Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,128 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

PTDF Fails To Make Payments Of LSS Scholars Stipend After 11 Months Of Award. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PTDF Fails To Make Payments Of LSS Scholars Stipend After 11 Months Of Award. (3286 Views)

2018/2019 PTDF LSS Scholarship Award Discussions / 7 Months after Induction, Yet no Pay! PTDF 2016 LSS Scholar Laments! / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PTDF Fails To Make Payments Of LSS Scholars Stipend After 11 Months Of Award. by Mathemagics: 8:07pm On Jun 26, 2017
The glee that accompanied our selection as PTDF scholars was unfathomable, when we were called upon to attend the induction ceremony in July 2016. Following a successful induction program and series of documentations for both Local and Foreign Scholars in the MSc and PhD category respectively, we did hope to get our stipends sooner and commence/continue our respective graduate studies in our preferred Institutions.

Sadly, after 340 days of the award not one of the Local scholars have received any form of payments from PTDF (be in form of tuition or other expense) as at this day. To worsen it all, while our colleagues who were awarded in the OSS category (Foreign Scholars) are almost wrapping up their postgraduate studies outside the country with their full stipend paid despite the high forex rates, we are still dwindling in the dungeons of despair, holding to a fading believe that “one day PTDF will pay”.

In an attempt to convey our plight and egregious discourse to the PTDF management and well-meaning Nigerians, we wrote a letter to the board in the month of March, which was also published on various media. Stating the pathetic neglect of the Nigerian scholars by PTDF. Following that move, another documentation was conducted (the 4th documentation exercise), apparently raising valid grounds for us to question the record keeping ability of the board and the entire PTDF team. Notwithstanding, it has been three months since then and still no stipends, nor personal computers has been disbursed to any of the 2016 Local Scholars. Sad it is!

The despicability of our situation have worsened to the state where our various institutions have pestered to the point of harassment, demanding for our tuitions be paid before allowing us take examinations, while for some their results are being seized pending when payments will be made by PTDF. Time will not suffice to begin to lament the missed opportunities or the unattainable heights in excellence and more robust results that would have been achieved in our thesis and projects had the resources (stipends and learning aid) been provided in due time. These opportunities and privileges we thought we've earned scholarly have been obviously denied us by the boards inefficiencies and lackadaisical attitude in handling the affairs of home grown scholars.

Now, we are in a dire straight, we have been pushed to the wall, we have endured enough. We are now propelled to let out our grievances to the Presidency, we are enlivened to voice out our predicaments to all well-meaning Nigerians. Let all and sundry be aware of the unfair, inhumane and negligent manner in which the PTDF body has neglected the LSS scholars by denying the payment of our stipends after 11 months and 7 days of award.

Is growing Nigerians in Nigeria not failing, if we continue to despise Local Scholars. Is capacity building and development in Nigeria not collapsing if we don’t value Education and trainings acquired in the country? Is it now a norm to always engage in protests before our voices be heard and get what we deserve in terms of Scholarship stipends?
If we are to go by the statement made by the PTDF Executive Secretary, Dr. Bello Aliyu Gusau who openly retorted that “overseas scholarship scheme is not sustainable therefore they will put more efforts to sponsoring and developing local content”, we expect high priority and immediate response be given to Local Scholars. Otherwise we call such statement mere vocal ejaculations without fittings as the actions does not follow the paths of the words.
However, if the statement remains true, we urge the board to pay our funds before the end of the month of June 2017.

A disheartened LSS Scholar.
Cc. Seun
cc. Davide470
Cc. Lalasticlala
Cc. All Nairaland Moderators
Re: PTDF Fails To Make Payments Of LSS Scholars Stipend After 11 Months Of Award. by kishimi8(m): 8:32pm On Jun 26, 2017
Thought i was alone in this . Really angry. I wonder what my situation would have been if i was dependent on it
Re: PTDF Fails To Make Payments Of LSS Scholars Stipend After 11 Months Of Award. by kishimi8(m): 9:54pm On Jun 26, 2017
Mathemagics:
The glee that accompanied our selection as PTDF scholars was unfathomable, when we were called upon to attend the induction ceremony in July 2016. Following a successful induction program and series of documentations for both Local and Foreign Scholars in the MSc and PhD category respectively, we did hope to get our stipends sooner and commence/continue our respective graduate studies in our preferred Institutions.

