Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,386 members, 7,861,059 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:39 PM

Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose (785 Views)

Reno Omokri: I Am Opposed To General Buhari But Sowore Lied / Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary / El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 26, 2017
Ekiti State Governor, Ayo Fayose, who had earlier showed support for Nnamdi Kanu’s Biafra agitation by declaring the Yoruba State of Ekiti a part of Biafra, following Nnamdi Kanu’s release on bail, has come out to indicate his opposition to Biafran secession from Nigeria. He is instead calling on the Federal Government to dialogue with Kanu. In an interview with Premium Times where he lamented the continued marginalization of the Igbos, the populist Governor said:

“As much as secession is not an option, the handlers of our democracy must be equitable, fair and just to everyone.“The Igbo have continued to suffer because of the perceived role of Emeka Ojukwu. If we say past governments didn’t do well what has the present government done differently?“I agree that secession is not desirable but there must be justice and equity. When people are being killed or vilified, you must expect a reaction. No region should begin to use power to oppress another. If Nigeria is truly one, it will not get to a stage that one region will openly call on another to leave its land.

“The Acting President Yemi Osinbajo is doing his best but that is not enough. We must remember that those who make positive change impossible make violent change inevitable. A situation where a section will be suffering forever because of their role in the civil war is not fair.

He added: “The federal government should dialogue with the aggrieved and forge ahead. Using force will not help because some of those things they thought had died in the past are now rearing their ugly heads.

“It is no doubt that (Nnamdi) Kanu is representing the interest of the younger generation of Igbo. Instead of fighting him, they should release them and invite him for a dialogue.

“His struggle has become an ideological movement with massive followers irrespective of what some people are telling the federal government to curry a favour, which is momentarily. By the action of this government they have made Kanu more popular.“Without mincing words, the present government has divided Nigeria more than ever. It is the legitimate right of the people to agitate if they feel they are wrongly treated. You can’t get peace where there is no justice.

He also indicated his support for Igbo Presidency. He said, “Nigeria belongs to all of us. It is the wish of some people that an Igbo man does not become the president but this is against the spirit and letters of our constitution.”

Source: http://zikistmovement.igbodefender.com/2017/06/26/biafra-i-am-opposed-to-sessesion-fayose/
Re: Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by INTROVERT(f): 8:56am On Jun 26, 2017
Ok
Re: Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by TippyTop(m): 8:57am On Jun 26, 2017
I also don't want Igbos to go, but if they go we go as well.
Re: Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by Ehiscotch(m): 8:58am On Jun 26, 2017
Fayose is known to be a man of many contradictory actions.
You openly declared support for Sheriff; you were his praise singer, calling him God's anointed & blah blah blah.

Fayose never genuinely wants Biafra. It is all political tact (Whether the Ipob youths see it this way is left for them). Fayose nurses the ambition of being president so much so that he is willing to quit the PDP to fulfil it.

Declaring support for Biafra & all the charades & gimmicks is just Fayose being his normal cynical self.

Many Easterns are yet understand powerplay.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 26, 2017
That means he would prefer if Nnamdi Kanu became a Senator representing his Abia constituency in 2019, than if Nnamdi Kanu becomes President of an independent Biafra.
Re: Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by policy12: 9:02am On Jun 26, 2017
Typical Yoruba man..the same you was there to embrace him after his release definitely I believe u know what he stand for.
Re: Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 26, 2017
policy12:

Typical Yoruba man..the same you was there to embrace him after his release definitely I believe u know what he stand for.
He is probably hoping that Acting President Osinbajo would visit Nnamdi Kanu for dialogue. But how will Buhari see this? That is important.
Re: Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by TippyTop(m): 9:08am On Jun 26, 2017
policy12:

Would you be happy if Fayose had said he wanted Igbos to go? Wouldn't that be same as what those Northern Youths demanded
Re: Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by TippyTop(m): 9:08am On Jun 26, 2017
igbodefender:

He is probably hoping that Acting President Osinbajo would visit Nnamdi Kanu for dialogue. But how will Buhari see this? That is important.

Exactly
Re: Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 26, 2017
Let the country be restructured or divide

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 26, 2017
Kathmandu:
Let the country be restructured or divide
Even if Osinbajo wants to divide Nigeria and say 'Let Kanu and his people go', will his boss Muhammadu Buhari agree. Buhari doesn't want to be the last President of an independent Nigeria.

If he gets a whisper that Osinbajo wants to divide Nigeria like Kanu has demanded, he will board the next flight back to Naija, health or no health.
Re: Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 26, 2017
policy12:

Stop sounding lame. Can't you make your comments without tribalism

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 26, 2017
TippyTop:

Exactly
The amount of pressure Osinbajo is facing currently, it's like he is being drawn in every direction. If he invites Kanu, some powerful interests will kick. If he doesn't the Nnamdi Kanu movement will kick, and when they kick, it causes real shock all over. What will/can this (Osinbajo) man do?
Re: Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by TippyTop(m): 9:33am On Jun 26, 2017
igbodefender:
The amount of pressure Osinbajo is facing currently, it's like he is being drawn in every direction. If he invites Kanu, some powerful interests will kick. If he doesn't the Nnamdi Kanu movement will kick, and when they kick, it causes real shock all over. What will/can this (Osinbajo) man do?

