Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court (18130 Views)

Ozekhome To Osinbajo: Fight Cabals Like A Man With Manhood Or Resign Honourably / Atiku Abubakar Meets With Mike Ozekhome ,To Sue Vanguard & Others (Photos) / Dino Melaye's Constituents Protest To INEC Office, Demand His Recall (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Nellybii: 1:21pm On Jun 24, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
Sorry guy,Nothing i mean no part of the process of recall has been achieved! the signatures @ best are not yet confirmed! you need to be schooled! each and every signature with names and PVC numbers must tally and must NOT be from outside Dino's Constituencies! yes signatures has been submitted but i bet it that verifying them one by one will expose 'forgeries' and just one forgery among the signature is enough ground for the judiciary to Grant Dino 'leave to file for forgery' which is a criminal case proceeding against anyone that impersonates in the recall process and the case will wear down with time
the recall process Is a waste of time and resources like CCT case vs Saraki 2yrs waste!

From these type of comments from Biafraudsters I can bet it that armed robbery and fraud will be legalized in Biafraland. So pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by BERNIMOORE: 1:21pm On Jun 24, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
I have checked my PVC and there is no signature attached to it.
Do you append your authentic signature during registration for pvc? were your fingerprints captured? do you supply those details while voting?

MaziOmenuko:

INEC is not going to check the authenticity of a signature, they are only going to confirm that the signatories are registered members of the constituencies
you seem to foget that Inec will 'only be a party to the court under the court instruction to present details of HOW THEY (INEC) ARRIVED AT THOSE SIGNATORIES IF THEY ARE ACTUALLY REGISTERED MEMBERS OF HIS(DINO) CONSTITUENCY' if possible any suspicious member will be invited 'into the Dock for CROSS EXAMINATION grin grin and you know what that means

So Dino is not leaving his fate into the hands of only INEC but that 'inec must not think that they can junxtapose any fraudulent persons and present as Dino constituency member
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by MaziOmenuko: 1:29pm On Jun 24, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
Do you append your authentic signature during registration for pvc? were your fingerprints captured? do you supply those details while voting?

you seem to foget that Inec will 'only be a party to the court under the court instruction to present details of HOW THE ARRIVED THAT THOSE SIGNATORIES ARE ACTUALLY REGISTERED MEMBERS OF HIS CONSTITUENCIES' if possible any suspicious member will be invited 'into the Dock for CROSS EXAMINATION grin grin and you know what that means

So Dino is not leaving his fate into the hands of only INEC but that 'inec must not think that they can junxtapose any fraudulent persons and present as Dino constituency member

A list of names was gotten (pressumable from inec) containing names of registered members in Dino's constituency and all they had to do was come to the venue and sign against their names. Buses were seen conveying then to the venue for this.

I insist that INEC is not going to cross-check signatures on that list to the one on their data base (if there's even any). I registered for my card almost 6yrs back, I am sure I supled just my bio data and only signed off while collecting the original PVC and that is why there's no space for signature in the PVC.

Once 50% of the signed off names on the list are authenticated as registered voters in Dino's constituency, the verification exercise is fine and dusted.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by jaychubi: 1:59pm On Jun 24, 2017
ehinmowo:
even if Dino legitimately collects an annual salary of 12 million, he still wudnt hv been able to afford Ozekhome (75 million ) fee.

it shows how crooked and corrupt he is

Dude Dino can buy ozekome if he is for sale Dino is worth Billions

Dino didn't make his money from politics, jst like e money dude may be a mega drug baron
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by hibee4uall(m): 2:03pm On Jun 24, 2017
Frankiss44:

