Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,292 members, 7,815,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? (5543 Views)

David Jones David – Giant Killer Ft Evangelist Jenny Kenny / Country Music Singer, Don Williams Dies At 78 / Don Williams Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by Teophilus96(m): 12:44pm On Jun 25, 2017
Them both are my guys.I love them Cos they are simply great.
I love their songs that I don't know who gives the best of of Profoundly gripping and captivating lyrics.

If you think any one is better,Give your reason or mention any of their songs that nailed it !

Here are my Favourite KENNY ROGERS songs;
The Gambler
Reuben James
Coward of the county
she never knew me
It's gonna be easy now
You don't know me and som others too.

These are that of DON WILLIAMS
Good Ole boys
Tears of the lonely
Lord I hope this day is good
I'm just a country boy
If you could read my mind
I believe in love
Farewell Jamaica
Country bumpkin
Amanda
Mistakes and so many others

Who do you consider "The father of Country music "
between the both?

Pls to this who are not familiar with the two musicians, try and put an ear to their songs, and then your life will not remain same again.

Thank God am done with my exams!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by Teophilus96(m): 12:52pm On Jun 25, 2017
Don Williams

1 Share

Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by Teophilus96(m): 12:53pm On Jun 25, 2017
Kenny Rogers

1 Share

Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by davide470(m): 12:58pm On Jun 25, 2017
I grew up with the sounds of Don Williams and Lucky Dube.

So definitely, i would be biased and choose Don.

I am just a country boy, nothing i have none

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by Teophilus96(m): 1:03pm On Jun 25, 2017
davide470:
I grew up with the sounds of Don Williams and Lucky Dube.

So definitely, i would be biased and choose Don.

I am just a country boy, nothing i have none

Am also a fan of lucky and I love his songs equally with Don and Kenny.
I guess you haven't listened to kenny's songs.Until then,you can actually chose who is the better of the two.

Unfortunately for for me I don't know who inspires better.But I hope you'll when you've listened to them both.
Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by Teophilus96(m): 1:06pm On Jun 25, 2017
Mod airmark
pls introduce this two guys to our people here I guess they don't look familiar at all.
thanks
Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by thesicilian: 1:20pm On Jun 25, 2017
Each has his own uniqueness, I don't think I actually prefer any of them over the other.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by Teophilus96(m): 1:26pm On Jun 25, 2017
thesicilian:
Each has his own uniqueness, I don't think I actually prefer any of them over the other.

We both are actually of the same opinion.
But I want to see what I can't see btwn them both.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by Rick9(m): 1:27pm On Jun 25, 2017
I like country songs but not a great fan of country music. The song sound somehow, but I like Don Williams songs anyway

1 Like

Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by Koolmak(m): 1:31pm On Jun 25, 2017
Brothers country music is far beyond these two.

Zac Brown band, Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban, Little big Town, Jean Aldean, Eric Church, Sam Hunt, Blake Shelton, Carrie Underwood, Dierk Bentley, Tim McGraw among others rock my ear drum consistently with great lyrics and sounds.

I will try and check out Rogers soon.

1 Like

Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by Teophilus96(m): 1:36pm On Jun 25, 2017
Rick9:
I like country songs but not a great fan of country music. The song sound somehow, but I like Don Williams songs anyway

You're right it's not all country songs are captivating and in fact majority.But only few.And you can only here them from this two people and the likes of Dolly parton,Bob dylan,passenger and co.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by Teophilus96(m): 1:40pm On Jun 25, 2017
Koolmak:
Brothers country music is far beyond these two.

Zac Brown band, Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban, Little big Town, Jean Aldean, Eric Church, Sam Hunt, Blake Shelton, Carrie Underwood, Dierk Bentley, Tim McGraw among others rock my ear drum consistently with great lyrics and sounds.

I will try and check out Rogers soon.

Wow am thrilled.This is actually the main reason why I opened this thread.To learn !

I have never in my life heard about those aforementioned names. But I will shaperly check them out.

prescribe for me which to start with pls.
Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by Koolmak(m): 1:48pm On Jun 25, 2017
Teophilus96:

Wow am thrilled.This is actually the main reason why I opened this thread.To learn !

I have never in my life heard about those aforementioned names. But I will shaperly check them out.

prescribe for me which to start with pls.

Please checkout
Homegrown by Zac Brown band
Colder weather by Zac Brown band

My Church by Marren Morris

Jesus and Elvis by Kenny Chesney
There goes my life by Kenny Chesney
Come over by Kenny Chesney

Blue ain't your colour- Keith Urban
John cougar John Deere John 3:16- Keith Urban

Pontoon by little big town
Girl crush by little big town.

Bro do those ones first. Then we can continue from there.

Enjoy!! You life will not remain the same.