Between the devil and the deep blue sea. Lol! grin
Re: Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by omenkaLives(m): 9:43am On Jun 26, 2017
TippyTop:
I also don't want Igbos to go, but if they go we go as well.

Tiptoe now a UNITY BEGGER!

Lawd have murcey! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by nerodenero: 9:49am On Jun 26, 2017
It is definitely a wrong time to be the President of Nigeria. This was caused by Bubu who despite his noise over the years was never prepared.

PYO was never a politician until two years ago when he became Vice President,so it's safe to say our dear Acting President is still learning on the job.

Whichever way, October 1 isn't far and to pacify the Igbos, a promise of Igbo President in 2019 will be alright unfortunately the North will still kick.

Osinbajo, I no envy your job. Na only God fit helep you.
igbodefender:
Re: Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by TippyTop(m): 9:58am On Jun 26, 2017
omenkaLives:
Tiptoe now a UNITY BEGGER!

Lawd have murcey! cheesy cheesy cheesy

The right to self determination is guaranteed under United Nations charter. If Igbo people want to go they should be allowed to go but then the SS would have to go as well.
Without the Igbos, Nigeria is overwhelmingly a Muslim country, who wants that?
Re: Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by EazyMoh(m): 10:02am On Jun 26, 2017
Lie lie! Dole a raba. #KD Declaration
Re: Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by omenkaLives(m): 10:03am On Jun 26, 2017
TippyTop:

The right to self determination is guaranteed under United Nations charter. If Igbo people want to go they should be allowed to go but then the SS would have to go as well.
Without the Igbos, Nigeria is overwhelmingly a Muslim country, who wants that?
Doesnt mean you are not a UNITY BEGGER though.

As far as you say you don't want them to go, you are nothing but a UNITY BEGGER.

Welcome to the world of your BEST FRIENDS. cheesy

Re: Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by TippyTop(m): 10:10am On Jun 26, 2017
omenkaLives:
Doesnt mean you are not a UNITY BEGGER though.

As far as you say you don't want them to go, you are nothing but a UNITY BEGGER.

Welcome to the world of your BEST FRIENDS. cheesy

"Unity Beggar" is a reference to those against Nigeria's dissolution.
Re: Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by omenkaLives(m): 10:14am On Jun 26, 2017
TippyTop:

"Unity Beggar" is a reference to those against Nigeria's dissolution.
Unity Begger are those who say they don't want igbos to leave and you said so. Therefore you are a unity begger dude. grin
Re: Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by TippyTop(m): 10:18am On Jun 26, 2017
omenkaLives:
Unity Begger are those who say they don't want igbos to leave and you said so. Therefore you are a unity begger dude. grin
You try small grin
Re: Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by hammerF: 10:25am On Jun 26, 2017
Yoruba keep getting it wrong.

We have turned a page, there is no going back for us.
Re: Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 26, 2017
TippyTop:

Between the devil and the deep blue sea. Lol! grin
Don't be surprised if before 2019 Osinbajo grows the same amount of white hairs it took Obama 8 years of presidency to grow. He is a political sheep in the midst of political wolves.
Re: Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by omenkaLives(m): 10:27am On Jun 26, 2017
TippyTop:

You try small grin
cheesy
Re: Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by TippyTop(m): 10:28am On Jun 26, 2017
igbodefender:
Don't be surprised if before 2019 Osinbajo grows the same amount of white hairs it took Obama 8 years of presidency to grow. He is a political sheep in the midst of political wolves.

It must be hard being the Vice President and yet treated like a mere commissioner.
grin
Re: Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 26, 2017
nerodenero:
It is definitely a wrong time to be the President of Nigeria. This was caused by Bubu who despite his noise over the years was never prepared.

PYO was never a politician until two years ago when he became Vice President,so it's safe to say our dear Acting President is still learning on the job.

Whichever way, October 1 isn't far and to pacify the Igbos, a promise of Igbo President in 2019 will be alright unfortunately the North will still kick.

Osinbajo, I no envy your job. Na only God fit helep you.
The problem with that, Sir, is that the North won't agree. They would want to do their 8 years. So, Osinbajo cannot offer Igbos that, or else in 2019, he will forcefully enter the history books as the grandson-in-law of Awolowo who promised Igbos presidency in 2019 and reneged. Besides, he doesn't have that power because he is only Acting President and Buhari can cancel whatever agreement he makes.
Re: Biafra: I Am Opposed To Sessesion- Fayose by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 26, 2017
TippyTop:

It must be hard being the Vice President and yet treated like a mere commissioner.
grin
And the man is a gentleman to the core. If you tackle a Vice President Fayose, he will fight you back -even if you want gutter fight he will give you. But if you fight Osinbajo, he will just keep quiet. Highest, other people will now fight for him.

And also, the North is deeply suspicious that he has presidential ambition.

(1) (Reply)

Remove Six Niger Delta States From Map Of Biafra - Niger Delta Youth Congress / Ekiti 2018: Nairalander Leads APDA Youths To Storm Ekiti For Party's Flagoff / The Inside Story Of Willie Obiano's Lavish Party For Daughter's Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.