Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,583 members, 7,837,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Nigerian Is Doomed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Is Doomed (655 Views)

Nigeria Is Doomed. Aero And Dana Experience / If Jonathan Wins Nigeria Is Doomed / List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Is Doomed by Oluti(m): 2:53am On Jan 27, 2010
To my fellow Nigerians who expected this year to be a happy one I am sorry to disappoint you. This year is going to be the most turbulent year this country will ever witnessed.  It is either going to be the end of this contraption called Nigeria or the beginning of a new dawn.  If we still have a country after this year, it is going to be different from the Nigeria we all know. Call me a prophet a doom if you like. I don’t care.

The dream I saw for this country is far from palatable.  Forget about prayer. God will never intervene in the affairs of this country until we are ready to confront our oppressors head on. Governance has practically collapsed in the country but our leaders are playing the ostrich. Where else but in Nigeria will a country continue to run itself without a leader for two months and the party in power continue to behave as if nothing is amiss? No one except the president immediate family knows the true condition of the president health. The Saudis are not telling us anything. Forget his speech on BBC interview service. If we must disbelieve the U.S Observer then he president must speak to Nigeria through NTA or FRCN. The country is on the brink of a revolution but our lawbreakers are still busy sharing Ghana- must- go bags. It is only in this country that petrol being sold at 65 Naira the previous day will sell for 100 Naira the following day and people will shrugged and say “at least we dey see am buy.”

Where else in the world will a group of people who want to hold on to power at all cost foist on us a  supplementary budget purported to be sighed by a sick president who cannot even address his nation on a New Year day and all hell will not break loose? If this is not obtaining under false pretence then tell me what to call their action. No matter how many times they perfected their evil plan for the military to take over and hand over to them, they will fail. Don’t these people ever learn? Abiola made this same mistake; he paid the supreme price for it.

It is only in Nigerian a vice president  gives instruction to an ordinary minister to postpone a foreign trip because of crisis emanating  from his ministry as a result of his incompetence and the minister will shrugged and say ‘to hell with you’ and proceeded on the trip.  It is from this nonentity's ministry despite persistent fuel scarcity that many ships laden with fuel were on the high seas waiting to offload but has been unable because of his bureaucratic nonsense. These ships incur about $35,000 demurrage daily. Anyone who doubted me can go to the Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) who has been pressurizing NNPC to stop this wastage and let them use their ships to offload these cargoes to no avail. Some of these ships have been on the high seas for more than four months!

Something must be wrong upstairs with those saddled (?) with the task of running the affairs of this country if they can put such a fool in charge of the most important ministry in this country. The man may be a professor or a formal Vice Chancellor. So what ? Many professors in this country are by quota so means nothing. The man is too old for the all-important ministry he heads. He is bereft of new ideas. His ministry keeps telling us they have enough fuel to go round but for saboteurs who are making things difficult when all evidence on ground points to the contrary. The sad truth is that the marketers who imports more that 70% of the petroleum products consumed in this country stopped importing. They vowed not to import again until government pays them about 75 billion bridging claim it owed them, make a categorical statement about its deregulation policy and allowed them unfettered access to bank loan. No matter how many filling stations DPR closes, the scarcity will continue. The marketers have the government by the balls and they know it. The government is desirous of deregulating but is afraid of the aftermath because NUPENG and PENGASAN have vowed to make the country ungovernable if government did not put some things in place first.  They want importation of fuel stopped. They want the refineries fixed and new ones built.  Minimum wages must be increased to at least =N=53,000 per month, which I think is chicken feed considering that a federal legislature’s total package without unaccountable incomes excluding Ghana must go and all is not less than 100 million Naira per year. They also want NEPA or are they PHCN now to give us at least 18 hours of uninterrupted power supply daily, which is reasonable. After all Ghana provides her citizens with 24 hours of uninterrupted power daily.  The government knows they cannot meet these conditions because they either are bereft of ideas on how to accomplish this or lack the will the do so. I have always been a fervent believer of democracy but ten years of PDP have changed my opinion. I now realize Abacha regime is better than what we have presently. To hell with all politicians in Nigeria. They have failed us.

