerful than anything
If Nigeria want to be one they should start by now to get him involve into the nagociassion of through regional control, failure to do that now! Will amount in nearest future where it can no longer hold meaning in every average Biafran man's reasoning, because by them he would have convice everyone that future in Biafra is more beter then any offer in NIGERIA and..
If you understand igbos in real life they cling to the future more than past or now.
That's his key
Re: "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu by chineduemmao: 10:40am On Jun 24, 2017
linearity:

I know exactly what I am saying, SE is not a legal entity and can not by voting constitute a legal entity call 'Biafra'. Nigeria is the legal entity and all Nigerians have to vote on that referendum...Yes, referendum is a general election in that, the general public must participate.

The examples you gave gave credence to my point e.g.

1. British Cameron Referendum of 1961:
British Cameron was a legal entity by itself, it was a federating unit and the vote was, if they want to join Nigeria or join Cameron. Again, only a valid legal entity can conduct a referendum...Northern Cameron eventually voted to join Nigeria, while Southern Cameron voted to join Cameron.

2. Scottish Referendum to stay/exit UK:
Scotland is a country of it's own, with its own laws, entities and constituent Authorities. England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland voted to form UK, and each country can up and leave whenever they feel like, without the other having a say in it, because each of these countries are recognized worldwide as distinct federating units. All these is more possible because when forming the UK, each country reserved their rights to self-determination. Though, they were trying to copy USA, but the bonds among them was deliberately made to be more loose compare to to the bond between states in the USA.

I have to pull up the British Cameron Referendum to see, if the biding documents enumerated that these former entities can cede if they choose to.

In the case of the US, none of the 50 states can cede without the consent of the majority of the other states unless that state do it successfully by a way of revolution aka war. The same is applicable to the question Biafra, they were not part of any federating unit that joined Nigeria and even at that, there is no biding legal document pre-serving their rights to cede or self-determination, therefore the only valid Exit path is by successful revolution or consent of other states in Nigeria through a referendum.
oga where are you getting this your theory from or are you just making it up? By the way let me ask when the british decided to amalgamate two uncohabitable people together to form on colony in 1914 was any of the indeginous people consulted to ask for his/her opinion/s? Now you open your mouth to say that the east is not a legal entity... use your head bro be wise we are not fools!
Re: "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu by chineduemmao: 10:42am On Jun 24, 2017
linearity:

I know exactly what I am saying, SE is not a legal entity and can not by voting constitute a legal entity call 'Biafra'. Nigeria is the legal entity and all Nigerians have to vote on that referendum...Yes, referendum is a general election in that, the general public must participate.

The examples you gave gave credence to my point e.g.

1. British Cameron Referendum of 1961:
British Cameron was a legal entity by itself, it was a federating unit and the vote was, if they want to join Nigeria or join Cameron. Again, only a valid legal entity can conduct a referendum...Northern Cameron eventually voted to join Nigeria, while Southern Cameron voted to join Cameron.

2. Scottish Referendum to stay/exit UK:
Scotland is a country of it's own, with its own laws, entities and constituent Authorities. England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland voted to form UK, and each country can up and leave whenever they feel like, without the other having a say in it, because each of these countries are recognized worldwide as distinct federating units. All these is more possible because when forming the UK, each country reserved their rights to self-determination. Though, they were trying to copy USA, but the bonds among them was deliberately made to be more loose compare to to the bond between states in the USA.

I have to pull up the British Cameron Referendum to see, if the biding documents enumerated that these former entities can cede if they choose to.

In the case of the US, none of the 50 states can cede without the consent of the majority of the other states unless that state do it successfully by a way of revolution aka war. The same is applicable to the question Biafra, they were not part of any federating unit that joined Nigeria and even at that, there is no biding legal document pre-serving their rights to cede or self-determination, therefore the only valid Exit path is by successful revolution or consent of other states in Nigeria through a referendum.
oga where are you getting this your theory from or are you just making it up? By the way let me ask when the british decided to amalgamate two uncohabitable people together to form on colony in 1914 was any of the indeginous people consulted to ask for his/her opinion/s? Now you open your mouth to say that the east is not a legal entity... use your head bro be wise we are not fools!
Re: "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu by chineduemmao: 10:52am On Jun 24, 2017
Michel2013:

hahaha u just chose to interpret the word legal entity the way it suits you but read the definition here: legal entity is An association, corporation, partnership, proprietorship, trust, or individual that has legal standing in the eyes of law. A legal entity has legal capacity to enter into agreements or contracts, assume obligations, incur and pay debts, sue and be sued in its own right, and to be held responsible for its actions.

