Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Plight Of A Nigerian Seafarer #june25th - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Plight Of A Nigerian Seafarer #june25th (485 Views)

Be A Seafarer In 6 Months / My Plight With A Recruiting Firm / My Plight With A Recruiting Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Plight Of A Nigerian Seafarer #june25th by Vegasailin: 3:46pm On Jun 25, 2017
My Name is Vincent Ajala,I'm a Marine Engineer from Nigeria. I'm A Seafarer.
Today is the day of seafarers and It's worthy of celebration. There is no plan by Government for the Seafarers.
The Maritime Sector is manned by People with big tummy with no idea about the Maritime Sector. There are some companies in Nigeria that doesn't accept Nigerian COC and NIMASA is there changing their logo. We are short-paid and Our foreign counterparts are preferred to indigenous seafarers in our own country . Many pple spent all their time and money to graduate studying marine engineering and nautical science,they hustled for years and nothing to show for it. NIMASA sponsored some students abroad and they have no rigid plan for them after graduation.
They plan on starting the Maritime University while the seafarers they have produced are still dangling like the ball of a pendulum. Many prospective seafarers switched career because its no longer promising and their families are seeing them as failures. I can't count the number of request I receive per day from cadets begging for cadetship,some heartless people still take advantage by duping them. I'm tired of giving people hope when the hope keeps fading away.
Cabotage Law is just an English word and it's not operational.
The Money We spend on Courses is outrageous with peanut salary.
The nepotism in the Maritime Sector has brought about quacks and dunderheads in the sector.
Our Maritime Sector is politicized.

We are too quiet for too long.
We are too quiet for too long.

#TimeToSpeak

Put ur name and Share the message

God bless Nigeria

please front-page pls
Re: Plight Of A Nigerian Seafarer #june25th by Vegasailin: 4:09pm On Jun 25, 2017
lalastica

where art thou?

(1) (Reply)

Insure Your Job Today Tomorrow Might Be Late. SPIS / Ways To Travel Out Of The Country Without Any Agent / 7 Ways To Bounce Back After A Mistake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.