Nigerians don’t believe in this country and will never fight for any common cause. One event lends credence this assertion. Contrary to popular belief outside Nigeria, we are no cowards. Nigeria needs to belief in something before they act.
After the Babangida shenanigan that led to the political stalemate in the country at that time, the lame duck man who the military selected to do the hatchet job of the cabal who arrogated to themselves the sole right to rule this country increased the price of petroleum products. PENGASAN (of which I was a member) and NUPENG in conjunction with NLC called all Nigerian to a sit- at-home strike. The NURTW who are also members of NLC were the first union to break the strike by working in the evening after buying fuel at exorbitant price from the black market. While we were home and sometimes at our union headquarters perfecting strategies to further the cause of checkmating the military, many Nigerian were trekking to their offices and places of business everyday. I really suffered during those weeks. While my family and I were practically starving, many Nigerian were smiling to the banks by selling fuel (sometime adulterated) in the black market.  From then on, I knew it is worthless to fight or die for any cause in this country. Everybody except few Nigerians already know this is not a country but an amalgamation of nations waiting to implode. 

Obasanjo had the greatest opportunity to put this country on the path of progress by righting all wrongs. He could have given the country the type of constitution it desired if he wanted because he had already checkmated the so-called power cabal and became the country maximum ruler. His word was law. He had the opportunity to write his name on the sand of time of this country but he chose not to. He instead went on his ill-fated jamboree called third term adventure. He is now one of the most hated Yoruba man alive. 

Back to why I said this year will mark the beginning of the end of Nigeria if not the end. Election would be held in Anambra state in February 6 and against all odds, PDP will repeat the Ekiti magic by declaring Soludo the biggest crook we once hailed as the saviour of our banking world as the winner. All hell will brake loose. Unlike in Ekiti, the loser will not bother to go to court this time, as they know from experience this is a useless option. The Uba brothers will join hands with the other political parties. The aftermath will be a child play to the operation wetie of the so-called wild wild west.  The police will not be able to quell the mayhem. Soludo will run to Abuja like Omoboriowo of old Ondo state. Soldiers will come in. Many people will be killed. The world will be aghast at the display of brutality by the soldiers. Those in power will be afraid. The military would lose its remaining credibility because many of them will support Yaradua. I don’t mean the one in Saudi. Two things will either happen. The North will quickly rally some southerners that still have credibility left; convey a national conference to work out our differences or radical soldiers takes over and kill thousands I mean thousands of people. Either way, we are doomed.  The conference will end up in a fiasco because the seed of distrust already sown would be heightened.  The north will experience what both the west and the east once experienced.

At the end of the day, the only solution may be to your tent O Israel.  The radical
soldiers will not last few weeks before another one takes over and another and another.  Abuja will become a battlefield.

Before I forget, those who forged the president signature on the supplementary budget will try to replicate it on the 2010 budget. The move will backfire. This will mark the beginning of the crisis that will engulf the presidential villa. This crisis will consume them and all their cronies. Obasanjo might have used Yaradua to spite us for rejecting his third term folly, the imposition is now his nemesis. Head or tail Nigeria is jinxed.
Re: Nigerian Is Doomed by CyberG: 3:09am On Jan 27, 2010
Very long post without proper paragraphing. . .wonder what kind of students are in Naija of today or is it a case of laziness to write properly?
Re: Nigerian Is Doomed by bkbaybe99: 4:09am On Jan 27, 2010
CyberG, wuts ur problemo? Improper paragraphing my nuts!wut did he do wrong? Can u do better? Instead of to look for a solution to ur country's problem, all u could come up with was that duke was writing wrong.good for u,monkey. @Poster, I disagree wit ya; Nigeria is a nation of cowards!

(1) (Reply)

Hilary Clinton Blames Nigeria Leaders For Extremism / Let Us Finish The Oil For The Delta First / Open Letter - Us, France, Britain & Eu Joint Statement On Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.