Sadly, after 340 days of the award not one of the Local scholars have received any form of payments from PTDF (be in form of tuition or other expense) as at this day. To worsen it all, while our colleagues who were awarded in the OSS category (Foreign Scholars) are almost wrapping up their postgraduate studies outside the country with their full stipend paid despite the high forex rates, we are still dwindling in the dungeons of despair, holding to a fading believe that “one day PTDF will pay”.

In an attempt to convey our plight and egregious discourse to the PTDF management and well-meaning Nigerians, we wrote a letter to the board in the month of March, which was also published on various media. Stating the pathetic neglect of the Nigerian scholars by PTDF. Following that move, another documentation was conducted (the 4th documentation exercise), apparently raising valid grounds for us to question the record keeping ability of the board and the entire PTDF team. Notwithstanding, it has been three months since then and still no stipends, nor personal computers has been disbursed to any of the 2016 Local Scholars. Sad it is!

The despicability of our situation have worsened to the state where our various institutions have pestered to the point of harassment, demanding for our tuitions be paid before allowing us take examinations, while for some their results are being seized pending when payments will be made by PTDF. Time will not suffice to begin to lament the missed opportunities or the unattainable heights in excellence and more robust results that would have been achieved in our thesis and projects had the resources (stipends and learning aid) been provided in due time. These opportunities and privileges we thought we've earned scholarly have been obviously denied us by the boards inefficiencies and lackadaisical attitude in handling the affairs of home grown scholars.

Now, we are in a dire straight, we have been pushed to the wall, we have endured enough. We are now propelled to let out our grievances to the Presidency, we are enlivened to voice out our predicaments to all well-meaning Nigerians. Let all and sundry be aware of the unfair, inhumane and negligent manner in which the PTDF body has neglected the LSS scholars by denying the payment of our stipends after 11 months and 7 days of award.

Is growing Nigerians in Nigeria not failing, if we continue to despise Local Scholars. Is capacity building and development in Nigeria not collapsing if we don’t value Education and trainings acquired in the country? Is it now a norm to always engage in protests before our voices be heard and get what we deserve in terms of Scholarship stipends?
If we are to go by the statement made by the PTDF Executive Secretary, Dr. Bello Aliyu Gusau who openly retorted that “overseas scholarship scheme is not sustainable therefore they will put more efforts to sponsoring and developing local content”, we expect high priority and immediate response be given to Local Scholars. Otherwise we call such statement mere vocal ejaculations without fittings as the actions does not follow the paths of the words.
However, if the statement remains true, we urge the board to pay our funds before the end of the month of June 2017.

A disheartened LSS Scholar.
Cc. Seun
cc. Davide470
Cc. Lalasticlala
Cc. All Nairaland Moderators

1 Like

Re: PTDF Fails To Make Payments Of LSS Scholars Stipend After 11 Months Of Award. by auntysimbiat(f): 10:01pm On Jun 26, 2017
Nice
Re: PTDF Fails To Make Payments Of LSS Scholars Stipend After 11 Months Of Award. by kishimi8(m): 10:04pm On Jun 26, 2017
auntysimbiat:
Nice
space booking or what do you mean nice. We de here de vex for money you de comment nice6
Re: PTDF Fails To Make Payments Of LSS Scholars Stipend After 11 Months Of Award. by Mathemagics: 9:34am On Jun 27, 2017
kishimi8:
Thought i was alone in this . Really angry. I wonder what my situation would have been if i was dependent on it

Imagine!
The level of mismanagement and Inefficiency displayed by the board is rather appalling!
What they can't do to the foreign Scholars, they find it easy to do such to the In-Country Scholars!!!!
This is corruption at it's peak!!!
EFCC should investigate their deeds; and set. their asses on fire.
Re: PTDF Fails To Make Payments Of LSS Scholars Stipend After 11 Months Of Award. by kishimi8(m): 11:30am On Jun 27, 2017
Mathemagics:

Imagine!
The level of mismanagement and Inefficiency displayed by the board is rather appalling!
What they can't do to the foreign Scholars, they find it easy to do such to the In-Country Scholars!!!!
This is corruption at it's peak!!!
EFCC should investigate their deeds; and set. their asses on fire.

