Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) (33809 Views)

Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) / Cultists Finger Politicians As Sponsors After Setting Ablaze INEC Buses. Photos / Checkout Dino Melaye And His Campaign Tour Buses (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by misano(m): 3:59pm On Jun 27, 2017
AdultMaleNegro:
I have said it before and I will say it again...

If Obaseki doesn't give Benin city a befitting well networked drainage system after four years , then he has failed.

What do U just write up there? Trash...
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by misano(m): 4:03pm On Jun 27, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
arant rubbish...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!first of all why is it that any politician gets into public office suddenly they remember all their namesbefor it was godwin obaseki now there is a complimentary one added..now to the point...this rubbish ricketty bus is not supported he just quickly ordered this scraps in other to be able to loot via inflating prices to pay up the king maker ...how can u be thinking of eba and soup when u dont even have a pot,fire or even plate to make it happen...the bad roads will accelerate the destruction of those buses and they were anyway second hand buses..oshiomole did same,so did lucky igbinedion..its a pattern for all of them...nonsense but some indomie brain will not still understand..

Chai... Sorry, ur case is terrible.
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by curvilicious: 4:08pm On Jun 27, 2017
brunofarad:
Nice one

But I think Edo State needs more of interconnected roads

Interconnected?
We have very good road network just that they are not tarred. Mud pool everywhere
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by Askmewhy(m): 4:08pm On Jun 27, 2017
dessz:
as per say I'm based in Edo, I can stand and say..

OBASEKI IS NOT DOING CRAP, HE ONLY DOES THINGS ONCE IN 2 MONTHS.WTF

U must be a born liar. I doubt if u are anywhere close to Edo State.
Go to Ugbor village road, go to country home road go to GRA in Benin and see for yourself you doubting Thomas. May God forgive u.
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by curvilicious: 4:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
When dis this happen?
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by yom2(m): 4:12pm On Jun 27, 2017
slawomir:
I think this obaseki is up to something.
Am a pdp loyalist and ardent supporter of pdp
Live in Benin City. For the fact am a Pdp supporter doesn't take my sense of judgement away from me. This man is doing great
With what we have been seeing so far In Edo, I think this man is trying but that doesn't mean he will get my vote next election.
Once a pdp always remain a pdp!!!

This buses can be of help sometimes ehnnnn especially when you are going to a long distance. Maybe from eyean(aduwawa) to ring road. All you need to do is just pay forty Naira if you have the card or fifty naira if you don't have the card. Whereas without this buses then be ready to pay 200 to 150 to Ring Road with normal buses in the street
but is it sustainable? Is better they charge 80 t0 100naira and keep it rolling than to charge less and pack up after 1year
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by misano(m): 4:23pm On Jun 27, 2017
bishopjoe02:

OK tell us what it was use for, because that loan was approved less than a year before the end of oshomole tenure

The World Bank monitors how the money will be spent. Back in 2006 the government collected $225 million loan from World bank and part of it has been paid back.

The fact is that this amount of money we are talking about; this $225 million was not an Oshiomhole’s assessment, it was not even the ministry of finance assessment or the ministry of works in Edo state. It was an assessment of the World Bank experts. They came, they supervised some infrastructural challenges in the state and they assessed it at $225 million, then in their wisdom, to make sure that; the money is not diverted or used wrongly, they now compartmentalise the money into three sectors. First tranche, they were satisfied at the performance of this one including the pay back plan because it is a loan, even though it is almost interest free, it is still a loan that we have to pay back, and it is from the day of giving you the first tranche that the payback schedule is launched so that if the Edo state government had not been faithful in returning what part of it that the world bank had designated for this period since 2006; they would not of course approve this second tranche. Again if they had not done faithfully the project that the money was meant for, they would not have approved the second tranche.