1 Like

Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by Teophilus96(m): 1:52pm On Jun 25, 2017
grin
Koolmak:

Please checkout
Homegrown by Zac Brown band
Colder weather by Zac Brown band

My Church by Marren Morris

Jesus and Elvis by Kenny Chesney
There goes my life by Kenny Chesney
Come over by Kenny Chesney

Blue ain't your colour- Keith Urban
John cougar John Deere John 3:16- Keith Urban

Pontoon by little big town
Girl crush by little big town.

Bro do those ones first. Then we can continue from there.

Enjoy!! You life will not remain the same.
Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by mikky4764(f): 2:01pm On Jun 25, 2017
Don Williams

1 Like

Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by Teophilus96(m): 2:08pm On Jun 25, 2017
mikky4764:
Don Williams

Hi
have you heard their songs b4 now?

MODIFIED
I asked because rarely do you find girls who take out time to listen to this songs of this kind.Wow.
Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by Teophilus96(m): 2:29pm On Jun 25, 2017
It's quite unfortunate and sad that I just realised I don't feel Country songs when it's coming from the girl folks.

Just listened to "my church" and "Girl crush".They are booth wonderful songs xpecially Girl crush, but I really hate to admit that it would have been better if a husky and deep voice had handled it.My opinion tho.

I'll still go through the others.
Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by Rick9(m): 2:49pm On Jun 25, 2017
Teophilus96:

You're right it's not all country songs are captivating and in fact majority.But only few.And you can only here them from this two people and the likes of Dolly parton,Bob dylan,passenger and co.
1000 Likes

1 Like

Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by mikky4764(f): 3:36pm On Jun 25, 2017
Teophilus96:

Hi

MODIFIED
I asked because rarely do you find girls who take out time to listen to this songs of this kind.Wow.
mention any Don Williams song nd I will give u the lyrics

1 Like

Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by Koolmak(m): 3:36pm On Jun 25, 2017
Teophilus96:
It's quite unfortunate and sad that I just realised I don't feel Country songs when it's coming from the girl folks.

Just listened to "my church" and "Girl crush".They are booth wonderful songs xpecially Girl crush, but I really hate to admit that it would have been better if a husky and deep voice had handled it.My opinion tho.

I'll still go through the others.
True talk bro.
Country music have gone far o, there is beauty in diversity. Those songs won Grammy in place of the husky voiced guys tho

1 Like

Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by mikky4764(f): 3:38pm On Jun 25, 2017
Teophilus96:

Hi

MODIFIED
Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by Koolmak(m): 3:38pm On Jun 25, 2017
mikky4764:

Really.

Can you do 'I just come here for the music' by don?
Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by mikky4764(f): 3:39pm On Jun 25, 2017
Teophilus96:

Hi

MODIFIED

Country music is my favouite, I prefer it to any other kind of music
Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by Teophilus96(m): 8:01pm On Jun 25, 2017
mikky4764:

I Believe in love.
Not the lyrics I want because it can be copied and pasted from any website. Rather can you tell me the philosophy behind The song.
Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by Teophilus96(m): 8:03pm On Jun 25, 2017
Koolmak:

True talk bro.
Country music have gone far o, there is beauty in diversity. Those songs won Grammy in place of the husky voiced guys tho

I'll learn to get used to them (the girl folks)

1 Like

Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by Teophilus96(m): 8:05pm On Jun 25, 2017
mikky4764:

Country music is my favouite, I prefer it to any other kind of music

Me too Hw abt Passenger do you listen to his songs Cos he's my favourite?
Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by Teophilus96(m): 8:08pm On Jun 25, 2017
Koolmak:
Really.
Can you do 'I just come here for the music' by don?

I haven't listened to that one tho. let me try it out.

1 Like

Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by Teophilus96(m): 8:12pm On Jun 25, 2017
Have you tried Ode to billy joe by Bobbie Gentry
Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by Koolmak(m): 8:22am On Jun 26, 2017
I will check it out
Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by mikky4764(f): 11:58am On Jun 26, 2017
[quote author=Teophilus96 post=57836987]

Me too
Hw abt Passenger do you listen to his songs Cos he's my favourite?[/quot

no, just Don Williams and Kenny Rogers.

1 Like

Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by Koolmak(m): 12:31pm On Jun 26, 2017
You should like these;

You and Tequila- Kenny Chesney

Humble and Kind-hearted Tim McGraw

1 Like

Re: Kenny Rogers Vs Don Williams. Who Did It Better? by Teophilus96(m): 5:34pm On Jun 26, 2017
[quote author=mikky4764 post=57853276][/quote]

Try Passenger
Let her go
Life's for the living
The long road
Riding to New York
Staring at the star's
Month of Sunday's
All the little stars
I hate
Patient love
When we were young
wrong direction
scare away the dark
Keep on walking
Holes

They all are great songs with powerful lyrics that will shoot your mind away from this crazy world.

(1) (2) (Reply)

MP3 Download: Davido – D&G Ft. Summer Walker / Download Music: Sarkodie – Trumpet Feat. Teephlow, Medikal | MP3 Download / Download Omah Lay – Boy Alone Album Zip File

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.