Then you know nothing about signatures and how it works.. There is already a case of verified dead people/ person on that list.. Do you really think it is possible for almost 200 thousand persons to be against a senator in his senatorial constituency? Of course no matter how bad someone is, there must be some people loyal to him.. To even get that amount of votes during election is difficult because of out lacklustre attitude to elections, then all of a sudden, out of the Blues, almost 200k signatures were gotten... Once this case gets to court, INEC will take its hands off it... This whole exercise will end in shambles and like many others, it will die a natural death... Abi nor be Nigeria we dey again?
You may be right bro but don't you think Dino would not have spent huge amount hiring a lawyer to seek injunction if truly the said signatures are forged because in that case the exercise will definitily end in futility.
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by reyscrub(m): 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2017
I pity those who dare KOGI force. Kogi state is the first state where a case of election dual governorship exist, KOGI is the state where senator recall process commence and past 50% percent, there are other things that KOGI is getting done where some giant state can't achieve.

Dare not Kogi decision.
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 24, 2017
KINGinVAHALA:
Nigeria judiciary is the country number one problem, I am saying this because of antecedents and simply because just as saraki, melaye prayer will be granted by the court at the end.

Judiciary is not our problem.

On this matter u have to ask who signed those 188k signatures

There should be a clear evidence of that before it should be acted upon.

(1). Lack of knowledge.
(2). Tribalism.
(3). Religion.

These are our major problems in this country, Number one is the worse, the most dangerous.
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by saintandsinnerz: 2:48pm On Jun 24, 2017
modath:

I'm sure no one is surprised that he called on Ozekhome? Anywhere the water is unclean, He is there bubbling under the surface..
cheesy
You have resurfaced again,there was relative sanity here since you traveled with the brainless cow called president. Please we don't need your disturbances here
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by vickylincon(m): 3:03pm On Jun 24, 2017
DamiBukola:
So tell me your interest in his recall? As a saner Nigerian who celebrates nobody but only interested in justice and equity, you have no fucking business to celebrate or deny Dino his right to seek redress in Court. So because of your party, we shouldn't seek redress before the Courts again? This mentality of everybody is a sinner except those in the good book of your Lords is the reason you guys are losing the cases left and right
what are you saying really? and who's denying him his right? I say it again, no Politician is worth your fight. I hope you remember it is this same Dino that force this yahya Bello on Kogi then...don't fight for them bro
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by BERNIMOORE: 3:17pm On Jun 24, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

I insist that INEC is not going to cross-check signatures on that list to the one on their data base (if there's even any). I registered for my card almost 6yrs back, I am sure I supled just my bio data and only signed off while collecting the original PVC and that is why there's no space for signature in the PVC.

Once 50% of the signed off names on the list are authenticated as registered voters in Dino's constituency, the verification exercise is fine and dusted.

1, you still cannot get off the fact that 'the Case is more than INEC Now, Dino will pray the court to stop Inec to allow unbiased verification and it will be Granted

2, The Case will stop @ supreme court before Inec can even start the verification

3, inec will wait till the supreme court pronouncement......

Case of Atiku vs FG, Court Stops Inec

Attempts by counsel to INEC, Mr. Joe-Kyari Gadzama (SAN) to stop the court from proceeding with the hearing of the appeal was rejected as the presiding justice, Katsina-Alu, expressed the readiness of the court to proceed with the matter in view of time factor.

Read more: http://nm.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=9777#ixzz4kvfY6Nw4
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Yusman316(m): 3:23pm On Jun 24, 2017
DamiBukola:
APC useless mentality, always blame people for their ineptness and lack of good lawyers to draft good charges
Yeah! the same charges that get people convicted elsewhere except Nigeria!!
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by megafone: 3:33pm On Jun 24, 2017
Injunction can't stop election and as such recall! This is democracy. A sane judge should know this!
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by DamiBukola: 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2017
Yusman316:

Yeah! the same charges that get people convicted elsewhere except Nigeria!!
Iwhich country? In those countries, they conduct proper investigation and findings then come up with concrete evidence and the people are charged to court because they have committed crimes and not to wait until they criticize the ruling party or are in opposition to what the government does.
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by A190(f): 4:54pm On Jun 24, 2017
Frankiss44:

The hardest part hasn't been achieved son.. The hardest part is not getting signatures but validating the authenticity of those signatures.. Just a proof that one is forged throws everything into jeopardy... And trust me, majority of those signatures might have been forged
Those signatures were bought for 200 naira each. They paid people to sign, especially old and hungry people who couldn't read, they tricked them.
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by A190(f): 4:54pm On Jun 24, 2017
double0seven:

I disagree, the hardest part really is getting the signatures. How can verifying the signatures be the hardest part?