As for the recent loan, the government is yet to receive the $75m from the World Bank so relax. It all depends on how the first ones were spent that will determine if it will be released.
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by Livefreeordieha(m): 4:26pm On Jun 27, 2017
the same thing ur papppa said few mins before thunder struckout his destiny from him and replaced it with akamu brain...
misano:

Chai... Sorry, ur case is terrible.
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by Xfemt(m): 4:27pm On Jun 27, 2017
brunofarad:
Nice one

But I think Edo State needs more of interconnected roads
bros we ve it here but it nt been mentained or worked on properly according to standard. Edo state has d most interconected roads nd street in nigeria if am nt mistaken. It jst bad govt

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by misano(m): 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2017
seguno2:

Abeg na where the Go and Die fake comrade stop?
Maybe he stopped at keke napep hence Obaseki is starting from there. Is that correct?

Did U just try to be funny? I just 4got to laugh. Should I laugh now... ?
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by misano(m): 4:34pm On Jun 27, 2017
Askmewhy:

U must be a born liar. I doubt if u are anywhere close to Edo State.
Go to Ugbor village road, go to country home road go to GRA in Benin and see for yourself you doubting Thomas. May God forgive u.

Don't mind dat one jor.
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by loomer: 4:35pm On Jun 27, 2017
Where the road wey them wan use the bus
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by misano(m): 4:35pm On Jun 27, 2017
yom2:
but is it sustainable? Is better they charge 80 t0 100naira and keep it rolling than to charge less and pack up after 1year

Comrade buses have been on D road for more than 7 years now. The government keeps buying new ones.
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 27, 2017
Xfemt:
bros we ve it here but it nt been mentained or worked on properly according to standard. Edo state has d most interconected roads nd street in nigeria if am nt mistaken. It jst bad govt

I've been hearing this since I was a boy. Clear road for the ancient city. Edo wado
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by voxsaint(f): 4:39pm On Jun 27, 2017
BLIND GOVERNMENT
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by enomakos(m): 4:42pm On Jun 27, 2017
isalie:

No oh... Me am only saying they should tell oga patapata to extend their railway project reach edo state. E go make sense if possible believe me. Not necessarily at oba market. But railway can still pass through oba market without touching any body's properties it will only cost money. Q
OK that a good idea
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by Xfemt(m): 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2017
isalie:

I've been hearing this since I was a boy. Clear road for the ancient city. Edo wado
edo is not urhobo so remove the wado frm it. So it Edo uvwa kò, although am nt frm edo
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by bishopjoe02(m): 4:44pm On Jun 27, 2017
misano:

The World Bank monitors how the money will be spent. Back in 2006 the government collected $225 million loan from World bank and part of it has been paid back.

The fact is that this amount of money we are talking about; this $225 million was not an Oshiomhole’s assessment, it was not even the ministry of finance assessment or the ministry of works in Edo state. It was an assessment of the World Bank experts. They came, they supervised some infrastructural challenges in the state and they assessed it at $225 million, then in their wisdom, to make sure that; the money is not diverted or used wrongly, they now compartmentalise the money into three sectors. First tranche, they were satisfied at the performance of this one including the pay back plan because it is a loan, even though it is almost interest free, it is still a loan that we have to pay back, and it is from the day of giving you the first tranche that the payback schedule is launched so that if the Edo state government had not been faithful in returning what part of it that the world bank had designated for this Period since 2006; they would not of course approve this second tranche. Again if they had not done faithfully the project that the money was meant for, they would not have approved the second tranche.

As for the recent loan, the government is yet to receive the $75m from the World Bank so relax. It all depends on how the first ones were spent that will determine if it will be released.
you explained how the loan was monitor, but didn't stay what it was used for, what was $225 used for, we both in Edo state, tell a project that is worth that amount.
As for the local govt allocattion, oshiomole maintain a caretaker committee in the major part of his tenure, the concept was, pay salary and keep the rest, why a good part of their allocation is deducted by the governor
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 27, 2017
Xfemt:
edo is not urhobo so remove the wado frm it. So it Edo uvwa kò, although am nt frm edo

