Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,435 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Who Is To Keep Marriage Certificate? Husband Or Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is To Keep Marriage Certificate? Husband Or Wife (2564 Views)

Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? / Nigeria Introduces New Federal Marriage Certificate / Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is To Keep Marriage Certificate? Husband Or Wife by imam07: 7:46am On Jun 24, 2017
Do we have lawyers on this trend? Or someone who understands court marriage concept.
The first question is who is to keep marriage certificate? Is it the husband or the wife?
Number 2.What are the advantages and disadvantages to the husband keeping a marriage certificate?
Number 3. What are the advantages and disadvantages to the wife keeping a marriage certificate.
Lastly,is there any risk for the wife of she allows her husband to keep the marriage certificate.
Pls I need a reasonable response to these questions.
Thank you.
Re: Who Is To Keep Marriage Certificate? Husband Or Wife by thesicilian: 8:36am On Jun 24, 2017
That one reach to cause fight again?
Re: Who Is To Keep Marriage Certificate? Husband Or Wife by menxer: 8:37am On Jun 24, 2017
Certificates are just pieces of paper that are always filled away.

Emphasis should be on character, peace, love/care, productivity, not a piece of paper nobody remembers after the wedding day; Because if one can't deliver on those the certificate counts for nothing.
Re: Who Is To Keep Marriage Certificate? Husband Or Wife by imam07: 9:35am On Jun 24, 2017
If d document is not that important,why do they emphasize that d wife should keep it.
Re: Who Is To Keep Marriage Certificate? Husband Or Wife by Yesitsme(f): 11:02am On Jun 24, 2017
The wife keeps it, during m court wedding it was given to be for keeps. The reason is cos Incase there a divorce, the woman can make claims of certain things with the certificate at hand.
Re: Who Is To Keep Marriage Certificate? Husband Or Wife by Quinn22(f): 12:17pm On Jun 24, 2017
Is this even an issue? Nigerians just like to complicate every small thing angry
Re: Who Is To Keep Marriage Certificate? Husband Or Wife by imam07: 12:46pm On Jun 24, 2017
Yesitsme:
The wife keeps it, during m court wedding it was given to be for keeps. The reason is cos Incase there a divorce, the woman can make claims of certain things with the certificate at hand.
But how can the wife make any claim if the certificate is already with the husband?
I guess only people that are into this court marriage can only understand this topic. Singles can't make genue comment here. If u understand this well,let hear u.
Re: Who Is To Keep Marriage Certificate? Husband Or Wife by imam07: 12:50pm On Jun 24, 2017
Quinn22:
Is this even an issue? Nigerians just like to complicate every small thing angry
Say what you know about the topic if you know is a small thing. If u are married I know u will understand but if u are not, I know u will not have anything to say

2 Likes

Re: Who Is To Keep Marriage Certificate? Husband Or Wife by Yesitsme(f): 1:53pm On Jun 24, 2017
imam07:
But how can the wife make any claim if the certificate is already with the husband?
I guess only people that are into this court marriage can only understand this topic. Singles can't make genue comment here. If u understand this well,let hear u.
court always gives it to the wife cos it's hers, in cases where the man decides to act up. Was it given to the husband or he forcefully collected it? U may have to look for a way to collect it from him or obtain it by force. If not, get a lawyer for advice or u show yr Court pics as evidence.
Re: Who Is To Keep Marriage Certificate? Husband Or Wife by imam07: 3:29pm On Jun 24, 2017
Yesitsme:
court always gives it to the wife cos it's hers, in cases where the man decides to act up. Was it given to the husband or he forcefully collected it? U may have to look for a way to collect it from him or obtain it by force. If not, get a lawyer for advice or u show yr Court pics as evidence.
She says the the husband is planning to go to court for divorce.
Re: Who Is To Keep Marriage Certificate? Husband Or Wife by Yesitsme(f): 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2017
imam07:
She says the the husband is planning to go to court for divorce.
and he is with the divorce certificate?
Re: Who Is To Keep Marriage Certificate? Husband Or Wife by imam07: 7:23pm On Jun 24, 2017
Yea
Yesitsme:
and he is with the divorce certificate?

(1) (Reply)

Am I Safe With My Decision / The Perfect Man: The Day My Dad Couldn't Kill A Snake For Me. / Nigerian Man Show Of His Wife Who He Met When She Was A Minor (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.