Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,338 members, 7,860,840 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:11 PM

To Federal Ministry Of Education - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / To Federal Ministry Of Education (306 Views)

Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education / Ministry Of Education Considering Adding An Extra Year To University Studies / Cut-off Marks For Entrance To Federal Government Colleges For All 36 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To Federal Ministry Of Education by oshorstan(f): 12:40pm On Jun 23, 2017
The federal Ministry of Education needs to look at the grading of student using exam alone. The pressure on Nigerian students during exam especially those in the higher institution is alarming and mind blogging. Its a pity we don't have a good statistical health report but from my little observation and experience, over 90% of Nigerian students suffers from anxiety, depression during examination period. This can lead to students committing suicide and having low self esteem.
It has been agreed that exam is not the true test of knowledge and I wonder why our educational system still places priority on examination alone as the grading system.

I expect the minister of education to come up with new policies on education taking a leaf from Canada

#ItShallGetBetter

Okonofua Harry Osemobor

(1) (Reply)

Success / Help / Federal University Of Technology (FUTA)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.