Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,082 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (615 Views)

The Colonial Atrocities Against The World / Speak Against Herdsmen’s Atrocities, Media Chief Tells Buhari / Rivers Rerun : We Have Videos Of Atrocities Committed By The Military - Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 26, 2017
Re: . by ArtanK(m): 2:51am On Jun 29, 2017
I agree that Oromos have forcefully assimilated many people in Ethiopia. In Hararghe they've Assimilated whole Somali clans, for example, Dire Dawa in the 1960 was around 70% Somali and today it's only 25% due to the Oromos assimilating a large portion of the Somalis there.

They've done the same thing in Harar where the indigenous Hararis are now a minority in their own Harari region. They also tried it in Babile and Moyale which is in the deep south but the Somalis have resisted and kept on to their culture and language. Oromos have been expanding ever since they invaded the Sultanate of Shewa in the 16th Century and they must stop this and make peace with their neighbouring brotherly people like the Amharas, Afar and Somalis.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 29, 2017
ArtanK:
I agree that Oromos have forcefully assimilated many people in Ethiopia. In Hararghe they've Assimilated whole Somali clans, for example, Dire Dawa in the 1960 was around 70% Somali and today it's only 25% due to the Oromos assimilating a large portion of the Somalis there.

They've done the same thing in Harar where the indigenous Hararis are now a minority in their own Harari region. They also tried it in Babile and Moyale which is in the deep south but the Somalis have resisted and kept on to their culture and language. Oromos have been expanding ever since they invaded the Sultanate of Shewa in the 16th Century and they must stop this and make peace with their neighbouring brotherly people like the Amharas, Afar and Somalis.
Have you imagined how powerful Abyssinians and Adals would have been if it wasn't for the brutal Oromo migration?

It's even very sad to see the current Ethiopia regional map.

Do you know that Ras Mikael(father of Lij Iyasu) was a Oromo/Somalia mix, but consider himself as Oromo?

I'm happy that Ethiopia Somalians had taken back some of their stolen lands from Oromos after 1991.

Is it in Ahmed Gragn invasion of Abyssinia that some Somalians settled in Bete Amhara(Wollo)?
Re: . by ArtanK(m): 5:03pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hati13:

Have you imagined how powerful Abyssinians and Adals would have been if it wasn't for the brutal Oromo migration?

It's even very sad to see the current Ethiopia regional map.

Do you know that Ras Mikael(father of Lij Iyasu) was a Oromo/Somalia mix, but consider himself as Oromo?

I'm happy that Ethiopia Somalians had taken back some of their stolen lands from Oromos after 1991.

Is it in Ahmed Gragn invasion of Abyssinia that some Somalians settled in Bete Amhara(Wollo)?

I think the Abyssinian-Adal wars would have carried on if the Oromo migration hadn't stopped and there would have been one clear winner who would rule from the border of Sudan to the Indian Ocean. I know that some Somali clans lived among Amharas before the Oromo migration, I don't know how they ended up there, but the Oromo caused so much bloodshed that most of them fled to the east. The Sultanate of Shewa consisted of Argobbas, Muslim Amharas, Somalis, Gurage, Harlas and other small ethnicities.

I didn't know about Ras Mikael being half Somali, I thought he was fully Oromo. I guess you learn something new every day. smiley
Re: . by Hollysaint: 5:30pm On Jun 29, 2017
i see
Re: . by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 29, 2017
ArtanK:

I think the Abyssinian-Adal wars would have carried on if the Oromo migration hadn't stopped and there would have been one clear winner who would rule from the border of Sudan to the Indian Ocean. I know that some Somali clans lived among Amharas before the Oromo migration, I don't know how they ended up there, but the Oromo caused so much bloodshed that most of them fled to the east. The Sultanate of Shewa consisted of Argobbas, Muslim Amharas, Somalis, Gurage, Harlas and other small ethnicities.

I didn't know about Ras Mikael being half Somali, I thought he was fully Oromo. I guess you learn something new every day. smiley
Of course walal wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Amaechi Is My God. / If Acting President Osinbajo Were Hausa Or Fulani- Bayo Oluwasanmi / Buhari’s Health: I See Flag At Half Mast – Primate Ayodele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.