Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car (11047 Views)

Aston Martin Unveils ₦7.6m Bicycle, Would You Buy It?(Photos) / Aston Martin Unveils N1.5 Billion Submarine (photos) / The 2019 Aston Martin DBX Design Has Been Completed And It’s Mirrorless (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by AutoJoshNG: 11:05am On Jun 27, 2017
Aston Martin first relieved an electric concept about two years ago .They would officially be going into production soon,and its going to be an all-electric.

The production model would be based on the Aston Martin Rapide AMR.Sadly for the sports car and electric vehicle enthusiasts only 155 units would be produced.

Williams Advanced Engineering would be working with Aston Martin to bring this awesome piece of machinery to life.

Its going to hit the streets in 2019 ,sadly not much information has been given about the specifications .

But, we are sure of the following according to Aston Martin CEO,Andy Palmer:

1.A four door super,all electric car

2.Its going to be based on Rapide AMR with some modifications including an all-electric power train to replace its 6.0-liter V12 engine .

Let’s keep our fingers crossed and hope it wows us.Did I just hear Elon Musk cough ?

Here are some more sketches :

So what do you guys think ?

Do you think this English guys would give the almighty Musk a run for his money ?

Let’s hear from you.

By Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/aston-martin-building-first-electric-car/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by Marshalrhino(m): 11:32am On Jun 27, 2017
not bad

1 Like

Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by NwaAmaikpe: 7:08am On Jun 28, 2017
shocked

We don't need it in Nigeria...

We only need electricity for charging our phones not for driving cars.

Besides...which light will someone use to recharge it's electric cells
Person never charge phone and laptop finish, na to charge motor.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:09am On Jun 28, 2017
gbam na so we go dey...
AutoJoshNG:
Aston Martin first relieved an electric concept about two years ago .They would officially be going into production soon,and its going to be an all-electric.

The production model would be based on the Aston Martin Rapide AMR.Sadly for the sports car and electric vehicle enthusiasts only 155 units would be produced.

Williams Advanced Engineering would be working with Aston Martin to bring this awesome piece of machinery to life.

Its going to hit the streets in 2019 ,sadly not much information has been given about the specifications .

But, we are sure of the following according to Aston Martin CEO,Andy Palmer:

1.A four door super,all electric car

2.Its going to be based on Rapide AMR with some modifications including an all-electric power train to replace its 6.0-liter V12 engine .

Let’s keep our fingers crossed and hope it wows us.Did I just hear Elon Musk cough ?

Here are some more sketches :

So what do you guys think ?

Do you think this English guys would give the almighty Musk a run for his money ?

Let’s hear from you.

By Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/aston-martin-building-first-electric-car/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by 66spirit(m): 7:09am On Jun 28, 2017
Wao
Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by ayindejimmy(m): 7:10am On Jun 28, 2017
Cool
Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by tigonana: 7:10am On Jun 28, 2017
Cool ride!!!
Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by DancingSkeleton(m): 7:11am On Jun 28, 2017
richinvestor:
Dese days, I see comments where people ask for space to faint. Some say "please is there space in your house? I
want to faint, my sister has fainted where I am suppose to faint". And comments like "shift lemme faint"
After considering the rate at which people look for spaces to faint these days, as an IGBO man with business oriented
mind, I've decided to open a fainting center. Below are the categories of spaces for fainting and their prices:
*Fainting on the floor :1k
*Fainting on the couch: 2k
*Fainting on the Bed: 3k
*Fainting in my house :4k
*Fainting in the kitchen with water and food after waking up:14k
*Fainting in a plane : 20k
*Fainting on express road: free... (shebi semi - death dey hungry u)
In case your desired fainting space isn't here keep calm the business just started and we're still making provision for more fainting spaces.
Thanks for fainting with us.
book your fainting space now!!!
I FORGOT TO LAUGH undecided

9 Likes

Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by segxes23(m): 7:11am On Jun 28, 2017
Not meant for Naija.

Out of the 155 unit, I expect 3 in Nigeria
Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by nrexzy: 7:11am On Jun 28, 2017
Soon Ai would take over
Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by dhope001(m): 7:12am On Jun 28, 2017
Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by itiswellandwell: 7:12am On Jun 28, 2017
money is good.
Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by bsideboii(m): 7:13am On Jun 28, 2017
Everyone is going electric. That's the way to go if we want our environment safe and green.

