Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Unpatriotic Citizens Clamour For Restructure, Says Senate Deputy Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unpatriotic Citizens Clamour For Restructure, Says Senate Deputy Leader (909 Views)

Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate / Bayelsa Senatorial Race: Supporters Clamour For Lyon, Dickson / Senate Deputy Chief Whip Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unpatriotic Citizens Clamour For Restructure, Says Senate Deputy Leader by Islie: 7:21pm On Jun 25, 2017
Amid agitations and ethnic tensions across the country, the Deputy Leader of the Senate, Senator Bala Ibn Na`Allah has described as unpatriotic those clamouring for restructuring of Nigeria.

Na`Allah, who stated this in an interview, noted that the concept of restructuring does not exist in the dictionary of the framers of Nigerian constitution.

According to the Senate Deputy Leader, the architect for the demands or agitation for what is called restructuring, physical federalism probably do not understand the context from which the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria is fashioned.

“Let me tell you today; the architect for the demands or agitation for what is called restructuring, physical federalism probably do not understand the context from which the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria is fashioned, if they do and they understand what we refer to as jurisprudence of constitutionalism, then they would understand that the concept of re-structuring does not exist in the dictionary of the framers of our constitution.

“If you look at the preamble of the constitution, we the people of the federal republic of Nigeria having decided to live together as a united nation under God; so all these concept of physical federation, restructuring etc. is to mislead the public for certain political interest, so it was never in anticipation of the farmers of our constitution that there was going to be such concepts.

“But what the framers of our constitution wanted is a united and prosperous Nigeria under one God; their understanding is that the constitution would be operated in such a manner as to foster the thinking and desires of the people to remain united prosperous under one God.

“So when you hear people talking about restructuring, Biafra, about physical federalism; these are people who are not patriotic and they would end up worse for it, if it were possible, they were allowed to have their way. They can take the example of southern Sudan for it.

“The thinking, the energy of any patriotic Nigerian should be on the administration of our constitution in such a way and manner as to reflect the desires of citizens and to ensure that institutions are built in such a way that quality is pursued in the country, good governance is in place, eliminate corruption to give equal opportunity to the citizens of Nigeria as reflected in our constitution, then we can be one of the greatest country in the world” stated Na`Allah.”

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/06/25/unpatriotic-citizens-clamour-for-restructure-says-senate-deputy-leader/

lalasticlala
Re: Unpatriotic Citizens Clamour For Restructure, Says Senate Deputy Leader by brize(m): 7:25pm On Jun 25, 2017
I pledge that Nigeria is not my country... Messed up geographical space

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpatriotic Citizens Clamour For Restructure, Says Senate Deputy Leader by jesse8048(m): 7:35pm On Jun 25, 2017
Fu_. ck'ed up country with f^uck^ed humans.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpatriotic Citizens Clamour For Restructure, Says Senate Deputy Leader by Biafrannuke: 7:36pm On Jun 25, 2017
lol...let some foolish Igbos continue giving elusive idea of restructuring a thought.
Restructuring is just a kite being flown by the North and yoruba to douse what the think is a momentary tension generated by the Biafran campaign.

The only way of getting what one wants is by moving forward and believing and not looking back or thinking twice. it is Biafra or nothing. It will come like a flash. just like the Israelites crossed the Rubicon of the red sea, Biafrans have set off on a journey of no return. when we leave they can restructure their country.

12 Likes

Re: Unpatriotic Citizens Clamour For Restructure, Says Senate Deputy Leader by Linzo(m): 7:38pm On Jun 25, 2017
Oga senate leader, why are you crying for people agitating for Biafra and restructuring? let it come first and let the people try it and doesn't favor or works then you can come on air to pity them. Oga whether you like it or not this country will be restructured

1 Like

Re: Unpatriotic Citizens Clamour For Restructure, Says Senate Deputy Leader by Evablizin(f): 7:43pm On Jun 25, 2017
Ok
Re: Unpatriotic Citizens Clamour For Restructure, Says Senate Deputy Leader by amjoseph19: 7:43pm On Jun 25, 2017
It's only a thief that won't want restructuring.
I don't want to be going to Abuja to ask the FG to help repair or implement something in my community.
I want a situation where I will hold my local government chairman responsible.

Anyone who doesn't want restructuring is the real enemy of the nation.

3 Likes

Re: Unpatriotic Citizens Clamour For Restructure, Says Senate Deputy Leader by iiiyyyk(m): 7:47pm On Jun 25, 2017
ANY NIGERIAN, WHO DOES NOT WANT RESTRUCTURING OF NIGERIA, IS WORST THAN THE WORST TERRORIST[/font].

5 Likes

Re: Unpatriotic Citizens Clamour For Restructure, Says Senate Deputy Leader by deedeedee1: 7:53pm On Jun 25, 2017
I dont want restructuring but total disintegration.
Simple!!!