all states in nigeria are legal entities constituting the federating units that make up nigeria. they are legal entities because they have areas or matters they have residual power to legislate without federal interference and they also have areas they can partner with federal to legislate and this is called concurrent list. each state as a legal unit has its own executive, legislative and judiciary arms of the government to control its own affairs. each state can to enter into a legal agreement with domestic and foreign companies and other countries on the areas they have residual powers. so it is obvious u have a very narrow idea about the concept you are alluding to.

coming to the issue of Biafra as entity. let me remind you that Biafra was an autonomous country that existed from 1967 to 1970 when it was annihilated by nigeria govt and now they people of Biafra still want to separate from nigeria which brought the call for referendum to determine the general will of the people of the states that consisted the defunct Biafra. if majority say no to Biafraexit they will remain in nigeria but if they say yes they will be allowed to have their own country without blood shed. i repeat referendum is not a general election. referendum or plebiscite is done to ascertain the general will of the affected people concerning a particular issue while election is determines the general will of the people concern people they want to represent them. stop mixing things up ok. they so called constitution that removed the concept of referendum you are talking about was never a product of we the people of nigeria through a Democratic means but a foisted article of an autocratic military decree called a constitution.
thank you my brother teach him
Re: "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu by nurex01(m): 10:54am On Jun 24, 2017
Let them go into referendum.

1 Like

Re: "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu by chineduemmao: 11:04am On Jun 24, 2017
Mujtahida:

Mr Right study approach, since you can read without understanding you failed to realise that his argument is simple: only a legal entity can conduct a referendum.

Mind you I am neither in support or against his argument but at least that is his point and he cited examples to buttress his argument. Why don't you counter his argument with superior points? Obviously because you have none.
see other comments please i dont have your time now maybe latter my learned commrades are doing the job peace*
Re: "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu by Almaheed: 11:15am On Jun 24, 2017
Amoamare:

Nigeria is a terrible country with no bright future , yet you still want to remain in it? Tell me another lie. You are in Nigeria because your people are the major benefactors of this forced unity. Example let oil from the south cease to run , and suddenly north strikes oil in commercial quantity, I am very sure you wouldn't want to have anything to do with the south. How do you explain this?

of course you have a valid point, but have you wondered that the north has even suffered more at the hands of their leaders too. the problem is the elite and illiteracy ... everyone is marginalized at some point either by the quota system or the tribal favoritism. my point is we need to go back to the negotiating table as a nation all this grievances we have now as been address by the national conference of 2005 and 2014. if how leaders were sincere they would take the recommendations of this conference and put it to good use.

on NK he is a fraud a product of the elite and he won't stop until his ego is massaged yo chaos, I fear he might do worse things and then it would be too late for the IBO's, he reeks of hate and no good leader preaches hate.
Re: "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu by mecussey(m): 11:17am On Jun 24, 2017
Buking1:
I dey here
The truth of the matter is that those in seat don't even get it..
They will be playing to the very plan this man have.

And some people think that calling for referendum is like calling for war..
The man systematicly getting the world into his dreams with no vission of sharing one single blood of a Biafran.

For those who think that demanding secession must atract fight or war before it will be granted please google is your friend.

Let me clarify: the Biafran doesn't have a leader as the they say.
Now the man systematically reorganize them,gave them the orientation they needed. Now 73% Biafran are one in
(you can call him youth leader)
Then with his own way he is gradually attracting the world to his plan with the involvement of FG
With out a single shot of bullets he will get to the platform where it will be the FG that will be begging him
As you can see that even Ohaneze and others who dissociate themselves from him before are waking up to realize that people are not with them anymore
Sometime you need to know that brain is more powerful than anything
If Nigeria want to be one they should start by now to get him involve into the nagociassion of through regional control, failure to do that now! Will amount in nearest future where it can no longer hold meaning in every average Biafran man's reasoning, because by them he would have convice everyone that future in Biafra is more beter then any offer in NIGERIA and..
If you understand igbos in real life they cling to the future more than past or now.
That's his key

Your brain dey work...I like pple who reasons
Re: "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu by chineduemmao: 11:19am On Jun 24, 2017
isalie:

Ignorance is bliss.

