Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Thorn Inwithin,on A Choice Of Career In International Relations/studies - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Thorn Inwithin,on A Choice Of Career In International Relations/studies (874 Views)

Top 10 "Go To" Guys Of Career, Jobs/vacancies & Education Sections Of Nairaland / Future Career Prospect(s) In International Relations/diplomacy / Which Is A Better Choice Of Career- Audit Or Tax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thorn Inwithin,on A Choice Of Career In International Relations/studies by ps: 3:04pm On Feb 03, 2007
hello there. i am in trouble with my career or will i say education. can some one tell me what are my prospect in the nigeria of today when i study international relations? i want to study it but i dont know my chances of geting a job and what organisation i can work and what kind of posty is giving to such holders in that field. i also underwent a programme in microsoft system engineering at NIIT(networking), but this has brought a confusion on me on what to do. i am 25, just finished a diploma in social works and administration and my uncles are on me concerning my age, how i can get a job with my studying inter-rel and the pressure of self independence. i was told to take my international exams for my Mcse but what good is that to my getting a well paid job without a b.sc. please some one should help me out!
Re: Thorn Inwithin,on A Choice Of Career In International Relations/studies by Hotstepper(f): 5:39am On Feb 04, 2007
With a degree in IR, you can work for multinationals, embassies, NGOs like UN and goverment but you have to be ready to learn a foreign language like French if you want to work in those orgnaization or outside Nigeria. You can also be a diplomat when you qualify for that. i was doing Int. relations but switched after 2 yrs. i intend doing it for MASTERS after I must have learnt french,

Good Luck, you have a very great chance of getting a good job cuz Int. relations opens a bigger door just like Politicl Science, Int. Development Studies etcccc

(1) (Reply)

Pls, I Need A Job / Job Vacencies / 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.