3 Likes

Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by Benjom(m): 7:13am On Jun 28, 2017
These cars ain't meant for the Nigerian roads o... except you're just bent on showing off. My thought though.
Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by hopefulLandlord: 7:13am On Jun 28, 2017
nrexzy:
Soon Ai would take over
not happening anytime soon
Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by Davidakaolori(m): 7:13am On Jun 28, 2017
This car sha! 3 hours 30 minutes drive from lagos to Abuja if the road is free
Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by obaival(m): 7:14am On Jun 28, 2017
bsideboii:
dhope001:
Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by Olalekan95(m): 7:14am On Jun 28, 2017
grin
Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by Tiffbuxas: 7:16am On Jun 28, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

what u just did

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by Jabioro: 7:18am On Jun 28, 2017
richinvestor:
Dese days, I see comments where people ask for space to faint. Some say "please is there space in your house? I
want to faint, my sister has fainted where I am suppose to faint". And comments like "shift lemme faint"
After considering the rate at which people look for spaces to faint these days, as an IGBO man with business oriented
mind, I've decided to open a fainting center. Below are the categories of spaces for fainting and their prices:
*Fainting on the floor :1k
*Fainting on the couch: 2k
*Fainting on the Bed: 3k
*Fainting in my house :4k
*Fainting in the kitchen with water and food after waking up:14k
*Fainting in a plane : 20k
*Fainting on express road: free... (shebi semi - death dey hungry u)
In case your desired fainting space isn't here keep calm the business just started and we're still making provision for more fainting spaces.
Thanks for fainting with us.
book your fainting space now!!!
Extend it by creating more branches.. I can be your marketing manager.. Ours trademark and motto.. Semi death spaces available.. Faint arena!
Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by blazetitov: 7:20am On Jun 28, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Person never charge phone and laptop finish, na to charge motor.

Don't be surprised if you see it in Lagos shortly after its release. Trust Nigerians!!
Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by Husty(m): 7:22am On Jun 28, 2017
Aston Bleeping Martin kiss
Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by dhope001(m): 7:23am On Jun 28, 2017
obaival:

Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by Rayman5(m): 7:25am On Jun 28, 2017
So it won't have an exhaust pipe
Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by nrexzy: 7:35am On Jun 28, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

not happening anytime soon
I'm certain I know of an Ai that modifies its own codes
Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by Kingbuhari(m): 7:36am On Jun 28, 2017
they won't make a hug sell , because Africa buy most of this cars, 60% of this exotic cars are bought by Nigerians, since we are still struggling with epileptic power supply it will dead on arriving for Nigerians
Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by Rexnegro(m): 7:44am On Jun 28, 2017
nice car, soon crude oil will soon Be useless for automobiles

1 Like

Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by Anoruo(m): 7:53am On Jun 28, 2017
I guess by 2030 our politicians will start drinking the crude oil as there will be nothing left to loo and no good infrastructure on ground. The future of Nigeria scares me.
Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by LoveJesus87(m): 8:17am On Jun 28, 2017
W
Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by Xerox01(m): 8:30am On Jun 28, 2017
Rexnegro:
nice car, soon crude oil will soon Be useless for automobiles
And that spells doom for a country like Nigeria that depends mainly on crude oil as a means of foreign exchange
Re: Aston Martin Is Building Its First All-electric Car by ibkgab001: 8:40am On Jun 28, 2017
I would have love this to happen In NIGERIA

1. Oil spillage will kill everyone in the SE/SS

2 The north should shut down both River niger and Benue so that those bia people will suffer more by not getting flow channel to generate power ... Remember the sun only rise there by 10 am in the morning they wont have sun till next day ...., the sun will be in the north and the west

3 The labour of their hero past has already been in vain by the effort of kanu small letter K though

Let the Biafra go and suffer more Amoung them self the segregation has started in the United states. The UK and Canada thus people will be humiliated all over the world

(1) (2) (Reply)

[expert Car Comparison] Camry Vs Corolla, Which Used Car Should You Buy? / How Reliable Is Honda Babyboy? / How To Overtake With An Automatic Transmission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.