3 Likes

Re: Unpatriotic Citizens Clamour For Restructure, Says Senate Deputy Leader by Blizzy9ja: 8:05pm On Jun 25, 2017
This guy is saying the constitution was designed to favoured a particular set of people, that is why they swept the recommendations of the 2014 confab under the carpet...

referendum is not war

Asking for self determination is not hate speech

8 Likes

Re: Unpatriotic Citizens Clamour For Restructure, Says Senate Deputy Leader by Nobody: 6:14am On Jun 26, 2017
Liepod jews right now

1 Like

Re: Unpatriotic Citizens Clamour For Restructure, Says Senate Deputy Leader by rumours: 6:33am On Jun 26, 2017
This mischief makers from the north sef. Why is the Northeast and Northwest the only ones who don't want this country restructured. Ok, they should team up and start self determination as Arewa Republic naaa. We all will support them. So they can continue to live like 'manimals'. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Unpatriotic Citizens Clamour For Restructure, Says Senate Deputy Leader by hucienda: 6:35am On Jun 26, 2017
... while the patriotic politicians clamour for the status quo.
Re: Unpatriotic Citizens Clamour For Restructure, Says Senate Deputy Leader by blackpanda: 6:38am On Jun 26, 2017
brize:
I pledge that Nigeria is not my country... Messed up geographical space

Smh
Re: Unpatriotic Citizens Clamour For Restructure, Says Senate Deputy Leader by conductor2: 6:38am On Jun 26, 2017
neoShinto:
Liepod jews right now

7 Likes

Re: Unpatriotic Citizens Clamour For Restructure, Says Senate Deputy Leader by blackpanda: 6:40am On Jun 26, 2017
amjoseph19:
It's only a thief that won't want restructuring.
I don't want to be going to Abuja to ask the FG to help repair or implement something in my community.
I want a situation where I will hold my local government chairman responsible.

Anyone who doesn't want restructuring is the real enemy of the nation.

There is nothing stopping you right now from holding yourlocal leaders accountable. 99% of the people chanting restructuring don't even know what it means
Re: Unpatriotic Citizens Clamour For Restructure, Says Senate Deputy Leader by omenkaLives(m): 6:44am On Jun 26, 2017
...then they would understand that the concept of re-structuring does not exist in the dictionary of the framers of our constitution
That it doesn't exist doesn't mean it cannot exist, which is why we have what is known as Constitutional Amendment.

There are so many things in the constitution that didn't exist during the time it was initially framed, but they do today. Except of course there's an immutable provision that says "fiscal federalism must never be tinkered with" in the constitution.
Re: Unpatriotic Citizens Clamour For Restructure, Says Senate Deputy Leader by Paperwhite(m): 7:11am On Jun 26, 2017
With reasoning of northern idiots of this man's nature then Nigeria is doomed for total disintegration & not even restructuring.

1 Like

Re: Unpatriotic Citizens Clamour For Restructure, Says Senate Deputy Leader by cursedAbiola(f): 7:16am On Jun 26, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:
That it doesn't exist doesn't mean it cannot exist, which is why we have what is known as Constitutional Amendment.

There are so many things in the constitution that didn't exist during the time it was initially framed, but they do today. Except of course there's an immutable provision that says "fiscal federalism must never be tinkered with" in the constitution.

[/s]
trash trash trash

2 Likes

Re: Unpatriotic Citizens Clamour For Restructure, Says Senate Deputy Leader by Terkimbi01: 7:24am On Jun 26, 2017
and only blood sucking monsters who will ignore the killings in Benue and middle belt and be shouting unity.
is unity for a people to wipe out another people?

Arrant nonsense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpatriotic Citizens Clamour For Restructure, Says Senate Deputy Leader by Wyttcat: 7:28am On Jun 26, 2017
Don't worry mallam, constitutions are meant to be amended. Nigeria won't be the first or last country to do it. Just learn to be on your own, The country is already falling apart and it's just a matter of time before it's completely over.
Re: Unpatriotic Citizens Clamour For Restructure, Says Senate Deputy Leader by facelessangel: 7:41am On Jun 26, 2017
Afonja ntooooo

1 Like

Re: Unpatriotic Citizens Clamour For Restructure, Says Senate Deputy Leader by mars123(m): 8:19am On Jun 26, 2017
Over to you Biafrans. abeg abeg will not give you people your entitlement.
Re: Unpatriotic Citizens Clamour For Restructure, Says Senate Deputy Leader by Agumbankembu: 8:49am On Jun 26, 2017
grin

(1) (Reply)

Will Biafra Be Better Than Nigeria? (discussion) / I Was Sent To Destroy Amaechi By Wike– Livingstone Wechie [VIDEO] / Biafra - Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyers Spit Fire on FG A Must Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.