Me I'm urhobo and that's how we say it. I think I'd go with the edo version you stated next time thank you
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by dinggle: 4:51pm On Jun 27, 2017
This man is a fool, instead of him to build factories for his prostitutes to work he is buying buses to transport them to their place of prostitution.
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by Xfemt(m): 4:54pm On Jun 27, 2017
isalie:

Me I'm urhobo and that's how we say it. I think I'd go with the edo version you stated next time thank you
me too am urhobo, abraka to b precise nd u
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 27, 2017
hoodedjaystrim:
the danfo's in benin are worst than those in lag i swear

U swear to this fat lie of yours?? I'm sure u have never been to B side. Anybody who has ever been to Benin city knows, u will always find neat, swagful buses to chill in, blazing with musical vibes from deafening speakers to take u anywhere around the city. So oga, no dey talk watin no follow. Imagine comparing Lagos danfos with Benin buses?? U no try at all.
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by Lanreolas(m): 5:00pm On Jun 27, 2017
New bus on bad road
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 27, 2017
Xfemt:
me too am urhobo, abraka to b precise nd u

Effurun
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 27, 2017
slawomir:
Live in Benin City. For the fact am a Pdp supporter doesn't take my sense of judgement away from me. This man is doing great
With what we have been seeing so far In Edo, I think this man is trying but that doesn't mean he will get my vote next election.

This buses can be of help sometimes ehnnnn especially when you are going to a long distance. Maybe from eyean(aduwawa) to ring road. All you need to do is just pay forty Naira if you have the card or fifty naira if you don't have the card. Whereas without this buses then be ready to pay 200 to 150 to Ring Road with normal buses in the street

Oga, I'm glad you did not allow your pdpistic mindset to becloud your sense of judgement. I am not partisan before you say I'm an APC loyalist. It is simply important we applaud good things & constructively criticize what is wrong. Obaseki for now seems to be doing well.
However, I won't fail to tell u that, before submitting a comment always get your facts right. The prices of Comrade Buses from Eyaen/Aduwawa is currently #100 likewise other routes. Commercial taxi prices range from #100 to #200 especially @ night or when it rains. The least price for comrade buses is #70 from New Benin to Oluko.
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by kentus123: 5:17pm On Jun 27, 2017
otokx:
New buses on old roads.

New �, my �
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by Dedetwo(m): 5:18pm On Jun 27, 2017
It is a pity the so-called Edo State governor sourced the buses from Leyland Inc instead of INNO Motors. One goofy fool would try to preach "UNITY" about Niger-Area. I say Nigerian unity my foot.
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by KingGBsky(m): 5:28pm On Jun 27, 2017
slawomir:

You see the way you are giving people false information. The price for govt busses is #100 and not #40 Oga. right now its almost thesame thing as private busses.
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by sunnysunny69(m): 5:34pm On Jun 27, 2017
skimmy005:
at ma age?? do u know me?? vagabond, ewu zombie, u are so jobless dat u went through ma profile, betta nd go find sumtin useful to do with ur wasted, worthless miserable useless life
Jobless ? Holding your username to prove you wrong, living the life you can only dream of. London today , New York next week. Pay attention to your cultism career, you are not worthy of my cleaners .
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by browniex: 5:51pm On Jun 27, 2017
He should first of all construct befitting bus terminals before buying the buses,stop putting the cart before the horse,just take a cew from Ambode.
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by Xfemt(m): 6:08pm On Jun 27, 2017
isalie:

Effurun
mavo
Re: Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) by skimmy005: 6:08pm On Jun 27, 2017
sunnysunny69:
Jobless ? Holding your username to prove you wrong, living the life you can only dream of. London today , New York next week. Pay attention to your cultism career, you are not worthy of my cleaners .
lol am alridi liviing ma dream, am betta dan u by far living in uk dos nt make u betta dan me fooll

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu Fingered In Anti-Osinbajo Plot By Cabal - Daily Independent / Atiku Abubakar Meets With South-East And South-South Governors In Port Harcourt / President Buhari Approves Review Of Grazing Reserves In 25 States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.