Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

H1n1 . . .the Follow Up! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / H1n1 . . .the Follow Up! (592 Views)

Malawi Suspends Anti-gay Laws. Would Nigerian lawmakers Follow Suit? / As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow / Black Pope Could Follow Barack Obama's Election. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

H1n1 . . .the Follow Up! by NegroNtns(m): 5:58pm On Jan 26, 2010
Couple of months ago forecasts were released to the public warning that thousands of people would be infected and die from the H1N1 virus. Governmment said people should go get shots to prevent infection.

This is a follow up. Can anyone tell us if you know how many people have so far died in comparison to the forecast.
Re: H1n1 . . .the Follow Up! by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 26, 2010
I guess you never heard the saying - to be forewarned is to be forearmed.

If not for those "forecasts" you so ignorantly deride . . . chickenpox would still be killing us today.

Those forecasts were wide off the mark but its better to be safe than sorry. Viruses that make the animal-human jump are known to be the most virulent and difficult to treat. Think Ebola or Marburg viruses.
Re: H1n1 . . .the Follow Up! by JeSoul(f): 6:21pm On Jan 26, 2010
Yeah I agree with David. I actually prefer that the forecast was more aggressive than passive. Its better to plan for the worst and experience the best, than plan for the best and experience the worst.
Re: H1n1 . . .the Follow Up! by Mariory(m): 7:08pm On Jan 26, 2010
Negro_Ntns:

Couple of months ago forecasts were released to the public warning that thousands of people would be infected and die from the H1N1 virus.  Governmment said people should go get shots to prevent infection.

This is a follow up.  Can anyone tell us if you know how many people have so far died in comparison to the forecast.

The US made a vaccine after their citizens became infected and started dying from disease they themselves created to destroy drug lords in Mexico. They made a mistake. They could have just used their secret super weapon that reliable sources know about and just destroyed Mexico.
Re: H1n1 . . .the Follow Up! by NegroNtns(m): 12:59am On Jan 27, 2010
Yeah I agree with David. I actually prefer that the forecast was more aggressive than passive. Its better to plan for the worst and experience the best, than plan for the best and experience the worst.

I am yet to see anyone that does not like an effective contingency. We all do!

Its problematic when forecasts intrude into civil liberties. H1N1 was an intrusion of liberties, that's my point. . .I'm not opposed to planning.
Re: H1n1 . . .the Follow Up! by MyJoe: 1:14pm On Jan 27, 2010
davidylan:

If not for those "forecasts" you so ignorantly deride . . . chickenpox would still be killing us today.

Those forecasts were wide off the mark but its better to be safe than sorry. Viruses that make the animal-human jump are known to be the most virulent and difficult to treat. Think Ebola or Marburg viruses.

Facts.
Re: H1n1 . . .the Follow Up! by g1(m): 5:48pm On Jan 27, 2010
davidylan:

SPOT ON!!!!

(1) (Reply)

The Deaths Of Nazi Joseph Goebbels And His Family - Fruits Of Hate / Is Libyan Feeling The Heat ? / Be Your Own Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.