You must be one of those morbid igbo smokers or a joker drunken master.
If you wanted attention you got it. But if you have something to say say it. What are the tricks and interpretation to some of the lyrics you have for us.
learn to read in between lines. i never said any trick was spot in your dope anthem but if you want me/us to talk about the tricks and lies discovered in this country open a thread for it and quote me...
Re: "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 24, 2017
chineduemmao:
learn to read in between lines. i never said any trick was spot in your dope anthem but if you want me/us to talk about the tricks and lies discovered in this country open a thread for it and quote me...

I'm not interested in your brainwashing sorry.
Re: "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu by chineduemmao: 11:25am On Jun 24, 2017
isalie:

I'm not interested in your brainwashing sorry.
better for you
Re: "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 24, 2017
chineduemmao:
better for you

Head don full already.
Re: "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu by GuyfawkesAB(m): 11:41am On Jun 24, 2017
I don't know what you all always mean by "No visible Federal presence..."

Are there no Federal Universities in the SE?
Federal Medical Centre?
Unity Colleges?
Federal polytechnics?
Federal Research institutes?
Federal Technology Incubation centres?
Military Formations and Schools?
Connection to the National Electricity Grid or Telephony?
Most of the other infrastructure you see in other areas and not in yours are because of what they have done woth their own allocation or have attracted forein investors to set up.

Please help me with any information on what is available in other regions thay is lacking in yours that has made you conclude that there is no VISIBLE federal presence IN SE?

And please STOP the Victim and Marginalization cries

TheUmbra:

I totally disagree with you here. There's a grave and evil injustice deliberately perpetuated against Igbos by the northern political elites. There's no visible federal presence in the whole of the south east. The south east is the only region that was cut out from the current railway project.

So much marginalisation. Somebody got to takd serious measures against these northern vultures. Nnamdi Kanu is that someone. He has my full blessing.

Believe me, until the north stares a real breakup of Nigeria in the face, they'd hold on to the status quo perpetually.
Re: "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu by Okanokan(m): 11:59am On Jun 24, 2017
ebullient1986:

FOOL, the sit at home NNAMDI KANU gave on 30th may that was successful, didn't he said it openly? just watch as things unfold

Weaklings and those who suffer from INFERIORITY COMPLEX trade on insults instead of issues. WE STAND WITH ONE NIGERIA!
Re: "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu by Shroud: 12:14pm On Jun 24, 2017
isalie:

Make we hear word. Which kind nonsense British citizen. Okonta albino forming British. See insult. Do you think any original British Nigerian person fit survive kuje and later house arrest eating akpu everyday in anambra abi na where the maga dey sef?
hilarious
Re: "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 24, 2017
Shroud:
hilarious
smiley
Re: "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu by TheUmbra: 12:58pm On Jun 24, 2017
GuyfawkesAB:
I don't know what you all always mean by "No visible Federal presence..."

Are there no Federal Universities in the SE?
Federal Medical Centre?
Unity Colleges?
Federal polytechnics?
Federal Research institutes?
Federal Technology Incubation centres?
Military Formations and Schools?
Connection to the National Electricity Grid or Telephony?
Most of the other infrastructure you see in other areas and not in yours are because of what they have done woth their own allocation or have attracted forein investors to set up.

Please help me with any information on what is available in other regions thay is lacking in yours that has made you conclude that there is no VISIBLE federal presence IN SE?

And please STOP the Victim and Marginalization cries

I saw the list of some basic federal infrastructure you listed up there to back your claim that the South East isn't marginalized.

You did brilliantly capitalising on my "no visible Federal presence" when the average mind knows exactly what I was trying to say. So listing schools and hospitals is a laughable attempt and an insult to a honest evaluation of critical federal projects and infrastructure distribution on region to region basis.

The state of the federal roads in the South east is deplorable

The South East deserves an international airport

The South east deserves an inland port

The current railway projet never passed through any South East city, not even cities like Onitsha, Aba or Nnewi. But one is stretching hundreds of kilometres from lagos to kano, Portharcourt to kano.

The link below is one of many examples of the deliberate marginalisation of the south east, from budget allocation to federal appointments and to critical federal Infrastructure.
https://www.nairaland.com/3434857/federal-government-leaves-out-south#50592982

The list you put out there draws a parallel between dishonesty and your personal judgement.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Dipo Anisulowo's Family Home Set On Fire By Thugs Ahead Of Election.PICS / Tension In Ekiti As Soldier Kills DSS Officer / OGD, Dickson, Iweala, Fayose, Others Make Atiku’s VP List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.