lol its not an issue of stolen funds according to what i heard , i heard the funds are not available cuz they used it to offset insurance bills for overseas students and some other reasons one of their staff told me
Re: PTDF Fails To Make Payments Of LSS Scholars Stipend After 11 Months Of Award. by kishimi8(m): 5:54am On Jul 01, 2017
Any new info about this issue? . Do we have a whatsapp group?
Re: PTDF Fails To Make Payments Of LSS Scholars Stipend After 11 Months Of Award. by widrics: 4:31pm On Aug 03, 2017
kishimi8:
Any new info about this issue? . Do we have a whatsapp group?
I don't know if there is any whatsapp group,but we seriously need one.But I just called one of the ptdf staff.I was told that if i didn't receive any alert between now and tomorrow from ptdf i should call on Monday.Here is the number 08180416245
Re: PTDF Fails To Make Payments Of LSS Scholars Stipend After 11 Months Of Award. by kishimi8(m): 7:19pm On Aug 03, 2017
thanks
widrics:

I don't know if there is any whatsapp group,but we seriously need one.But I just called one of the ptdf staff.I was told that if i didn't receive any alert between now and tomorrow from ptdf i should call on Monday.Here is the number 08180416245
thanks
Re: PTDF Fails To Make Payments Of LSS Scholars Stipend After 11 Months Of Award. by rocoh(m): 8:08pm On Aug 03, 2017
A guy i know just received alert around 6 pm today
Re: PTDF Fails To Make Payments Of LSS Scholars Stipend After 11 Months Of Award. by kishimi8(m): 8:48pm On Aug 03, 2017
rocoh:
A guy i know just received alert around 6 pm today

which university?? , yet to see o..
Re: PTDF Fails To Make Payments Of LSS Scholars Stipend After 11 Months Of Award. by rocoh(m): 4:23am On Aug 04, 2017
kishimi8:

which university?? , yet to see o..

Uniport , although the money is incomplete.(320k) same for other colleagues too.
Re: PTDF Fails To Make Payments Of LSS Scholars Stipend After 11 Months Of Award. by kishimi8(m): 2:00pm On Aug 04, 2017
rocoh:

Uniport , although the money is incomplete.(320k) same for other colleagues too.

chei AND people were gonna protest Cruz sokoto was paid 600k lol.. me never even see yet
Re: PTDF Fails To Make Payments Of LSS Scholars Stipend After 11 Months Of Award. by rocoh(m): 3:00pm On Aug 04, 2017
kishimi8:

chei AND people were gonna protest Cruz sokoto was paid 600k lol.. me never even see yet

Which school make I ask my guy?
Re: PTDF Fails To Make Payments Of LSS Scholars Stipend After 11 Months Of Award. by kishimi8(m): 4:45pm On Aug 04, 2017
rocoh:

Which school make I ask my guy?
ABU zaria .. thanks
Re: PTDF Fails To Make Payments Of LSS Scholars Stipend After 11 Months Of Award. by kishimi8(m): 9:13am On Aug 11, 2017
any update on this issue
Re: PTDF Fails To Make Payments Of LSS Scholars Stipend After 11 Months Of Award. by jerrisonjeff(m): 12:37pm On Aug 23, 2017
kishimi8:
any update on this issue
Is there any possibility taking the issue to the media
Re: PTDF Fails To Make Payments Of LSS Scholars Stipend After 11 Months Of Award. by jerrisonjeff(m): 12:48pm On Aug 23, 2017
kishimi8:
thanks
thanks
Is this ptdf Number
Re: PTDF Fails To Make Payments Of LSS Scholars Stipend After 11 Months Of Award. by kishimi8(m): 3:37pm On Aug 23, 2017
jerrisonjeff:
Is this ptdf Number

they font pick calls. just be patient they will pay no need for media
Re: PTDF Fails To Make Payments Of LSS Scholars Stipend After 11 Months Of Award. by biddie13: 6:46am On Sep 19, 2017
There's silence onbthe group for a while now? Does this imply that everyone has been paid Cos I haven't received a dime o!
Re: PTDF Fails To Make Payments Of LSS Scholars Stipend After 11 Months Of Award. by kishimi8(m): 7:06am On Sep 19, 2017
biddie13:
There's silence onbthe group for a while now? Does this imply that everyone has been paid Cos I haven't received a dime o!

Bros the have paid most peeps. Ask from your colleagues in you uni.

Or call ptdf

(1) (Reply)

Student Financial Support / Time to Bash any Course/Discipline that u think their students forms a lot. / Corona Virus: University Of Ibadan Copied University Of Cape Coast Ghana Memo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.