Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,759 members, 7,862,479 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:50 PM

Why Government Should Act Fast/pls Advice Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Government Should Act Fast/pls Advice Me (391 Views)

COVID-19: Why Government Must End The Lockdown / Federal Government Should Resolve ASUU Crisis Without Delay - Saraki / Acting President Should Act Now: Nnamdi Kanu Promises To Kill OBJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Government Should Act Fast/pls Advice Me by nabiz(m): 10:20am On Jun 27, 2017
For the past 9 years i have been looking for money even a loan to venture into a particular business idea which i dream to build as a legacy for my children, but could not succed . Now three years ago after several disappointment from many promised and fail potetial investor, i decided to sacrifice my then pleasure to save for this financial intensive business. I suffer both physically and emotionally even to convince my wife the need to sacrifice for my dream business idea.

Five months ago to God be the glory, i was able to complete saving the money it takes to start the business but my problem now is the present INSECURITY AND TENSION IN NIGERIA.

As bolded my problem now is insecurity. Though i have been able to acquire some equipment but the tension is getting higher that i have to pause.
I kept this money in the back but the value is decreasing day buy day. Imagine how maney people i would have enployed, imagine how fulfilled i would have become watching my dream business come to life, imagine the effect on the economy because i know i am not the only person that is having this challenge. If as a nigeria am afraid of investing in nigeria now, what do you think a foreigner will do. I am sure many are hauding money instead of reinvesting it which is very bad in a growing economy.

My question is what do i do. Dumping this little liquid assets in a bank is a problem as the money is decreasing every day. Should i relocate to another country? Which i know may serioursly affect my dream business and family life as a married man. Even if i travel out what businss will i be doing. I have thought of using it to buy dollar but will that stopped me from dipping hand into it, or should i use it to buy land? Then how easly can i convert it to cash when things normalize

Pls advice me before i useless this money. The temptetion to spend this money is alway around, infact i have spend like 5% of the money on a usless and economic thing. Pls advice me on the most liquid and secure opportunity to invest it. I think government should do something fast to reduce this tension in country.

Pls i did not study english language in the school. I only study how to make money in the house. So pls forgive me should you come across any mistake.
Re: Why Government Should Act Fast/pls Advice Me by Caustics: 10:25am On Jun 27, 2017
i feel your pain sir. Relocating to another country might not be an option as all your savings may be spent on traveling and settling in the new land leaving you with nothing to invest with.
Re: Why Government Should Act Fast/pls Advice Me by dlondonbadboy: 11:14am On Jun 27, 2017
Just exercise a little patience..BIAFRA is coming.

I understand how you feel.
I understand what you are facing now. How your money lose value every passing day. How you are tempted to start 'choping' your savings bit by bit...

But I beg you to relax, be patient, BIAFRA is coming...
Re: Why Government Should Act Fast/pls Advice Me by AreaFada2: 6:30pm On Jul 06, 2017
My brother you are not alone. Many have closed shop or drastically reduced further investment.

We were all keen on farming few years ago. But now animal feed has become so expensive, labour cost to farm cassava, plantain, palm and others have skyrocketed. Plans to venture into a little food processing business that was a passion 3 years ago has been shelved.

My humble advise is as a family man travelling will impact on your family greatly. Just hold your money. You can put it in a domiciliary account. At least that will reduce temptation to use it. Cash is very important. Hold it if you can.

In another 12 months we would be wiser. Maybe approaching election under a year from thence will make FG finally try to stimulate the economy somehow. I am not holding my breath though.
Re: Why Government Should Act Fast/pls Advice Me by AreaFada2: 6:31pm On Jul 06, 2017
My brother you are not alone. Many have closed shop or drastically reduced further investment.

We were all keen on farming few years ago. But now animal feed has become so expensive, labour cost to farm cassava, plantain, palm and others have skyrocketed. Plans to venture into a little food processing business that was a passion 3 years ago has been shelved.

My humble advise is as a family man travelling will impact on your family greatly. Just hold your money. You can put it in a domiciliary account. At least that will reduce temptation to use it. And reduce fall in value. Cash is very important. Hold it if you can.

In another 12 months we would be wiser. Maybe approaching election under a year from thence will make FG finally try to stimulate the economy somehow. I am not holding my breath though.

(1) (Reply)

WARRI: Gov Okowa, Sheriff, Osanebi, Sinebe, Izeze, Omovie, Shimite, Akpobire, On / See How Nigerians Are Reacting To Saraki's Ploy To Overthrow Osinbajo / Aisha Buhari Arrives London To See President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.