If the signatures are for real, the people only need sit down while INEC does the work.

Of course, Nigeria being Nigeria, they have to sit down with both feet standing and both eyes wide open
The signatures are forged
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by proudlyYoruba(m): 5:05pm On Jun 24, 2017
obamabinladen:

Shataaap. Even your Falana defended Buhari on his certificate matter.
This idiot Don turn am to tribal battle
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by njuko678: 5:45pm On Jun 24, 2017
boost your account and see text below
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by drnoel: 6:01pm On Jun 24, 2017
MysticalTee:
Senator Dino Melaye of Kogi West Senatorial district has filed a lawsuit at the Federal high Court in Abuja seeking a court injunction to halt his recall from the Senate.

According to SaharaReporters sources, a panic-stricken Melaye had been shopping for a judge in the last 48 hours that could grant an injunction to halt the process after word reached him that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was meeting to decide on an appropriate response to the submission of more 188,000 signatures to their headquarters on Wednesday from his constituents who wanted him recalled from the Nigerian Senate.

On Thursday INEC issued a statement notifying the public that it will be verifying the signatures on July 3rd 2017. The commission also wrote to Melaye notifying him of the official commencement of the recall exercise.

Mr. Melaye’s lawyers today filed a 33-page legal argument seeking to obtain injunctive reliefs from the court. The application was accompanied by an affidavit of urgency filed by a staff of Mr. Ozekhome’s law firm.

http://saharareporters.com/2017/06/23/senator-dino-melaye-panics-hires-mike-ozekhome-stop-his-recall-court

Where shall it be that constituents can't recall a senator or representative of their choice but have to settle the case in court. If that ever happens then the Nigerians system is really a farce and Nigerian will sink into oblivion cos it completely proves right the words of Nanamdi Kanu and ipob.
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by engineerboat(m): 7:57pm On Jun 24, 2017
BERNIMOORE:

1, you still cannot get off the fact that 'the Case is more than INEC Now, Dino will pray the court to stop Inec to allow unbiased verification and it will be Granted

2, The Case will stop @ supreme court before Inec can even start the verification

3, inec will wait till the supreme court pronouncement......

Case of Atiku vs FG, Court Stops Inec

Attempts by counsel to INEC, Mr. Joe-Kyari Gadzama (SAN) to stop the court from proceeding with the hearing of the appeal was rejected as the presiding justice, Katsina-Alu, expressed the readiness of the court to proceed with the matter in view of time factor.

Read more: http://nm.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=9777#ixzz4kvfY6Nw4

People will keep shouting INEC will not verify.

Then i ask them.

1. How does former dead aspirant resurrect again to sign. (Recalled done wrong)

2. Why is bello using state government bus to carry signed register to INEC

3. Little above 100 thousand voted during election when moae is high and now suddenly 188 thousand surfaced to recall a man fighting for the prompt payment of workers salary.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by intruxive(m): 8:00pm On Jun 24, 2017
How can you challenge a report that you have not officially seen yet.
Any leaked info that is not from inec is null and void.
Dino wait and verify b4 u challeng and stop this delay tactics ur oga saraki used
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by engineerboat(m): 8:03pm On Jun 24, 2017
intruxive:
How can you challenge a report that you have not officially seen yet.
Any leaked info that is not from inec is null and void.
Dino wait and verify b4 u challeng and stop this delay tactics ur oga saraki used

It is called iku n de dede, dede n deku

They want to distract him; he also want to distract them.

