Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,819 members, 7,862,710 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:44 AM

#lifelately: Ep 9 7 Months Later,how I Survived! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / #lifelately: Ep 9 7 Months Later,how I Survived! (245 Views)

Mercy & Ike Show Ep 9 | I Was Thinking Of Marrying Mercy But Not Anymore - Ike / Tobi Akingbade: How I Survived Coronavirus / Lexine Dumlesi Yobo's 1st Birthday. "You Survived Incomplete Abortion" - Adaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#lifelately: Ep 9 7 Months Later,how I Survived! by Thestylishdocto(f): 6:55am On Jun 24, 2017
Good morning darlings!what have you been up to? Lately I have been reminiscing on my experience 7 months ago and what I went through Here and Here
It wasn't what I expected but I can say that I have adjusted pretty well.
So my place of work is located in a village which I think is quite thoughtful of the government so that they have access to quality healthcare and don't get left out of development.
Problem is there is hardly light,haven't been for the past 3 weeks and you have to walk some distance to fetch water. The closest market is about 45 minutes away even that does not have all that you need.
I can't believe I have been here for 7 whole months already.
I can remember cancelling out each day from my calendar, counting down to the end of this programme. Goodness! How time flies!
I actually came unprepared and I feel obligated to give you tips on how to survive if you get posted to such place for service,job or whatever.

1.Rechargeables are non negotiable. Light is a luxury so be prepared!

2.you need a laptop. While televisions are cool, you need light to be able to watch it but once you can charge your laptop you are good , at least until the battery goes off then you are back to square1

3. You need a bestie,or two. You see this is not the kind of place where you fly solo because you will be bored out of your mind. A few good friends to gist and hang out with will make it easier to endure.

4. You need to have lots of money in your pocket. Yo would expect that since you are going there to work you will survive with your salary, well we all thought so until we were hit by the harsh reality of the country we live in. First of all from my experience I spent a whooping sum trying to make it "livable" and then the salary didn't come as expected until much later when we were almost eating grass. So make sure you have enough stacked in case of eventualities.

5. Be sure to fleet the entire house with insecticide after cleaning, before you move in, very important!

6. Keep the porshness away it won't do you any good. You can't be in Rome and be acting like a Ghanian ko le werk!

7.Get acquainted
I had a cab man who gave me a sort of orientation about where not to go at certain times, where to hold my purse tight. What kind of people lived where and how to blend in and that was quite helpful. Study your environment.

With these few points of mine I hope I have been able to convince NYSC that I have payed my dues hence should be posted someone fancy for my service while also getting you prepared in case you find yourself someone similar.
I hope this helps you start your day on a beautiful note.

http://diaryofastylishdoctor..com.ng

Thanks for stopping by
XOXO
Cee

(1) (Reply)

Lost Files Reconstructive Softwares / Don Jazzy Replies A Fan Who Told Him He Must Marry / Multilevel Strategic Algorithms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.