Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,946 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Seems Internet Has Been Slow In Nigeria In The past 2 Days? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seems Internet Has Been Slow In Nigeria In The past 2 Days? (418 Views)

'in The Past Three Years Nigeria Has Sunk Into Barbarism'' Ben Murray-bruce Says / What Goodnews In Nigeria For The Past 2 Months? / 11 Illustrations Of How Internet Has Changed The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seems Internet Has Been Slow In Nigeria In The past 2 Days? by jiorhemen(m): 6:29pm On Jun 23, 2017
Fellow Nairalanders, it seems internet has generally been slow in this country in the last two days. Yesterday, Seun created a thread where he said that the infrastructure that powers Nairaland has become unusually slow and unstable, which has led to a lot of downtime. However, I observed that other sites too have been slow since yesterday. Google maps now loads slowly, Google street view is also slow, as well as Youtube. Messages I sent via WhatsApp now take time before being sent. I also noticed that LinkedIn has been slow. Though sometimes, the slowness isn't that bad. I don't think the slowness I am experiencing is due to the network I am using, as I have tried almost all the networks. This is the first time I am experiencing slow service on Smile Network which is 4G. I may be wrong in my inference, but it seems to me that the problem is a general internet problem in Nigeria since yesterday, or only in Abuja. Fellow Nairalanders, have you been experiencing unusually slow internet connection since yesterday as I have been experiencing?
Re: Seems Internet Has Been Slow In Nigeria In The past 2 Days? by RoyalBlak007: 6:46pm On Jun 23, 2017
No slow internet here cool

1 Like

Re: Seems Internet Has Been Slow In Nigeria In The past 2 Days? by yoddy(m): 8:11pm On Jun 23, 2017
jiorhemen:
Fellow Nairalanders, it seems internet has generally been slow in this country in the last two days. Yesterday, Seun created a thread where he said that the infrastructure that powers Nairaland has become unusually slow and unstable, which has led to a lot of downtime. However, I observed that other sites too have been slow since yesterday. Google maps now loads slowly, Google street view is also slow, as well as Youtube. Messages I sent via WhatsApp now take time before being sent. I also noticed that LinkedIn has been slow. Though sometimes, the slowness isn't that bad. I don't think the slowness I am experiencing is due to the network I am using, as I have tried almost all the networks. This is the first time I am experiencing slow service on Smile Network which is 4G. I may be wrong in my inference, but it seems to me that the problem is a general internet problem in Nigeria since yesterday, or only in Abuja. Fellow Nairalanders, have you been experiencing unusually slow internet connection since yesterday as I have been experiencing?

Main One had a break in their undersea fibre optic Cable sometime earlier in the week
Re: Seems Internet Has Been Slow In Nigeria In The past 2 Days? by jiorhemen(m): 8:33pm On Jun 23, 2017
yoddy:

Main One had a break in their undersea fibre optic Cable sometime earlier in the week
No wonder

(1) (Reply)

BI DONGOYARO (bitter But Necessary) / Blac Chyna Shares Adorable Photo Of Dream Kardashian / Alleged Target Of Ozubulu Massacre, Aloysius Ikegwuonwu, Breaks His Silence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.