Its a way of telling INEC do the right thing
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by obamabinladen(m): 9:29pm On Jun 24, 2017
proudlyYoruba:
This idiot Don turn am to tribal battle

Speak to your father in this manner.
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Frankiss44(m): 4:01am On Jun 25, 2017
A190:

Those signatures were bought for 200 naira each. They paid people to sign, especially old and hungry people who couldn't read, they tricked them.

LOL.. Even a blind man knows this.. I laugh at people's foolishness..
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Frankiss44(m): 4:05am On Jun 25, 2017
Nellybii:

So you are enjoying Nigeria the way it is . No problems. I will always repeat this. Thunder will destroy anyone that supports corruption and defends looters but complains about Nigeria being underdeveloped.

The thunder you are sending to other people will start from your family, beginning from your mother... Where in this statement did I say anything about enjoying Nigeria the way it is? We are talking about process that is full with errors and flaws and you are blabbing rubbish.. It is the same mentality that the EFCC has that is making lose cases upon cases when it gets to court.. So much in hurry to fight an opponent that you don't mind involving in corruption to fight corruption.. Am responsible for what I have typed but am not responsible for what you understand..
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Frankiss44(m): 4:10am On Jun 25, 2017
GavelSlam:

Opinions should not include outright lies.

Outright lies indeed.. This is what happens when a fool has access to the Internet

http://dailypost.ng/2017/06/23/dino-melayes-recall-controversy-dead-gubernatorial-aspirant-allegedly-puts-signature/
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by nattyhero(m): 9:08am On Jun 25, 2017
double0seven:

I disagree, the hardest part really is getting the signatures. How can verifying the signatures be the hardest part?

If the signatures are for real, the people only need sit down while INEC does the work.

Of course, Nigeria being Nigeria, they have to sit down with both feet standing and both eyes wide open

My brother I bet you with just 10k a lot of ppl who signed will renounce or denounce their signatures. This is naija. The level of poverty makes some ppl do stupid things
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Nellybii: 9:47am On Jun 25, 2017
Frankiss44:

The thunder you are sending to other people will start from my family, beginning from my mother... Where in this statement did I say anything about enjoying Nigeria the way it is? We are talking about process that is full with errors and flaws and you are blabbing rubbish.. It is the same mentality that the EFCC has that is making lose cases upon cases when it gets to court.. So much in hurry to fight an opponent that you don't mind involving in corruption to fight corruption.. Am responsible for what I have typed but am not responsible for what you understand..

That's nice. Well deserved!!
Lightning too.
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by millhouse: 10:00am On Jun 25, 2017
hi
ubongokon:
now I know dino is not intelligent , he's going to court to stop inec from performing their duty or d people from carrying out their constitunal ryt !?
see who is calling someone unintelligent.. So you think the over two hundred thousand signatories are all genuine? You must be living in your own world
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Intrepid01(m): 4:12pm On Jun 25, 2017
it is so surprising that all comments here are all based on personal opinion rather than fact...the constitution of the Country is available for all to access, yet we choose to argue using personal views and sentiments. I had to go look up the Constitution in this, according to Section 69, nothing says INEC should verify each of the signature as opined by some people here, nothing in the Constitution says once one of the signature is forged, all other becomes null and void.....

the two steps enumerated in the constitution are :

1. A signature of at least one-half of registered voters in the Senator's constituent shall be submitted to INEC with a petition that they have lost confidence in the Senator.

2. INEC upon receipt of the petition, shall conduct a referendum and by a simple majority, the petition shall be approved...

please knowledgeable people of the constitution of the Country should comment.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 25, 2017
Frankiss44:

The hardest part hasn't been achieved son.. The hardest part is not getting signatures but validating the authenticity of those signatures.. Just a proof that one is forged throws everything into jeopardy... And trust me, majority of those signatures might have been forged
naa i think they only have to verify 50% of the signatures.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ireti Kingibe: MKO Abiola Abandoned My Husband - Kingibe’s Wife / Peter Obi Built The Biggest Mall In Abuja During His Tenure / Buhari To Attend G7 Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.