Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,382 members, 7,853,704 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:05 PM

Kidnapper Evans: A Nairalander Article - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kidnapper Evans: A Nairalander Article (504 Views)

Billionaire Kidnapper, Evans Loses In Court / Female Kidnapper Stripped Unclad In Ibadan After Hypnotizing Children. Photo / Kidnapper, Evans Arraigned In Court (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kidnapper Evans: A Nairalander Article by Lightspeaksblog(m): 2:43pm On Jun 24, 2017
Is their anyone who actually does look forward to Saturday Morning? Well, there is.

And that’s me. And here’s my Saturday.

7:30 AM and we’ve all filed out, ready for the intensive bible-study. It was to be led by mum. I never frequented my bible so I always looked forward to Saturdays.

‘What dreams did my Angels have’- mum was in the constant habit of asking this question, and somehow I tried to evade it, not that I didn’t dream dreams, but, they weren’t worthwhile (so I thought), they weren’t really worth sharing.

Mum wasn’t bemused by my silence, she had gotten used to it. It was a sequel to the question ‘Light, what dream did you have’.

She broke the 30-seconds long silence with ‘who can remind us where we stopped last Saturday’.

I don’t know if it’s amnesia, but I tend to forget things rapidly these days, they say it’s a sign of old-age but I’m barely *coughs.

Everyone was somewhat somnolent. ‘who wakes up by 7:30 AM on Saturday? I thought Saturdays were for outright sleep and more sleep’– this was the look that read on my brother’s face.

Mum knew a response was far from reach.

‘Psalm 109 verses 1 through 8’ she said impishly.

A little insight into last Saturday- we had a 3-hour intensive bible study and guess what? We covered just 8 verses of Psalm 109. That’s my mum. ‘you can study a verse for one-straight hour’- this had become her own cliché; every Saturday we heard it. This Saturday wasn’t going to be an exception.

We began. It was a tradition to hear the various translation of a verse. I use a Good News Bible and so when I heard ‘Light, your translation’, I immediately blurted out- ‘may his children become orphans, and his wife a widow’. Something crossed my mind as soon as I was done reading. It was Evans. The Notorious kidnap kingpin. This verse was intertwined with his situation right now. How coincidental.

THE THOUGHT I HAD ON MY TOILET SEAT

It was a lengthy bible study, a hour and half. I didn’t have time to think about Evans and his current predicament, which was majorly ‘cos mum was interrupting my thoughts with ‘Light, what does your translation say’.

Attending to nature’s call later in the day, felt the most perfect time to be pensive.

Earlier in the week, I took out time to read every bit of information I could lay my hands on as regards ‘Evans’ case. Both online and in print. Watched videos as regards the case on Channels Television youtube page (Had to put Trevor Noah’s youtube on hold)

There’s no attempt to be heartless in my take on the issue. Every one has an opinion, you conform or not

I’m not going to play pity-party after reading an article online, where his wife said she wants the powers that be to spare his life. For the children (5) and for her.

Meet the infamous Evans- A notorious kidnap kingpin, notable for swindling his victims of sums amounting to a N100 Million.

1 Tim 6:10 is a popular verse that speaks on the love of money as being the root of all evil. Evans loved money, obviously. The ‘b’ part of that verse says- ‘which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows’

‘He reads Psalm 23 a lot. Even his phone, he sets alarm for 12 noon to read psalm 23. He took part in our daily prayers in the morning, evening and night. He used to lead us in prayers’- these are words his wife told Vanguard Nigeria.

There is obviously no possible means of serving two masters. One must go. Money or God. Evans chose Money. Money over God . He coveted after money and by so doing, erred from the faith.

You can’t have it all. There’s this insatiable urge to have it all, everyday- like a nymphomaniac is to sex.

He didn’t relent. He went for the big-fish. Someone (one of his victims) claimed to paying a ransom of over a million dollars. Mr. Evans, just how much do you need?

If I was to adjudicate, I’d tell the prosecutors to do unto him as it is written in Exodus 21:16 ‘anyone who kidnaps another and either sells him or still has him when he is caught must be put to death’

For our God is a merciful God- is that what you’re saying right now? What happened to the other part that says he is a consuming fire (Heb. 12:29).

Do you even have an Idea of the psychological and physical damage done to his victims (individuals he kidnapped) and the terror and grief it brought to family and friends. It’s the stories we hear that we know. The one’s under the carpet, the victims who are so traumatized and can’t even open up to security operatives. All his victims lay claim to having a frightening and sordid encounter while in their den. Molestation of all sorts .

My sympathy is with his ‘innocent’ kids. Kids who taught dad was a super-hero. Kids who thought dad tirelessly worked his butt-off to fend for the family, kids who were denied ‘good-life’ even when dad had illegitimate money. Kids who would have to become orphans . Kids who would live with infamy knowing fully well that their dad was a kidnap kingpin.

My sympathy is with his wife who would eventually become a widow, who was so deluded as to believing she knew the intricacies of marriage at a tender age of 17, who never for once thought her husband to be a bad man only to see his stories all over the media.

My sympathy is with all his victims; those overcome by the trauma of being in a secluded room for months. The trauma of knowing that with every passing second in their den they were one inch closer to their death bed . Vicitms whose relatives had to break banks to get the outrageous ransom .

You want to live in affluence, you want that legit ‘feel-good’ life. you want the kind of money that you don’t have to bury in sewers or stock-up in rented apartment for fear of security operatives. You want the kind of wealth that has no iota of trepidation in it. KIDNAPPING IS NOT THE WAY. KIDNAPPING WILL NEVER BE THE WAY. STOP THE NEFARIOUS ACTIVITY. THERE IS AN END.

I could hear my brother’s voice in my head ‘at the end of the day, its our relationship with God that matters, have a personal walk with God and that’s it’– these were his favorite words. He said it day, noon and night. It never really did make sense to me but now it did. Evans obviously didn’t have a relationship with God, he didn’t have a personal walk with his creator. Claims that he had a notification for when to read psalm 23 doesn’t mean he had a relationship with God.

Live the God life. The God life doesn’t give room for kidnapping or any sort of vicious crime.

2 Tim 2:22- Flee youthful lust…

P.S: I’m so sorry it’s lengthy, didn’t mean for it to be this long.

Big-Ups to Abba Kyari. His name seems to be on everybody’s lips. The man behind the arrest. Our very own Jack Bauer.

Link- https://lightspeaksblog./2017/06/24/there-is-an-end/
Re: Kidnapper Evans: A Nairalander Article by arewangle: 2:27pm On Nov 06, 2022
You can read about lindsey hill who accuses trevor bauer of sexual assault
https://www.arewangle.com.ng/2022/10/lindsey-hill-accuses-trevor-bauer-of-sexual-assault.html

(1) (Reply)

Suspected Oil Thieves Apprehended By The Nigerian Navy In Port-harcourt. Photos / Men Arrested With Human Skull In Ogun State / Attackers Heading To The East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.