Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Unpopular Opinion About The Oath In Islam Section - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Unpopular Opinion About The Oath In Islam Section (546 Views)

Nairaland And Islam Section / The Shocking Jesuit Oath / Celebrity Occultism: The Oath Of Bob Dylan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unpopular Opinion About The Oath In Islam Section by richie9093(m): 6:24am On Jun 26, 2017
We all know about how most people on here protest against taking oaths in the Islam Section before they post there. At first I was disgusted when I wanted to comment on a topic and I was asked to take an oath :-/ but I changed after i noticed the amount of bashing Moslems receive here and I am of the unpopular opinion that that oath should remain there.

Yes, Nairaland should remain open and accessible for all to read and comment but not when people misuse that opportunity and bash other human beings just because they don't belong to their religion.

Even on threads that aren't in the Islam Section you hear people bashing and insulting moslems/Islam anyhow. I think this is really terrible and unfair. I have also noticed this bashing is always from a particular set of people (they know themselves).

I hardly see where the Moslems on Nairaland insult Christianity or pastors except when there is news of one caught in a dastardly act.

I implore and beg Seun to leave that oath there as it reduces the amount of vitriol in that section. Even with the oath there some people still litter the section with unnecessary insults, now imagine if it's taken away!

This is where I drop my pen.

PS. I am a deist, I'm not a Moslem (neither could I ever be); I'm just a rational human being who believes in love.

Live and let live, my people.

1 Like

Re: Unpopular Opinion About The Oath In Islam Section by Redoil: 6:34am On Jun 26, 2017
Clown well done.
If you dont want to subject ur opinion to people for rational and and logical scrutiny why not keep it to ur self.
Re: Unpopular Opinion About The Oath In Islam Section by richie9093(m): 6:39am On Jun 26, 2017
Redoil:
Clown well done.
If you dont want to subject ur opinion to people for rational and and logical scrutiny why not keep it to ur self.

The bolded part I quoted is very important for a civil engagement.

Most of the scrutiny Christians​ do in that section aren't rational or logical. They are pure toxic vitriol.
Re: Unpopular Opinion About The Oath In Islam Section by Redoil: 6:44am On Jun 26, 2017
richie9093:

The bolded part I quoted is very important for a civil engagement.

Most of the scrutiny Christians​ do in that section aren't rational or logical. They are pure toxic vitriol.
but the muslims are all allow to bash and insult pastors who made mistakes
Re: Unpopular Opinion About The Oath In Islam Section by richie9093(m): 7:04am On Jun 26, 2017
Redoil:
but the muslims are all allow to bash and insult pastors who made mistakes

"Mistakes"

Being caught with fetish items inside the church or chaining your son up isn't a "mistake". That person was never a pastor to begin with.

Besides, how does Christians going to the Islam Section to bash them unnecessarily correlate with a Moslem bashing a "pastor" (criminal) who made a "mistake"?

A post was on the front page yesterday about Moslems sharing Eid el Fitr pictures and some Christians people went there and started calling them terrorists. Please tell me what warranted that kind of nonsense?
Re: Unpopular Opinion About The Oath In Islam Section by realmindz: 7:10am On Jun 26, 2017
I go in there, swear the oath and still bash them...no big deal
Re: Unpopular Opinion About The Oath In Islam Section by realmindz: 7:13am On Jun 26, 2017
richie9093:

"Mistakes"

Being caught with fetish items inside the church or chaining your son up isn't a "mistake". That person was never a pastor to begin with.

Besides, how does Christians going to the Islam Section to bash them unnecessarily correlate with a Moslem bashing a "pastor" (criminal) who made a "mistake"?

A post was on the front page yesterday about Moslems sharing Eid el Fitr pictures and some Christians people went there and started calling them terrorists. Please tell me what warranted that kind of nonsense?

A terrorist is a terrorist, we don't need to start pretending that all terrorists are muslims
Re: Unpopular Opinion About The Oath In Islam Section by richie9093(m): 12:31pm On Jun 26, 2017
realmindz:

A terrorist is a terrorist, we don't need to start pretending that all terrorists are muslims

SMH

(1) (Reply)

History Made As Nigeria Becomes The First Country To Produce Miracle Water / VIDEO: Woman Vomits LIVE Insect In Church / What Does Teeth Mean In The Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.